Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th May 2017, 18:11   #8746
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
My Vento is manual not DSG. And regarding your query, Its running extremely well.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Which one do you think will be better Skoda Rapid or Vento? Vento Comfortline DSG is costing me 12.4 OTR while rapid is 50k costlier variant to variant. Your view?

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2017 at 18:22. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
SpoiledBratt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 18:17   #8747

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. Which one do you think will be better Skoda Rapid or Vento? Vento comfortline DSG is costing me 12.4 OTR while rapid is 50k costlier variant to variant. Your view?
I read somewhere in the forum about GTO's opinion on difference between VW an Skoda that the KEY differentiator between VW & Skoda, in India, will be service quality. VW has a huge opportunity, given the pathetic standards of Skoda's after-sales operations.
Crowley is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 19:59   #8748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
What your colleague mentioned is true. Search in our forum and you'll find a dedicated thread on the same where members are debating about it and the changes noticed post the update.

I confirmed from my SA that the noise of the engine increases, but should settle down in future. I would think that the settling down of the noise in future is just the person getting adapted to it. As part of software update, they'll also add a filter in front of the air filter that will reduce the airflow. That could affect the performance of the car if you enjoy not so sedate driving.

I've said NO to the update as I love the car in its current form.
Unfortunately couldn't find a dedicated thread here!
Did your SA told you for what this software updates is for? Why one should do this update? I am giving my Vento for 1st servicing at 15k, its a Highline DSG. I will ask the question to my SA anyways.
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 20:58   #8749
BHPian

Quote:
Which one do you think will be better Skoda Rapid or Vento?
Though I have a different requirement, I am currently vacillating between SCross-Vento DSG diesl-Rapid DSG. SCross is a great car particularly if you are driving in highway. Its high speed stability is excellent. However, ATs are very convenient for our kind of traffic and thats where Vento and Rapid signs. I found Rapid to be more composed on highway than Vento, probably due to its slightly stiffer suspension. If you want AT, Rapid would be my pick. Without AT, SCross all the way.
sups is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 01:22   #8750
BHPian

Quote:
How is it running and is it dsg? Please share your vento experience?
The Vento DSG TDI was launched only in 2014 (around Sep/Oct) and mine is one among the first lot. It has completed 35K KMs and was always a pleasure to drive, both in City and on Highways. Several updates are pending on my ownership thread and I plan to do that during the coming weekend.

Link to my ownership thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...oadrunner.html (VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Unfortunately couldn't find a dedicated thread here!
You'll find a lot of information from the below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-update-5.html (Dyno tested at last! VW's Dieselgate software update)

Last edited by rejeen : 12th May 2017 at 01:31.
rejeen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 16:55   #8751
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need your advise on some issues that have cropped up in my Vento Highline 1.6 TDI (2012 model).

12th of May was the due date for my fourth service. However, I could not take the car that day. From the next day, i.e., 13th of May, the car started behaving differently. Initially, the engine note became very rough and I could feel that the car is not normal. It was buttery smooth until then.

• On 15th of May, early morning at 5.30AM the car did not start with one try. I had to try more than 5 to 6 times before it started. Even when it started, the engine RPM was around 500 which usually should be 800. But after a few minutes, the RPM came back to normal. However, the roughness was still there.
  • By 15th evening, when I started my car at 6 PM, the same problem occurred once again. It took 5 to 6 attempts to start. I got down and checked the engine oil through the dip stick. To my surprise, it was almost NIL with oil just about touching the end of the stick. There was absolutely no engine oil warning sign or the engine warning and still the oil was almost empty.
  • I have to also tell you that there was lot of juddering at 800 RPM when the vehicle was idle.
  • Immediately, I called the service station to book an appointment and took the car today morning i.e., 17th of May at 9AM.
  • All the problems were explained to the service manager and I left the workshop. The service manager first called up at 11.30 to inform that the VAS had not detected any problems with respect to the injector or any other systems and they would check the engine in detail.
  • Just now at 3.30 PM they called up and said that the injector is not receiving fuel and that the entire fuel system has to be changed. The cost of this as per the service manager would be upwards of Rs. 2.5 Lakhs. I asked them why cant a particular part of the system be changed if it was faulty and why the entire system has to be changed. For this they had no immediate answer. They said they will get back to me.

Now, I do not know what to do. Can you guys please guide me through this entire episode?

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 11:04   #8752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
I need your advise on some issues that have cropped up in my Vento Highline 1.6 TDI (2012 model).
UPDATE:

The service manager called me today i.e., 18th May to inform that he has personally taken care to check all the problems and this is what he said:

1. That all 4 injectors are blocked but 1 of them is severely blocked.
2. This is because the fuel lines are blocked because of small foreign particles.
3. That this problem arises due to adulterated fuel.
4. That this fuel system cannot be cleaned and has to be replaced entirely.

And finally, that this would cost me upwards of Rs. 2.5 lakhs.

What can be my options?

1. Should I get a second opinion and get the vehicle checked in some other service center in Bangalore?
2. Should I fight it out with Volkswagen?

Please guide.

Regards,
Anant

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2017 at 18:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 18th May 2017, 11:10   #8753
BHPian

Got a small problem in my Vento DSG TDI

since two days the car refuses to start, mostly looks like a battery issue. called the VW RSA and got quick response. Their technician came and jump started the car.

We took the car to the VW service centre where they said they will have to run a diagnosis which would cost Rs.1250. My car is only 20 months old so shouldn't this diagnosis(where they plug in a computer) be under warranty? Battery only has a 1 year warranty according to them and if they replace the battery new one will also only have just a 1 year warranty.

What is most shocking is that they say if i get the battery installed from anywhere else, the warranty on all electronic parts will be void

I have spoken to their customer care and written a mail lodging my concerns and should get a response today.

What should be my course of action now? should i just take the 1- year warranty battery that costs 8k or should i get them to either replace it for free or give it me in writing that my warranty will expire if i put any other battery?

should i be paying the diagnosis charge on a 20 month old car?
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 13:03   #8754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
What should be my course of action now? should i just take the 1- year warranty battery that costs 8k or should i get them to either replace it for free or give it me in writing that my warranty will expire if i put any other battery?

should i be paying the diagnosis charge on a 20 month old car?
The battery itself would have come with a 36 month warranty. They should replace the battery in warranty. Fight for getting a free replacement
ShaileshHinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 13:28   #8755
BHPian

Quote:
Got a small problem in my Vento DSG TDI

What is most shocking is that they say if i get the battery installed from anywhere else, the warranty on all electronic parts will be void
Please ask them to give it in writing that the electronic parts warranty will be void if the battery is not purchased from them. They wont. It is pure bull. Stock batteries come with 1 year warranty from what I know.
The Amaron purchased from outside comes with 2.5 to 3 years warranty and cost me Rs.55xx for my Rapid 1.6TDI. For your Vento it shouldn't be any different.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 17:50   #8756
BHPian

Quote:
We took the car to the VW service centre where they said they will have to run a diagnosis which would cost Rs.1250.
Hi,

I had same problem with a 1.5 year old car, I did not bother calling VW and got this replaced with Amaron, as mentioned by other folks cost is 55XX. I did not want to get same replacement battery from VW hence chose Amaron for peace of mind.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 23:15   #8757
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:
And finally, that this would cost me upwards of Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
Hi Anant,

Please do share your experience on the above and how and what steps you are taking to deal with the above situation. I am asking because I am looking for a new car and Rapid/Vento DSG TDI are under my consideration and I am afraid if I would ever come across such situations?

Regards
Chandan

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2017 at 18:24. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
SpoiledBratt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 23:26   #8758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Please ask them to give it in writing that the electronic parts warranty will be void if the battery is not purchased from them. They wont. It is pure bull. Stock batteries come with 1 year warranty from what I know.
The Amaron purchased from outside comes with 2.5 to 3 years warranty and cost me Rs.55xx for my Rapid 1.6TDI. For your Vento it shouldn't be any different.
I got a call from the service centre after I complained on the VW website. The lady refused to give anything in writing regarding the warranty. Regarding a free replacement these guys seem adamant on not giving it. Will talk to the dealer himself tomorrow and see what can be done.

Last year the court ruling fined some car makers for not allowing owners to service their cars outside. Will that reference help in this case ?
abhinavsureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 23:38   #8759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What can be my options?

1. Should I get a second opinion and get the vehicle checked in some other service center in Bangalore?
2. Should I fight it out with Volkswagen?

Please guide.
If the problem as diagnosed by workshop is correct, VW can wash its hand off stating; its customer fault.

I would suggest you to write email to VW India (customer.care@volkswagen.co.in), stating the problem and diagnosis by Workshop. As a customer it is not possible for one to test fuel what is being filled in.

VW should offer a Goodwill gesture covering certain percentage of cost or may be 100% as well.

If car is drivable, you can have it tested at another VW Workshop to know diagnosis is correct or not.

Lastly why is oil dipstick showing oil at lowest level? Something wrong?

Quote:
Please do share your experience on the above and how and what steps you are taking to deal with the above situation. I am asking because I am looking for a new car and Rapid/Vento DSG TDI are under my consideration and I am afraid if I would ever come across such situations?
Be rest assured, filling in adulterated fuel can make even the most reliable car, read Toyota, Honda; Fail.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 05:03   #8760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
If the problem as diagnosed by workshop is correct, VW can wash its hand off stating; its customer fault.

I would suggest you to write email to VW India (customer.care@volkswagen.co.in), stating the problem and diagnosis by Workshop. As a customer it is not possible for one to test fuel what is being filled in.

VW should offer a Goodwill gesture covering certain percentage of cost or may be 100% as well.

If car is drivable, you can have it tested at another VW Workshop to know diagnosis is correct or not.

Lastly why is oil dipstick showing oil at lowest level? Something wrong?

Be rest assured, filling in adulterated fuel can make even the most reliable car, read Toyota, Honda; Fail.
Hi el lobo,

I have been filling diesel from the same pump for the last 3 years. Even in this case, I had filled diesel till the tank was full. The car has run more than 350kms on the same fuel.

I have my doubts on the diagnosis because the first time the service advisor called, he clearly mentioned that there were no faults detected when they connected the VAS. From my end too, there were no warning signs like the engine check light or the glow plug in the car.

The service manager of the dealership is on some training in Pune and will be back only on 20th(Saturday). So we have to wait till he comes back to discuss any financials.

In the meantime, I have already written to the Area Service Manager, Customer Care, GM of Bangalore Motors(dealership) and All India After Sales GM regarding this. Buy no response yet.

Will keep you guys updated.

Regards,
Anant