Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 13:20   #16
BHPian
 
basilmabraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 743
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
...You can tell the guy at toll that you wanted to go to Bharat Petroleum to tank up and in most cases he will allow you.(So far nobody said no) . Ensure you take the bill after filling up , so that you can show that as proof @ toll while returning back. .
Thanks for that Alex. I like the idea of not paying the toll for going to fill up. Let me see if it would work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
I guess you got it wrong. Sorry to say that I had an incident couple of months back in Cochin.
Sorry to hear about that incident. I hadnt heard of any so far.

But, how could the attendand have fooled even your dad? Did the guy reset the counter before your dad returned?

I always get an automated print out generated from the filling station. I mention this to the attnedant before he/she starts filling. This ensures that you have got what you paid for. Also this can be used to avail tax exemption by claiming for fuel bills.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 15th June 2011 at 13:26.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 14:14   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,559
Thanked: 2,560 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Sorry to hear about that incident. I hadnt heard of any so far.

But, how could the attendand have fooled even your dad? Did the guy reset the counter before your dad returned?

I always get an automated print out generated from the filling station. I mention this to the attnedant before he/she starts filling. This ensures that you have got what you paid for. Also this can be used to avail tax exemption by claiming for fuel bills.
When my dad returned, he reset the counter and already started filling up an auto. Since these kind of incidents have never been reported here, my dad trusted his word. But luckily, I was watching the entire show and caught him red handed. Since these are govt run outlets, the people working there were least bothered when I told about the incident. Anyways, stopped going there. The civil supplies near BTH is pretty good. My dad tops the tank there now.

Also, the one at the North end of MG road is pretty good. Avoid the pump right next to Krishna Hospital (Opp Maharaja's College ground, MG road).
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 17:09   #18
BHPian
 
basilmabraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 743
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Thanks for that Alex. I like the idea of not paying the toll for going to fill up. Let me see if it would work for me.
So I did try the option to not pay the toll while going to Iripanam for re fueling. It worked most of the times. Once I was asked to pay 5 rupees and was given a torn receipt.
The BP pump is exceptional. Very courteous lady staff servicing at the pumps. Accurate amount of good quality fuel dispensed. I am very happy to have this pump near my house.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:02   #19
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

There is one COCO pump on left side just before the North overbridge while coming from Kacherippady side
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 20:25   #20
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Just recently noted that the 2 pumps on the left side after irumpanam toll are COCO pumps. 1st one is an HP pump and 2nd is an IOC pump. 3rd one , BP on right side is also a COCO.
Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 22:59   #21
BHPian
 
Skyline GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 594
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

The IOC fuel station just after Ford showroom on the LHS going towards Thrissur is offering free Nitrogen for customers who fill full tank Diesel/Petrol + 1 bottle mineral water.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 12:11   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
myavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi - Kochi
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 460 Times
Arrow Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

The IOC fuel station at Nadakkavu (on the way to Vaikom from Tripunithura). More than 15 years we are utilizing this pump. The Staff and other facilities are excellent. Luckily when I was there for my recent Christmas Vacation they where the only one accepting the Indian Oil Citibank credit cards with-in 15 Kms periphery (my home is just 2km from the pump)

Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin-ioc.jpg

Cheers!
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 14:54   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,559
Thanked: 2,560 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
The IOC fuel station just after Ford showroom on the LHS going towards Thrissur is offering free Nitrogen for customers who fill full tank Diesel/Petrol + 1 bottle mineral water.
Many tyre shops offer free nitrogen topups. Had to pay when they introduced nitrogen but nowadays most shops offer free filling. The initial filling will be charged but topups will be free.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:10   #24
BHPian
 
Vasuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Venice of East
Posts: 308
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Everything is not hunky dory in Kochi. Yesterday I filled petrol in my thunderbird at the BP Petrol pump after north over bridge towards kacheripady. While returning back to haripad, I noticed after cherthala, the engine started to misfire and the power tapers down intermittently. I went to the Service centere at Alappuzha and they cleaned the carburetor. The service guy told me the problem is with the petrol filled.
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:46   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,559
Thanked: 2,560 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Everything is not hunky dory in Kochi. Yesterday I filled petrol in my thunderbird at the BP Petrol pump after north over bridge towards kacheripady. While returning back to haripad, I noticed after cherthala, the engine started to misfire and the power tapers down intermittently. I went to the Service centere at Alappuzha and they cleaned the carburetor. The service guy told me the problem is with the petrol filled.
Are you talking about the petrol station right opposite Bajaj showroom? I havent used them till now. The one after north bridge towards Kaloor is pretty good.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:19   #26
BHPian
 
Vasuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Venice of East
Posts: 308
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Are you talking about the petrol station right opposite Bajaj showroom? I havent used them till now. The one after north bridge towards Kaloor is pretty good.
While going towards kacheripady from north over bridge the petrol pump on left side(Bharat Petroleum)
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 21:32   #27
BHPian
 
evilmessiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 97
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

My usual re-fueling spots are-

1) Unity Fuels at Edapally Toll- just before the Edapally Byepass (been buying from them for years)
2) The BP pump near Pathadipalam right after the Ford Showroom (better service for refilling air in tyres).

Never had any real issues with either of them.
evilmessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 19:08   #28
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 761
Thanked: 1,654 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

I always fill diesel from the BP pump near Kundannoor junction. It comes on your right as you go towards Maradu from Kundannoor Jn, approximately 300 metres from the junction. The pump is good and reliable.

No freebies yet though (like nitrogen top ups or mineral water)
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 20:05   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I always fill diesel from the BP pump near Kundannoor junction. It comes on your right as you go towards Maradu from Kundannoor Jn, approximately 300 metres from the junction. The pump is good and reliable.

No freebies yet though (like nitrogen top ups or mineral water)
I generally use the first IOC pump on the way from BMC to Kakkanad (Seaport-Airport Road).

@Dhanush: Freebies are more often than not "on demand". 2 weeks back, I asked for freebies after a top -up at an IOC pump in Kottayam. The guy went back and returned with 2 bottles of mineral water
Mistakenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 20:21   #30
BHPian
 
msaudf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 256
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Cochin

The newly re-opened BP pump at Padamugal, is now company owned and operated, it is opp. Hotel Hill View and seems to be doing a good job, although not equipped with any extra facilities they get the job done, clean and correct fuel.
msaudf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore v1p3r Bangalore 1124 12th January 2017 19:05
Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune adya33 Other Cities 584 27th December 2016 15:35
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR sheetumanu Delhi NCR 268 5th September 2016 10:27
Trusted Petrol Pumps : Ahmedabad cmdalvi Other Cities 9 26th August 2016 12:47
Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai amitsingh08 Mumbai 237 21st April 2016 18:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks