Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th January 2011, 23:51   #1366
BHPian

Default Re: Vento delivery woes

My experience with VW dealer (Elite motors, Bangalore) had been just pathetic. They dont pick up calls. If if they do, there is no point talking to them. Absolutely no intention to help. I am even thinking of canceling my Vento booking. Another concern that I have is on the issues folks are facing, being a new product. Had their service been good, I wouldn't have worried about these issues being reported.
motorhead5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 00:16   #1367
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Getting really frustrated with the pre-sales service by the dealer (Elite, Bglr). They just don't care about customers or delivery. Above that, sales folks are changing very frequently and its impossible to get some one who could give any useful info. I am seriously thinking of canceling the Vento booking after waiting for nearly 3 months. Considering the fact that many are facing issues in Vento and Polo, I am much concerned about their post delivery service, if this is what I am getting before sales. I am exploring options including used cars like 2 year old Optra Magnum etc.
motorhead5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 00:47   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Getting really frustrated with the pre-sales service by the dealer (Elite, Bglr). They just don't care about customers or delivery. Above that, sales folks are changing very frequently and its impossible to get some one who could give any useful info. I am seriously thinking of canceling the Vento booking after waiting for nearly 3 months. Considering the fact that many are facing issues in Vento and Polo, I am much concerned about their post delivery service, if this is what I am getting before sales. I am exploring options including used cars like 2 year old Optra Magnum etc.
If you are serious about the Magnum, you will find that a new one costs only as much as the Vento. However, is it prudent to cancel after waiting for 3 months?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 01:54   #1369
Distinguished - BHPian

When people have been told, after four months, that they have to wait another four months for their VW it might well be sensible.

And here I am: lusting after another VAG car: the Yeti. Would I really buy a Skoda? Perhaps it is a good thing that the question is academic as I can't afford it anyway.

I read, within that past couple of days, of Audi increasing its sales efforts here. After-sales service?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 09:31   #1370
Senior - BHPian

I had faced the same issue too.In spite of booking the car even before the launch, I had to wait for 5 months. This is after paying them 1L advance, being in the priority list and even we know the GM of VW Cochin. But I should say that, even though we never received frequent updates from them, they were kind enough to speed up the process at the end.

Things are getting better here in Cochin (although the waiting period is still long), they are really helpful.
Hope VW comes with a better strategy this year since the market for the Vento is huge.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 09:43   #1371
Senior - BHPian

I have received good after sales response from VW Cochin. I had gone to the dealer to check a minor problem with the coolant level. They took care of everything very well and checked the engine bay and topped up the coolant. After an hour left the showroom with my wallet still full ;-)
Old 19th January 2011, 11:34   #1372
BHPian

I wanted some information, I have been in touch with the dealer, obviously the response from him always is "I cant tell you at this point in time about the date of delivery". I have registered a complaint with VW customer care, but again no response from them.

I wanted to find out with the other Vento / Polo owners, how can I get VW to respond to my queries now. Its high time they should give me an approximate date of delivery, "No Idea" is definitely unacceptable.

What should I do ?

Mods: I hope, I have posted this query at the right place, as the dealer related queries related to Vento were being discussed here. If not then I am sorry about it.
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 13:15   #1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
My experience with VW dealer (Elite motors, Bangalore) had been just pathetic. They dont pick up calls. If if they do, there is no point talking to them. Absolutely no intention to help. I am even thinking of canceling my Vento booking. Another concern that I have is on the issues folks are facing, being a new product. Had their service been good, I wouldn't have worried about these issues being reported.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Surprise, I am surprised that you are not surprised at this. VW have very very little presence in India, especially in Chennai. Exactly how many showrooms and A.S.S are there ? How can they handle this enormous volume of folks wanting to buy a VW ? Yeah, their ads seem like they want to hit the heart of India, but do they have the infrastructure to handle this demand and subsequent service ? I just hope they do not become another FIAT of the early 2000s and end up having a tie up with Mahindra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
But the strong negative clouding VW is the irresponsible dealer attitude & extended delivery time frame. I was told that they had temporarily stopped taking the booking for Vento in Chennai & had no idea when they will resume the booking though he had hinted that things might improve by March 2011.

Already there are posts floating around TBHP on users exploring next possible options due to the above cited reasons. This is a right time to keep adding the customer base of this segment by reasonable delivery time before other Companies introduce their competitive models.

Where did it would have gone wrong? How difficult is it to ramp up the production?
1+++.
My experiences with ALL dealers in Mumbai has been pathetic. If pre-sales is so bad I have concerns about A.S.S.

Went with a lesser evil at the time and booked the 'Vento Shadow Blue HLD' in Sep 2009 for INR 75000. Since then dealer communicated twice via snail mail, to inform me the delivery will be delayed by 3 weeks. Emails are not answered. In Dec I got a call (supposedly for booking confirmation, as if 75000 was not enough). The rep thought I had booked a petrol.
Though this colour was to be launched in 2011, there is no reason why they can't deliver by end of Jan 2011 which I had asked for.

Wouldn't mind waiting, but for the hopeless attitude experienced with almost every communication I've had with them. Have stopped following up.

If I had a choice, I would've cancelled my booking a long time back. The problem is there is no other car good enough (except ANHC) in this class.
Was hopeful that either the upgraded Linea Diesel (don't think it will happen anytime soon...if it actually sells what will Fiat do with profits???) or upgraded Fiesta might be launched in Jan/Feb (but doesn't look like it).

And, VW cannot go the Fiat way. VW looks like it has a mangement team, while Fiat looks like it's still evaluating the feasibility of having one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
My take is that VW may have not factored in such demand coming its ways rights from the days they launched Polo. VW could have assumed response cou;ld be a bit more to its Jetta,Passat line( which actually back fired) leading to production issues.
It's not like they had prompt deliveries of the Polo. I would understand if they had streamlined Polo deliveries first and then faced problems with Vento.

Problem is corporates (as in BIG companies) are never agile and take a lot of time to absorb feedback and act upon them (or maybe VW thinks what they are doing is right and don't bother about frustrated customers).
anjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 13:18   #1374
BHPian

VW should give some common booking number to track in online?
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 14:16   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I wanted some information, I have been in touch with the dealer, obviously the response from him always is "I cant tell you at this point in time about the date of delivery".
Contacting the Sales Haed/GM directly would be your best bet IMO
Abhinav.Daos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 14:36   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
VW should give some common booking number to track in online?
Forget the common booking number for tracking online, I registered my complaint on 10th Jan, and till date I haven't received any call from them. I keep calling them every 48 hrs to check the status, but no improvement.

Did you get any online tracking number to track the progress ?
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 14:46   #1377
Senior - BHPian

There's no point in calling their customer care. They wont bother to reply. I tried that too. The only thing to do is, go straight to the dealer, make your point clear. Say you are planning to cancel the booking or get a written statement from them on the delivery date. I know this might not work, but the last thing you could do is shout at them. Atleast, that's what I did and proved it to be lucky.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:11   #1378
BHPian

It's not good to see us(customers) in the loosing end, Buying a car should be an happy moment, these guys makes it to other side.

My case also same with elite, Blr. They just took the booking after that no call from them for the past 2 months. When I checked with VW 1800 number, they called me back in 10 mins and said dealer will get back to me. Till today no call from the dealer.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 15:19   #1379
vcx
BHPian

Hi All,

Pls. also post complaints, queries to Volkswagen on Facebook and Twitter.

Look for Id : VolkswagenIndia officially managed by VW group and here I found them active.
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 15:57   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian

If they think that is enough, then they are making another big mistake. Many of us never go near either.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote