Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 23:10   #16
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 711 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Agree , why is the pricing on the higher side compared to say 3M Mumbai. ?
It could be octroi. Typically a shipment lands in Mumbai port and by the time it reaches Pune, prices increases.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 11:16   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,649
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Nice to see the updates there, Kiran. I've been hearing a lot about these 3M guys from all over the town. Unfortunately, havent got the time to go to either of the places - Vimannagar or Baner.

895+ taxes, isnt that expensive for the work they carried out.
My Laura sure needs some TLC and me thinks, its time to head there.

Thanks for the updates.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 12:14   #18
BHPian
 
Racer_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 268
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Nice to see the updates there, Kiran. I've been hearing a lot about these 3M guys from all over the town. Unfortunately, havent got the time to go to either of the places - Vimannagar or Baner.

895+ taxes, isnt that expensive for the work they carried out.
My Laura sure needs some TLC and me thinks, its time to head there.

Thanks for the updates.
Let me know when you are going, need to get the City Cleaned up!
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 14:27   #19
BHPian
 
thewhiteknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 101
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Oh hey, another 3M outlet has opened in Wanorie, I think its in the sacred heart society. Basically in the road opposite Kedari PP. I have never been there but saw it while I was driving by.

I have been to the Viman Nagar one a fair number of times and would say their services are excellent. I have gotten the Interior and Exterior Essential pack among the other more basic services (foam wash, etc.)and for my 8 year old lancer, boy I fell in love all over again.

Incidentally, I also got a discount (10% i think, could be less) on account of being a tbhpian the first time I went there. Met the owner and was pretty convinced about the service commitment. After that, i never asked for the discount and honestly did not check while billing if they gave me one.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 19th December 2011 at 14:31.
thewhiteknight is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 15:07   #20
BHPian
 
subodh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 214
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

3M has always been leading player in the field of car cleaning. Even before these flagship stores were opened, the local players always used 3m products for internal car cleaning. Their products are excellent and the best advantage of the flagship stores is that local people cannot pass local products as 3m products anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
It could be octroi. Typically a shipment lands in Mumbai port and by the time it reaches Pune, prices increases.
The octroi is more in Mumbai than in Pune Dot so I dont think so that might be the reason

Last edited by subodh : 21st December 2011 at 15:09.
subodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 17:12   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,723
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

I had been to the Baner store about 2 weeks back. I was interested only in a basic foam wash. However, just to kill the time, I checked out all their packages. IMHO, its totally worth.

The kind of detailing and finishing that I witnessed even from a basic foam wash was mind blowing. I am going their again for external detailing package.

Its highly recommended guys.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:48   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 368 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

In my opinion, Rs. 1000 for the work done, is on the higher side. This looks like a new swift to me. I recon simple shampoo wash is more than sufficient on new paint. For interior cleaning, a small vacuum cleaner works fine in my case.

A typical solvent like WD-40 or a bug/ tar remover is enough to moisten the tree sap and bird poo from your bonnet and roof. A regular interior exterior cleaning is around Rs. 350 at Baner center (I think it was Ajay who had posted that).
The engine bay detailing is good - and I like that. But the rest of the work is pure cleaning and dressing.
I am glad that you saw this as value for money.

However, I would consider this as an alternative only if I don't have time to clean the car myself.

Will visit them nevertheless, to find out how much they quote for removal of swirl marks from my hood.

Another BHPian inquired about sunfilms for his SUV from 3M, Viman Nagar. He got high prices from 3M compared to other shops.
S_U_N is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 15:48   #23
BHPian
 
AvinashV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 158
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Another BHPian inquired about sunfilms for his SUV from 3M, Viman Nagar. He got high prices from 3M compared to other shops.
So where would you suggest to get 3M films in Pune with good fitting, Sun?
AvinashV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 18:24   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,306
Thanked: 969 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
So where would you suggest to get 3M films in Pune with good fitting, Sun?
its done in all good accessories shops. its a no brainer. Bhandari, Bafna, Genuine and many more.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ngalore-6.html (3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore))

here is my linea done just after the opening of the 3M store in pune.

Meziar, the owner is a very good person technically strong and in paint industry since decades.

they are very professional and so the prices are bit high on some packages and some are very good VFM.
amit_mechengg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 11:03   #25
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default 3M Car Care Baner (Pune)

Hi All,

Recently I have been to 3M car care center at Baner-Pashan Link road (enquiry for my car waxing). I was very impressed about their setup and the packages they are providing. Managed to get a soft copy of their services. I am attaching here their brochures.

This weekend I will take my car (Both new and old) for Foam wash and waxing
and update this thread with photo (Before and after the treatment).

Benefit For TEAM-BHP member :-
-- As an introductory trial offer, some special privileges on all the treatments at the store.
-- Combo offer in which if someone is going for 3M window sun films, he would be getting a flat 10% discount on Paint Sealant(old or new) and under-body(Anti-corrosion) treatments.
-- Also if any guest gets a treatment of Rs 3500 done he will be getting a Voucher of Rs 250*.(*Conditions apply)

Contact Address :-

Tapas Kumar
3M Car Care ,
Shop no 2,Building Name ''IRIZ''
S.no:134/2/1/1,Baner Pashan Link Road,
Pune-411021,
Tel 020-25862828.
3mcarcarebaner@gmail.com


Note :- I am not connected to 3M Car Care in any way. This information is for members benefit only.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3MCarCare_baner.pdf (579.5 KB, 2279 views)
KALINGA is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 11:30   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,286
Thanked: 8,099 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Very useful, Kalinga. This place is really close to my place and am thinking of getting the interiors done. Has anyone with beige carpeting and leather seats got this done yet? Is it useful?
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 16:42   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,545
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care Baner (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hi All,

Recently I have been to 3M car care center at Baner-Pashan Link road (enquiry for my car waxing). I was very impressed about their setup and the packages they are providing. Managed to get a soft copy of their services. I am attaching here their brochures.

This weekend I will take my car (Both new and old) for Foam wash and waxing
and update this thread with photo (Before and after the treatment).

Benefit For TEAM-BHP member :-
-- As an introductory trial offer, some special privileges on all the treatments at the store.
-- Combo offer in which if someone is going for 3M window sun films, he would be getting a flat 10% discount on Paint Sealant(old or new) and under-body(Anti-corrosion) treatments.
-- Also if any guest gets a treatment of Rs 3500 done he will be getting a Voucher of Rs 250*.(*Conditions apply)

Contact Address :-

Tapas Kumar
3M Car Care ,
Shop no 2,Building Name ''IRIZ''
S.no:134/2/1/1,Baner Pashan Link Road,
Pune-411021,
Tel 020-25862828.
3mcarcarebaner@gmail.com


Note :- I am not connected to 3M Car Care in any way. This information is for members benefit only.
Thank you for sharing the info. Could you also share the pricing at this centre for the various services listed out in the pdf ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 21:43   #28
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 691
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care Baner (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Thank you for sharing the info. Could you also share the pricing at this centre for the various services listed out in the pdf ?
I can not remember the pricing info right now.
you can call/ mail Mr.Tapas for this information.
The phone numbers / email id, i have already mention in my previous post.

Last edited by KALINGA : 29th January 2012 at 21:44.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 23:49   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

Recently (few months ago) 3M showroom increased prices, foam wash now costs 440/- approx. (~50/- increase), not sure if other services prices are increased, this is @Viman Nagar.

Even though 3M is costly, but they know their job and do it professionally using quality product. Still would like to mention few things -

pressure wash : they say its twice the more pressure than any other water pressure wash center.

The qs. is what is the correct (or safe) water pressure to wash cars?

Using high pressure can affect the paint on car body also can have -ve effect while washing the under-body of the car (even though 3M @Viman Nagar doesn't have hydraulics).

Just in case if any of you is looking for the NXT Tech Wax 2.0, it is available @3M Viman Nagar, but the paste and not the liquid one (couple of weeks ago).
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 10:09   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,723
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default Re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune)

3M Baner guys have put up a stall in our office. They are offering 10-15% discounts to employees on various packages. Mr. Tapas is anchoring the stall.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Madhapur, Hyderabad) getsurya Other Cities 82 13th January 2017 12:45
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Andheri West) raj_5004 Mumbai 34 22nd January 2016 19:27
Professional Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (Ludhiana, Punjab) Biraj Other Cities 2 22nd November 2015 18:49
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai) raj_5004 Mumbai 75 1st September 2015 13:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks