Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th October 2016, 15:26   #8581
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post

When I looked at the estimate my heart missed beat , they gave me estimate of 1.52 K .
Hey udaydesai, I don't have the expertise to comment about what parts really need a replacement on your Vento, but one thing is for sure from your post buddy:

That VW Service Outlet MUST be replaced !!

What was that Service Advisor smoking when he gave this quotation??

Just today I saw one of the posts by a BHPian on a 60k service for a Cruze which costed him about INR 60k, and that itself was a eye brow raiser for me.

This is Pure Extortion, unless you car has been really abused.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 20th October 2016 at 15:27.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 15:35   #8582
BHPian

Quote:
My vento confortline ( Auto ) is due for 60 K service, off late a lot of small problems have crept up and decided to show the car to authorized service center, since I stay in Ghodbander road in thane decided to visit service center there.
When I looked at the estimate my heart missed beat , they gave me estimate of 1.52 K .
I will say they are trying to loot here !

few things i want to ask\comment...

is your battery old ?( 3 yrs+) - estimate is 2K more than what you can get on batterybhai or any exide battery shops. Get it replaced outside.

Is your suspension making noise ? - he has given an estimate for replacing anything and everything on your suspension. i am not sure if all this is needed. You better show this to some local garage. For my Rapid, I got may suspension linkages and a few bushes changed( all noises gone) in less than 5K INR.
Back suspension( original) available at 1800 INR in shetty motors in Turbhe Vashi. So Suspension work for sure is a no no at showroom. ( this will reduce about 55K INR here itself.

PM me if you need any help
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 15:42   #8583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
I will say they are trying to loot here !

few things i want to ask\comment...

is your battery old ?( 3 yrs+) - estimate is 2K more than what you can get on batterybhai or any exide battery shops. Get it replaced outside.

PM me if you need any help
Thx Shailesh,

No may car is not abused it is driven by my wife and some time driven to native place by me. even I am surprised by this quote, anyway I am going to show this to local garage here in Thane, lets see what he says.
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 16:03   #8584
BHPian

Quote:
Thx Shailesh,

No may car is not abused it is driven by my wife and some time driven to native place by me. even I am surprised by this quote, anyway I am going to show this to local garage here in Thane, lets see what he says.
in that case you can ask him why is he quoting for battery ? is there a report which shows battery is gone bad ? are you having car starting issue ? thats a first smell.

Also suspension, drive it in some rough roads and see if any noise comes from beneath. if there is no sound then there is no issues.
ShaileshHinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 16:13   #8585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
in that case you can ask him why is he quoting for battery ? is there a report which shows battery is gone bad ? are you having car starting issue ? thats a first smell.
Shailesh,

My battery is new, its just over 1.5 years old.
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 16:30   #8586
Senior - BHPian

[QUOTE
8 STEERING RACK & BOLT 1 13500 1200/-
18 OIL LEAKAGE FROM TIMING SIDE NEED TO BE CHECK AFTER [/quote]

Nothing to worry. All these are not mandatory to replace. Most of them are Suspension parts which you can get it done outside from good FNG.

The above two things MUST be changed under warranty:

Both Polo & Vento have these Steering Rack problems and were replaced under warranty.
Oil Leakage is due to Rocker cover/Gasket leak.(I've face the same thing on my Vento as well)

I've heard from my SA that Timing Belt will be replaced at 120K kms service. Its 60K Kms for all the Skodas.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 20th October 2016 at 16:33. Reason: Added Warranty details
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 16:44   #8587
BHPian

Quote:
When I looked at the estimate my heart missed beat , they gave me estimate of 1.52 L .
That service advisor might be trying to reach his targets.

On the other hand,
1. Is the ABS indicator lit up on the instrument console? If so the ABS sensors may have to be changed.
2. Do you really have issues with the suspension? Is there any deterioration in the ride quality? If yes, there are other aftermarket options.
3. Is your battery fine? I wonder why it's coming up in this estimate!

4. Last question, did they check the car before giving this estimate? I doubt it!

Honestly, get an appointment at a different service centre. These guys are unethical!
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 00:16   #8588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends I need help from experienced persons to guide me if this much parts are required to be replaced?
What better way to say but The Service Advisor is taking you for a royal ride of a lifetime.

Quote:
1 LHS ABS SENSOR 1 4000/- 600/-
2 RHS ABS SENSOR 1 4000/- 600/-
Is the ABS light lit on the dashboard console? If not, not required at all.

Quote:
3 O2 SENSOR 1 2200/- 1200/-
4 LOWER ARM 2 3000/- 450/-
5 LINKAGE 2 4500/- 550/-
6 BALANCE ROD BUSH 2 1000/- 350/-
7 BULKHEAD 1 10000/- 1500/-
8 STEERING RACK & BOLT 1 13500 1200/-
9 BATTERY 1 7800/- 120/-
10 BUFFER BUSH 2 3000/- 800/-
11 SPRING PAD 2 1000/- 800/-
12 RHS INNER AXLE BOOT 1 2000/- 1200/-
13 FRT STRUT {IF REQUIRED} 2 12000/- 1200/-
14 STRUT BEARING 2 1000/-
15 STRUT MOUNTING 2 3000/-
16 REAR SHOCK ABSORBER
{IF REQUIRED} 1 7600/- 1200/-
17 RHS AXLE ASSEMBLY.
[IF REQUIRED} 1 60700/-
18 OIL LEAKAGE FROM TIMING SIDE NEED TO BE CHECK AFTER REPORT
19 SCANNING 700/-

PARTS 140300/-

LABOUR 12470/-

*TAXES AS APPLICABLE TOTAL 152770/-
For all the above you need to inspect the car using a VAS machine to scan if there are any error. I'm sure there won't be any and the SA is unnecessarily pushing stuff.

As for suspension parts, you need to inspect. As suggested by you, I doubt even that won't be required.

My suggestion would be to go following two VW Workshops as they are reputed and do not cheat customers.
1. VW Downtown Lalbaug, Mumbai

2. VW Autobahn Automotive Turbhe, Navi Mumbai
I get my Vento TDi serviced from here for past 5.5 years and they have never disappointed me. If you decide to visit them, contact Mr. Ashish Head CRM Mob no. 7506388584 and give my reference Mr. Rohaan. Gem of a guy.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 01:13   #8589
BHPian

Default Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Anybody has updated their vento with latest software fix for VW DIESELGATE scandal? Any noticeable difference in performance, power , pickup , noise?

I'm getting constant calls from VW for the update but I've refused for now. Waiting for someone's response on this.

My friend recently updated his Vento DSG with the fix but he couldn't find any noticeable difference apart from additional noise.

He got a cleaning kit (worth rupees 2000) from VW as a gesture.
maddyguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 09:11   #8590
BHPian

Lately, I have noticed engine making noises, on cold starts, and RPM repeatedly going up and down by 50 from the idle 750-ish. This used to happen before a software update, way back in 2011. However, it has started happening again.

I have a 2010 TDI Highline (manual). The engine has run almost 1,06,000 kilometers. Serviced as per schedule, and at VW service centers.

This would not be easy to replicate at the service center. Should I be concerned about the engine acting up?
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 10:48   #8591
BHPian

Quote:
estimate my heart missed beat , they gave me estimate of 1.52 L .
Initially I thought this much bill is for some major accident repair. After reading your post completely, even I missed my heart beat for a moment
This many parts replacement is not required for 60K Vento, unless you have used your car only for off road activities only. Please visit another dealer and take second opinion.
hillsnrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 23:36   #8592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
Lately, I have noticed engine making noises, on cold starts, and RPM repeatedly going up and down by 50 from the idle 750-ish. This used to happen before a software update, way back in 2011. However, it has started happening again.

I have a 2010 TDI Highline (manual). The engine has run almost 1,06,000 kilometers. Serviced as per schedule, and at VW service centers.

This would not be easy to replicate at the service center. Should I be concerned about the engine acting up?

Actually this can be rectified. Go to service centre and ask them to connect VAS to your car and then tell them to perform engine test and send a log to VW systems. My friend had similar issue and this solved it after lot of trial and errors.

After new update, car is making loud noises like a tractor. It's really annoying to me and VW guys are calling it pride of VW by stating "saaar it's company firing, no other car can beat it."
maddyguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 00:12   #8593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Actually this can be rectified. Go to service centre and ask them to connect VAS to your car and then tell them to perform engine test and send a log to VW systems. My friend had similar issue and this solved it after lot of trial and errors.

After new update, car is making loud noises like a tractor. It's really annoying to me and VW guys are calling it pride of VW by stating "saaar it's company firing, no other car can beat it."
Thanks. When was that software update performed, and does the car have a 1.6 TDI engine?

I'm bummed that this has happened at a time when they are readying to perform the emissions fix. I do not have a good feeling about that. "It is not expected to cause issues" or something.
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 21:32   #8594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Anybody has updated their vento with latest software fix for VW DIESELGATE scandal? Any noticeable difference in performance, power , pickup , noise?

I'm getting constant calls from VW for the update but I've refused for now. Waiting for someone's response on this.

My friend recently updated his Vento DSG with the fix but he couldn't find any noticeable difference apart from additional noise.

He got a cleaning kit (worth rupees 2000) from VW as a gesture.
Pleae refer to this thread for few updates from fellow BHPians:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-fraud-10.html (Official: Volkswagen recalls 3.24 lakh cars in India over emissions fraud)
anandharamanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 00:22   #8595
Senior - BHPian

You have made no mention of the problems that you are facing, in the absence of which it is difficult to evaluate whether the service centre is making the correct recommendations or not.

Post the missing information to enable one to make sense of the service centre's diagnosis.

Quote:
My vento confortline ( Auto ) is due for 60 K service, off late a lot of small problems have crept up ...............
When I looked at the estimate my heart missed beat , they gave me estimate of 1.52 L .

Friends I need help from experienced persons to guide me if this much parts are required to be replaced?

.........TOTAL 152770/-
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote