Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 22:38   #976
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
+1 to that. Red vento is yuck IMO! Surprising as the Polo looks so good in red.
I have seen the vento in white and it looks very elegant. I saw the silver color and it was so-so.
I am sure it will look good in black as well.
oops, thats bad. I am big fan of Red (Esp, Octavia)!!!. But you are right. Vento in Red is not as good as Polo Red!!. I am not a big fan of White/Silver. If its not red, then it has to be a black for me. But may be it will look good with bigger and better Alloys and a spoiler

Btw, 17" is too much probably. 195 or 205-55-R16, would be good

Last edited by motorhead5 : 25th October 2010 at 22:40.
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 22:45   #977
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,605
Thanked: 606 Times
Default

Those alloys look great!! Are those OEM ones? But I'm sure the ride(USP of Vento) has been compromised with those 17inchers. But who really cares when you have an awesome powerhouse beneath the hood
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 23:29   #978
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
oops, thats bad. I am big fan of Red (Esp, Octavia)!!!. But you are right. Vento in Red is not as good as Polo Red!!. I am not a big fan of White/Silver. If its not red, then it has to be a black for me. But may be it will look good with bigger and better Alloys and a spoiler

Btw, 17" is too much probably. 195 or 205-55-R16, would be good
Vento badly needs a tyre upgrade. 195 or 205 will definately make the steering a bit heavy. Also 16" would be welcome.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 00:29   #979
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chd
Posts: 289
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
A friend in my building got delivery of his Vento day before yesterday. And yesterday a flatbed truck came and took it away. The reason? Smoke coming from the rear brakes. Apparently there is a crack somewhere
German reliability anyone?
Any update on this case? I think this has been Vento's first mechanical problem reported on the forum.

I am also surprised that very few have ACTUALLY got their car. We have barely seen any Vento's on road. Also there are no ownership experience threads. Seems like most people are just waiting :( I'll be surprised if the Oct sales figures for Vento are as high as they were in Sept.
imjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 06:14   #980
BHPian
 
msprabhakar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 262
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
While driving when I take the foot of the accelerator the car does not seem to slow down for quite some time
The reason is Vento has a heavy flywheel... it's good to conserve energy and makes driving smooth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
I will have to depress the clutch and apply the brake to slow the car
Never depress the clutch and apply brake, else you'll wear out the brakes very soon. Besides, you're wasting the engine's natural braking ability. It can be very dangerous in downhill situations, besides wasting your energy with double effort through both legs...
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 10:06   #981
BHPian
 
msd63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 89
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
The reason is Vento has a heavy flywheel... it's good to conserve energy and makes driving smooth...

Never depress the clutch and apply brake, else you'll wear out the brakes very soon. Besides, you're wasting the engine's natural braking ability. It can be very dangerous in downhill situations, besides wasting your energy with double effort through both legs...
What I have noticed is that sometimes the car seems to keep going even in 3rd gear for quite a distance before it slows down after lifting the foot of the accelerator. It is as though the accelerator is stuck or something. I feel the driving will be smooth if the car behaves exactly the way we want it to behave, the smoothness upto the skill of the driver,
I take your point regarding braking and will depress the clutch at the point of stopping to prevent stalling.
msd63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 10:17   #982
Senior - BHPian
 
typeOnegative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vikhroli, Mumbai, India
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen.to.know View Post
The sales staff at the dealer in Pune were completely failing to provide required attention to all the interested & curious buyers. Long wait periods would also prove detrimental to some potential buyers.


I really do not know if this will be another case of good car being killed by poor sales staff and supply not meeting demand. I am waiting for the *** feedback.

BTW, I have seen a red Vento and it looked good. Just give a good set of wheels and nice rubber, plonk in a decent looking spoiler and that will make it one smoking hot car.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 10:19   #983
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,540 Times
Default

Saw Pete's Vento in his hotel yesterday night when I went for dinner. It's personally owned by him. It's a 130HP, 300Nm monster with 17" shoes with ultra low profile rubber.
Looked really mean.!

Another update.
Went to VW Cochin yesterday and asked about the delay.
They then showed me the statement from VW factory and my production id is 136. The production date is 1st Nov. The other details are - 10 days for production and 10 days for transit. So total,20 days for the car to arrive here in cochin. Then maybe 2 days for the formalities. So by 25th Nov, I should be getting the car.

No accessories included in the package. No mudflaps, No car mats, anything. ASked about the leather seats.
Normal seat covers will come around 7k and genuine Stanley leather will be 35k which includes seats, steering, door pads, arm rest etc.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 10:26   #984
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 201 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Saw Pete's Vento in his hotel yesterday night when I went for dinner. It's personally owned by him. It's a 130HP, 300Nm monster with 17" shoes with ultra low profile rubber.
Looked really mean.!

Another update.
Went to VW Cochin yesterday and asked about the delay.
They then showed me the statement from VW factory and my production id is 136. The production date is 1st Nov. The other details are - 10 days for production and 10 days for transit. So total,20 days for the car to arrive here in cochin. Then maybe 2 days for the formalities. So by 25th Nov, I should be getting the car.

No accessories included in the package. No mudflaps, No car mats, anything. ASked about the leather seats.
Normal seat covers will come around 7k and genuine Stanley leather will be 35k which includes seats, steering, door pads, arm rest etc.
@naveen.raju: Congrats! I guess this waiting period is the most painful

Any idea what is the current waiting period that the Dealers are quoting in Cochin ?
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 14:07   #985
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,540 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
@naveen.raju: Congrats! I guess this waiting period is the most painful

Any idea what is the current waiting period that the Dealers are quoting in Cochin ?
Ya buddy.. This waiting period is really killing me.
The current waiting period is 3-4 months for fresh booking and black vento will take around 5-6 months.
I had booked for a black one, but they said my carwould be expected only in May.SO decided to stick with White
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 14:33   #986
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 201 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ya buddy.. This waiting period is really killing me.
The current waiting period is 3-4 months for fresh booking and black vento will take around 5-6 months.
I had booked for a black one, but they said my carwould be expected only in May.SO decided to stick with White
I booked it 10 days back, so I expect that I would get it by Jan 2011
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 17:04   #987
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,540 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I booked it 10 days back, so I expect that I would get it by Jan 2011
You booked from VW palace cross,Bangy? I heard blore dealers have almost the same waiting period, 3-4 months. WHich variant and color?
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 18:08   #988
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 201 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You booked from VW palace cross,Bangy? I heard blore dealers have almost the same waiting period, 3-4 months. WHich variant and color?
Yeah VW Palace Cross, Bangalore. Booked a Vento Highline, Diesel, White color

The sales guy told me that it will take more than 5 months, then some other guy (from the showroom) told me that it will take 3 months or so.... no clear idea.....
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 09:02   #989
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,453
Thanked: 873 Times
Default

I happened to see a brand new Black Vento at Premji's in Mahim yesterday while I was having wheel balancing for my Innova's wheels with newly shod Yoko Cs.

Man, it looked awesome...white looks sublime, but for those who are looking for deadly presence, Black is just fabulous, IMO.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 12:44   #990
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 401
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Those alloys look great!! Are those OEM ones? But I'm sure the ride(USP of Vento) has been compromised with those 17inchers. But who really cares when you have an awesome powerhouse beneath the hood
It look like the alloys from upcoming Jetta.
Pics in page 50 of this thread.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks