Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 15th November 2016, 20:14   #8611
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Lost count of the special editions from VW? Here is the next.

VW India has launched a new variant of the Vento, called Preferred. It comes with new features and a navigation device.

All Comfortline petrol and diesel engines are available in the Preferred Edition - MPI/TSI/TDI/TDI-DSG. Prices are yet to be revealed.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vwventopreferrededition001.jpg
Quote:
Designed for corporate executives, it comes with Alloy wheels, roof foil, side moulding, high quality leather seat covers and a portable navigation device equipped with a wireless rear view camera.
Quote:
The windshield mounted Navigation device shares screen with a new reverse parking camera. Free first year insurance and 4 year Road-Side Assistance (RSA) can also be availed.
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 3846
Size:  73.7 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th November 2016 at 20:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 12:26   #8612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Prices are yet to be revealed.
Volkswagen Vento Preferred edition launched in India

Vento Preferred has been priced Rs 50,000 over the price of the trim level chosen, and is available at all Volkswagen dealerships across India.

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th November 2016 at 12:29.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 06:32   #8613
BHPian

Default Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Posting a query, I have a Rapid and have fitted momo alloys and I did it well after my warranty period. However I constantly get told at the service centres that Rapid doesn't support external alloys and leads to steering rack and pinion failures. I do not know how this happens only with external brand alloys, but I'm not changing them now since I have already spent a good fortune on the alloys and continental CPC2 tyres. Any Vento owners who have switched to external Alloys and if so any rack and pinion issues? Secondly what could be the reason behind such a possibility?
motorworks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 10:54   #8614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Posting a query, I have a Rapid and have fitted momo alloys and I did it well after my warranty period. However I constantly get told at the service centres that Rapid doesn't support external alloys and leads to steering rack and pinion failures. I do not know how this happens only with external brand alloys, but I'm not changing them now since I have already spent a good fortune on the alloys and continental CPC2 tyres. Any Vento owners who have switched to external Alloys and if so any rack and pinion issues? Secondly what could be the reason behind such a possibility?

It's okay if you have similar size external rims. But it's completely different story when you upsize your rim size. Vento/Rapid are sensitive on this part even without external rims, you need to change it at certain point of time.

My friend had installed external rim and upsized it from 15" to 16" with low profile tires. He had to change it within 90,000 km. It depends on your driving style. When you're driving at high speed you can feel if it's gone.
maddyguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 13:46   #8615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
It's okay if you have similar size external rims. But it's completely different story when you upsize your rim size. Vento/Rapid are sensitive on this part even without external rims, you need to change it at certain point of time.

My friend had installed external rim and upsized it from 15" to 16" with low profile tires. He had to change it within 90,000 km. It depends on your driving style. When you're driving at high speed you can feel if it's gone.

Thanks, I have stuck to 15" inchers with the same
PCD as well.
the tyre size is 205/55/15 which technically had the least deviation and I came across many Vento owners who switched to a similar size, so it shouldn't be an issue right?
motorworks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 17:33   #8616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You have made no mention of the problems that you are facing, in the absence of which it is difficult to evaluate whether the service centre is making the correct recommendations or not.

Post the missing information to enable one to make sense of the service centre's diagnosis.
OK, friends, I replaced my O2 sensor and my ABS sensor, all lights in instrument cluster is gone. After that there was very bad vibration in the car, I did wheel alignment and balancing, after that vibration has reduced but not gone totally.
ASC says that it is due to suspension and asked me to change the following
Linkage rod
Balance rod bush
Lower arm
Steering rack
Buffer bush
Spring pad
Front shocks

The vibration is so bad that I am thinking of going for linkage rod , lower arm change.
Can anyone tell me if these are available outside .

Uday
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 18:32   #8617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Can anyone tell me if these are available outside .
All spares are available in Vashi at
Shetty Motors
Address: Plot No. 3, Vashi-Turbhe Rd, Sector 23, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400613
Phone: 022 2783 1732
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 20:10   #8618
Senior - BHPian

If you are anywhere close to New Bombay, I would urge you to get a second opinion from S.K.Carzone in Nerul before you spend money on guesswork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
.......The vibration is so bad that I am thinking of going for linkage rod , lower arm change.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 21:11   #8619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
All spares are available in Vashi at
Shetty Motors
Address: Plot No. 3, Vashi-Turbhe Rd, Sector 23, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400613
Phone: 022 2783 1732
One question, how come suspension is related to vibration,

Uday
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 16:51   #8620
BHPian

Dear all, one of my colleagues is disposing off his 4 year old Vento TDI (40k kms) and I am thinking of picking it up... Can you please help me understand what would be the high value parts that would need replacement at this time (assuming normal usage)?

Thanks a bunch!
sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 19:01   #8621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Dear all, one of my colleagues is disposing off his 4 year old Vento TDI (40k kms) and I am thinking of picking it up... Can you please help me understand what would be the high value parts that would need replacement at this time (assuming normal usage)?

Thanks a bunch!
I can share my experience, i own a mid 2012 Vento Highline TDI (58K Kms) so far the following i have changed during past 4 years,

1) Disk rotor & pads (During 52K kms) - Paid
2) Steering rack - Changed under warranty
3) Steering column - Changed under warranty
4) Engine mount changed during 2012 itself under warranty
5) Changed all the ac vents twice - Once paid
6) I expect the front suspension work in the next service
7) Tyres changed during 50K Kms

I hope this helps a bit.
DineshKanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 19:25   #8622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
4) Engine mount changed during 2012 itself under warranty
6) I expect the front suspension work in the next service
I need to know if the above points are covered under Extended warranty? I have the same problem on the car and are due for replacement but not in VW but on my Honda brio. Are these parts covered under Extended warranty?
SpoiledBratt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 20:19   #8623
BHPian

My nov 2011 vento tdi has completed 110000kms. Timing belt with pulley set changed at 105000kms service. Cost of repair 18000 approx
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 00:08   #8624

Good evenining fellow BHPians,

I am one of your newest members and this is my first ever post in this forum.

I wanted to share my experience from last night with all of you. Thought it might be of interest to some of you and would love to know your thoughts and comments.

Well, I have a 2012 Vento TDi Highline. She had been to VW service center in Andheri (Automark) recently for Fuel Injector replacement. Thanks to the wealth of knowlege available on this forum I could build a strong case against them. A couple of unpleasant meetings and a lengthy trail of emails later I got the repairs done FOC outside of extended warranty. That's a separate discussion altogether. But I want to thank each and every one of you guys who have shared similar experiences here. I quoted references from TBHP and that definitely helped me. BTW Automark sucks.

So, here is what happened last night.. My friend and I took my Vento for a spin post a sumptous dinner. I actually wanted to do a short drive where I could get an oportunity to floor the accelerator. Basically, I wanted to check if she was as good as before. We were cruising at a leasurely 100-110kph. I know that sounds a lot, but on empty SoBo roads at around 1am its okay. We planned to drive down to Marine Drive, hang there for a few minutes, drink a cup of chai and return. There is an old world poetic charm to Marine Drive post midnight. And I have to confess, I am a sucker for the sound of the sea and the breeze.

On our way there we trailed a Merc SL500. The one with twin headlights, 5th Gen, probably a pre 2010 model. Boy, she looks sexy! I couldn't just look at her tail lights. I wanted to take a closer look. I was already in 5th. I floored the pedal and the speed began to climb pushing us deeper in the seats. Felt so good to do that. We were side by side with the SL and my friend said keep climbing. I kept my foot on the accelerator and within no time SL was in my mirrors and growing smaller. We reached 160 and then we slowed down. Both of us were grinning by now. We have done 180 on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway during day time once. But this was special, especially after coming back from the repair shop. SL overtook us by the next signal, but I'm not complaining.

So post this we had again settled around 100kph in the right lane. With one hand on the steering and my elbow comfortably rested on the hand rest I was enjoying the conversation. Topics ranged from de-monetization to having a drone follow us from a distance in the air and capture a video. We were approaching Hotel Trident now. So all we were left to do was go a little further ahead and take a U as the road ends. Just as we were about to cross 2nd to last T crossing, a blue Bimmer charged out of nowhere. It was supposed to cross our path and then take a 90 degrees right proceed to the opposite side of the divider. From what I saw, if we both had continued in our trajectory without any correction we would have had crashed into the read door on the driver's side. With them already taking a turn I guess it was on me to manouver to avoid impact. At this point, I looked in the rear view mirror for any traffic on our left and turned the steering left swiftly. My foot hit the brake as a reflex and I could feel the ABS kick in. I felt the lovely gad-gad-gad-gad on my foot. Tyres did not screech. We avoided impact by a couple of metres, but I guess the time line was a few fractions of seconds due to high speeds of both vehicles. The bimmer went on its way, we took the last U and parked nearby. We then sat by the Sea reminiscing what had happened 1 minute ago!

I know, I deserve no acolades for the heroics. My friend and I had our seat belts on, so even on impact, I guess we might have managed to survive. My friend told me it was a 3-series. I had not noticed it earlier. But what we both noticed was the way the Vento handled this abuse! At no point during that split second incident I lost control not I felt short of confidence. I know most of it is credited to the car and its razor sharp steering responses. But that's what I wanted to highlight from this post! Automark and VW as a whole caused me nightmares after nightmares when she was in the repair shop. But thanks to my Vento, I am writing this post from the comfort of my home (and not hospital).

We invest in all sorts of safety features like airbags, ABS, EBD (those two are a norm these days), but we should be glad if we never have to experience any of them first hand. I have regular access to a Xylo, i10 1.2, City (6th Gen, diesel) and a XUV500. If I was driving any of these cars, I'm not sure if the outcome would have been the same. I read somewhere in this forum, if you were to have an accident, have it in a German...! I concur!

We did not cross 80kph on our drive home. The bond between the Vento and me just grew deeper!

Drive safe this new year's eve!

Regards,
__Crowley__
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 01:43   #8625
BHPian

That was a good write up. I enjoyed it... the fact that I own a polo made it even more special. By the way Welcome!!!

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   Reply With Quote