Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities


View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 8 34.78%
Recommended 2 8.70%
NOT Recommended 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 22:58   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,035
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

@nakul0888
Even if I choose to not believe any word regarding vagune incident, still cannot override the fact that anyone installing a tuning box to a petrol non-turbo motor is taking you for a ride. Very poor professionalism. It simply shows that they can go to any length to make that quick buck.

Please keep your GT stock. You will enjoy the ownership experience better. Dont be tempted for better instrument cluster, infotainment systems, etc. The car is decently loaded in stock form. Dont mess around with any bits.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 10:24   #17
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,575 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Nakul

Congratulations on the Polo GT Tdi, hope you have a long trouble free onwership. Really sorry to hear about your experience with the Fabia. I have done a lot of mods on my Skoda Laura and Polo GT Tsi from Petes as well as Vagtune. What I have realised is that the service and professionalism at Petes is leagues ahead of Vagtune. Pete's will never sell you a product which they themselves wouldn't fit in their own car. So for all critical components I go to Petes.

With Vagtune, you need to really know what you want, do some research and get feedback from other owners who have done the same mods before going ahead. Even when he is installing something in my car, I check out the parts/part numbers and only install OEM parts.

Moreover, Sugesh is not a performance mod guy so his expertise in that area is poor. I would never get any performance mods from him like tuning box, suspension, brakes, exhaust etc. He even said to me once that the diesel and petrol instrument clusters are the same. But when I showed him the RPM markings and he had no answer.

I have had some issues with him but fortunately nothing major and he has been able to sort out everything to my liking. So overall it has been a good experience till date. The thing I like about him is that his software coding and electrical knowledge about VAG cars is by far the best I have seen.
robimahanta is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 14:17   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 1,006
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Hi,

Good to hear your happy with your Polo! Many more happy miles!

I'm also sorry to hear your issues with Vagtune. I do have a couple of thoughts:

1. If you were sure the racechip was not suitable for your car, what motivated you to install it? You must have been aware of the risks as well. The precautions on performance modifications have been highlighted by several team-bhp members.

2. When there's a short of the speaker leads anywhere between the terminals to the speaker or within the speaker itself, there can be a damage to the amplifier circuitry. The very reason why higher grade amplifiers have speaker short circuit protections in-built. Furthermore, soldering work carried out at any non-authorized service centers would void warranty. Its as good as tampering or cutting/splicing of wires. This has been repeatedly emphasized by several of our team-bhp senior members.

Regarding the racechip, I'm sure all is not lost for you. You may still approach Sukesh with your original purchase bills and I'm sure he can refund/compensate you, if you feel Vagtune caused the entire trouble. Just telling you out of good will.

I had done quite some major modifications (using genuine Skoda parts) in my Laura and till date I'm extremely proud of it! I'd even upgraded my ESP, auto-parking, paddle shifters etc. No issues so far.

Finally, hope you'd not fill petrol in your new diesel car. Take care and happy revving!
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 22:36   #19
BHPian
 
nakul0888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: kochi
Posts: 353
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post

1. If you were sure the racechip was not suitable for your car, what motivated you to install it? You must have been aware of the risks as well. The precautions on performance modifications have been highlighted by several team-bhp members.
Well the thing is, I wasn't sure whether the racechip was suitable for my car. I did argue with him that the TSI racechip couldn't be compatible with my HTP Fabia. But Sukesh being an "expert" and all guaranteed that the racechip would work fine and he told me that he had sold dozens of the exact same racechip to other HTP Fabia owners and none of them had any complaints.
He was adamant that the racechip would work and said that the car would not even start if it was incompatible and for some damned unfortunate reason it did start but it sure as hell didn't work.

You see it was Sukesh himself who convinced me to take the chip. He persistently assured me that nothing would go wrong and persuaded me to buy it. What a fool was I to believe all that!

The fact is this, Sukesh convinced me as an expert in performance modding and sold me a racechip of which he wasn't sure of himself. I being a 19 year old newbie who didn't have much "technical" knowledge about cars trusted him blindly and believed his words. I was very foolish of myself to do so. I should have stopped him from installling that chip. But that doesn't change the fact that Sukesh knowingly took advantage of me and my lack of experience and took me for a ride for an entire year and in doing so put my car in danger.

Also all the hopeless bullshit told to me by him each time I went there to get the car checked are all written in my Vagtune experience review. Have you gone through all of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post

2. When there's a short of the speaker leads anywhere between the terminals to the speaker or within the speaker itself, there can be a damage to the amplifier circuitry. The very reason why higher grade amplifiers have speaker short circuit protections in-built. Furthermore, soldering work carried out at any non-authorized service centers would void warranty. Its as good as tampering or cutting/splicing of wires. This has been repeatedly emphasized by several of our team-bhp senior members.
Yes I am willing to accept that it was me myself who ruined the infotainment system. I said so myself in my review. I never blamed Sukesh for that.

But what I cannot forgive Sukesh is for this.

When I took the car to him to get the touchscreen infotainment system checked, he said that all the cables of the car itself was cut and spliced and I cannot get the replacement Head unit (RCD 510) installed unless I get a new cable which connects the Head unit to the BCM box. He said this would not be available in any dealership and that I would have to source it from a totaled VW group car. Saying this he sent us on a 3 week wild goose chase.

But in fact none of it was necessary as when we took the car to Vision Skoda they were able to fix it in half an hour. The SA told me that all the wires of the car itself were perfectly intact and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and I can go ahead and install any Head unit I want. All the wires that were seen cut and spliced were that of the speakers and not of the car itself. All that was required was a little tidying up. That's all.
I didn't ask about this to him when I went back to get the RCD 510 as by that time I was pissed off and just wanted to grab the damn thing and get away from there.

Why did he do this? I am beginning to suspect that he very well knew that nothing was wrong with car and purposefully lied to us so that he can sent us away. Three weeks, for 3 weeks me and my brother searched and rang up totalled car shops because of him and all for nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post

Regarding the racechip, I'm sure all is not lost for you. You may still approach Sukesh with your original purchase bills and I'm sure he can refund/compensate you, if you feel Vagtune caused the entire trouble. Just telling you out of good will.
Oh there won't be any need for all of that. The RCD 510 itself was the replacement for the Racechip. Even this was without problems. After installing it, on the way home every time when the car went over even something as small as a pebble the whole damn thing rattled like a box full of nails. I was about to get this fixed when the decision was made to buy the Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Finally, hope you'd not fill petrol in your new diesel car. Take care and happy revving!
Ha ha thanks for your concerns bro. Yup I am extra careful at the pumps. I personally get out of the car and watch over the refueling every time now.


From what I have experienced all I want to say this bro. Vagtune is not without it's faults. As fellow BHPian Robi had told, one needs to be careful and know exactly what it is that they want before buying from Vagtune. Lots of research and opinions should also be considered before making the buying decision. The levels of competency and workmanship of Vagtune is nowhere near that of Pete's.

Lots of people here are surprised when they went through my thread. I don't know, maybe Sukesh is only willing to give higher level of attention to customers like you who regularly spent lakhs and lakhs at his shop instead of a guy like me who spent a mere Rs. 80,000. Anyways he sure as hell ain't no angel. I will tell you that much
nakul0888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 01:03   #20
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 682
Thanked: 985 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Normally I dont say anything in these threads, but in this case I'll choose to make an exception.

I've dealt with Vagtune from the day it started and have bought a lot of stuff from them. Sugesh is a genuinely hardworking guy and has always been very straight up in his responses regarding queries and is pretty knowledgeable about the parts he sells. A lot of my friends in delhi and mumbai also deal with him and have never had any issues like what your mentioning. The only issue we have ever had with Sugesh is that the shipments take time, and unfortunately it is due to the VAG supply chain(which i personally experienced again when ordering the WRC bumper, directly from VW) and not his own. He even overnight airfreighted my cluster due to the delay, no charge.

So when I came across this thread i was pretty shocked, as I've bought parts over 5 lacs from the guy and my friends have bought even more. Also none of us here have bought parts worth lacs from him at one go. My first order was a measly 10k just to see if he comes thru, followed by a 50k part order a month an a half later. Only then did i place the other orders that also in spaced out intervals. During my parts order, he was pretty clear about what will and what wont work for the car, and what will work, provided i order the additional adapters.

Since every story has two sides, I decided to give him a call and get his side of the story.

As per him, the RaceChip deal was way before he even officially launched vagtune. He mentioned that you approached him asking about the racechip, and he said he doesnt deal in it, and as far as he knows the race chip doesnt exist for the 1.2MPI, but you insisted it exists. I tend to believe him here as when I approached him during my intital dealings with him, he clearly mentioned that he cant get remaps or tuningboxes yet and I will have to wait for him to do his official tie ups.

Also as per him, you then sent him a link for the racechip part and asked him to order the part from the link for you using his CC and since he had a supply chain setup in the works with DHL, you had asked him to use his supply chain to order the part and then help install it when it gets here. So I am a bit lost as to how ur blaming him for helping you out install something that you researched and were convinced was meant for your car. It seems that there is a conflict in the versions you both are putting out here.

Also the thing with the your radio, from what he mentioned that he didnt have the CAN adapter in stock and offered to add it to his next shipment which was coming in 3 weeks time, however you were insistent on getting the thing installed and he finally agreed to install it when you kept insiting that you will source your own adapter. So again, you sourced your own parts(from unknown sources), and blaming the installer is a little lame. As for the Unit shorting out, i've had the same happen due to bad wiring a few times, and yes, if ur speakers short, the unit shorts as well, and shorty unit = no warranty, same as remap cars = no warranty.

So for all reading this thread, both sides of the story has been laid out for all reading this. Your wish what you choose to believe.

I've nothing against you or for Vagtune in this case. I just don't like someone who's genuinely trying to help out the scene by providing some rare parts getting beaten up like this.

Last edited by prithwi-81 : 18th April 2014 at 01:10.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 07:55   #21
BHPian
 
nakul0888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: kochi
Posts: 353
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post

Since every story has two sides, I decided to give him a call and get his side of the story.

As per him, the RaceChip deal was way before he even officially launched vagtune. He mentioned that you approached him asking about the racechip, and he said he doesnt deal in it, and as far as he knows the race chip doesnt exist for the 1.2MPI, but you insisted it exists. I tend to believe him here as when I approached him during my intital dealings with him, he clearly mentioned that he cant get remaps or tuningboxes yet and I will have to wait for him to do his official tie ups.

Also as per him, you then sent him a link for the racechip part and asked him to order the part from the link for you using his CC and since he had a supply chain setup in the works with DHL, you had asked him to use his supply chain to order the part and then help install it when it gets here. So I am a bit lost as to how ur blaming him for helping you out install something that you researched and were convinced was meant for your car. It seems that there is a conflict in the versions you both are putting out here.
Well of course Sukesh would say that it wasn't his fault. Seriously, What did you expect? That he will own up to all his mistakes and tell everyone that he is sorry. He is a businessman after all.

Look I don't know what Sukesh spoke to you over the phone. The facts are these.
  • After I took delivery of my car, I went to Vagtune to see what all mods can be done.
  • I want you to know that at that time Sukesh had already started/launched Vagtune and had a shop at edappally, Kochi. Maybe it was his online store that he hadn't launched at athat time.
  • I didn't know anything about Racechip and neither have I researched it anywhere before going to Vagtune.
  • When I went to Vagtune, all I did was ask him whether he could do something to improve the performance of my car.
  • It was Sukesh himself who recommended the racechip. When I asked he plainly told me that the tuning box for my car is available and that he had sold dozens of racechip to other petrol fabia owners.
  • He never ever told me that he didn't deal in racechips. What you heard my friend was a lie of epic proportions. At that time he was getting racechip installed on everything from a swift to superb.
  • I didn't insist Sukesh that Racechip existed for my car. It was he who said that he can source and install a tuning box for my 1.2 htp Fabia.
  • All that time I thought the tuning box for 1.2 htp fabia did exist because he (Sukesh) told me so.
  • It was only because of his assurance and his very convincing words that I agreed to buy the racechip. Not the otherway around. What can I say, Mr. Sukesh is an excellent salesman. I will give him that much.
  • It was only on that fateful night that I came to know that Sukesh had in fact ordered the racechip for TSI motor.
  • The fact is he failed to differentiate between the 1.2 htp and 1.2 tsi and simply ordered a tuning box for a 1.2 litre Fabia.
  • Instead of acknowledging this mistake he recklessly went ahead with the deal.
  • And when I told him that he brought the wrong chip, he assuming the role of the expert abused his position and gave me 100% assurance for the Racechip.
  • This was the only reason I let him install it in my car.
  • Finally, do you think I am that mad to have spent 6 lakhs on a hatchback and that too a Skoda, and then proceed to install a tuning box for which I had done prior research and very well know that it wouldn't work on my car? Of course not. I wouldn't have got it installed if it wasn't for Sukesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Also the thing with the your radio, from what he mentioned that he didnt have the CAN adapter in stock and offered to add it to his next shipment which was coming in 3 weeks time, however you were insistent on getting the thing installed and he finally agreed to install it when you kept insiting that you will source your own adapter. So again, you sourced your own parts(from unknown sources), and blaming the installer is a little lame. As for the Unit shorting out, i've had the same happen due to bad wiring a few times, and yes, if ur speakers short, the unit shorts as well, and shorty unit = no warranty, same as remap cars = no warranty.
Well as for the case of the radio, it goes like this.
  • He didn't say anything about any CAN adapter.
  • What he said was that he could not get the replacement unit (RCD 510) installed as all my car's wires were cut and spliced up. That was all that he said to me.
  • He said that the cables which connect the head unit to the BCM box needed to be replaced have to be sourced from a wrecked VW group car.
  • I searched everywhere from Kochi to Thrissur.
  • I did not find or source any part from anywhere.
  • Finally being fed up with all of this I took my car to Vision Skoda
  • They were able to fix it in a jiffy. The SA told me that all the car's cables were perfectly intact and there is nothing that needed to be done. All that was needed was a little tidying up.
  • Vision Skoda didn't charge me even a dime.
  • So what I am asking is this; Why did he do this? Wasn't he an expert? Clearly he should have known that there was nothing wrong with my car.
  • He did not tell me anything about a CAN adapter. And I did not source anything from outside.
  • If you want to know what lame really is you should go through my post on vagtune and read the bold and italic quotes that he personally told me. Now that is lame.
Ok now, let's say that you don't believe a single word of anything that I have written here. What I want to ask you, the readers, is this.

Sukesh knew that the racechip was not compatible with my car and in fact can cause quite a lot of harm to it. But he still agreed to buy it and get it installed in my car without any fuss. Don't you all think it is against the ethics of a tuner to do this.?

So that means if tomorrow I brought a Tata Nano and went to Vagtune with it, he would happily sell me a racechip for that too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
So for all reading this thread, both sides of the story has been laid out for all reading this. Your wish what you choose to believe.
That is exactly what I too have to say to all.

My ordeal with Vagtune is over. I moved on and brought another car.

This is a forum where car lovers can share their experiences online with the rest of the world and I have done just that. Readers can choose to believe me or not believe me. I could not be bothered by that at all. After all it is your car, and your cash. It is up to you to decide what to do with it. No one is stopping you. Maybe Sukesh had learned from his mistakes and is infinitely better now. I don't know.



Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
I've nothing against you or for Vagtune in this case. I just don't like someone who's genuinely trying to help out the scene by providing some rare parts getting beaten up like this.
No offense taken. I am happy for you that you had a pleasant experience with Vagtune. I wish you happy motoring.


P.S. If I had the talent to make all of this up, I wouldn't be pursuing CA now and would have given Chetan Bhagat a serious run for his money.
nakul0888 is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 11:33   #22
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,575 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
We went with the car to get it installed. When Mr Sukesh did come with the Race chip late into the night ( It was with the customs along with other items) and opened the packaging of my chip it came to my attention that the Race chip was not for the 1.2 htp but for the 1.2 TSI.

I immediately bought this to his attention. I told him that my car had a 3 pot and not a turbo four cylinder. He reassured me that he had ordered the correct chip and he specifically told me and I quote "the Fabia 1.2 htp is actually known as the Fabia TSI outside India and that both are exactly the same car".

I knew this wasn't true and I argued with him about this but he wouldn't have any of it.....




Guys I have no idea till this date if this is true or not. Does a HU get short circuited because the rear speaker wires are soldered to the connection port?

I don't know what transpired between you and Vagtune but I feel you should have been more careful with the Racechip tuning box at least when you knew it wasn't meant for your car. Especially considering the detrimental effects it can have on your engine in the long run.

Secondly, direct soldering of speakers to CANBUS based music system is always risky. It is recommended to use the adapter. Even in a non CANBUS system if you are soldering wires(ideally crimping is faster and easier) you should use heat-shrink tubing and a heat gun to insulate the soldered connection. Tapping the wires together (most commonly done in India) the tape will dry out and fall off, exposing the wires and making it only a matter of time before something shorts out.

Vagtune has launched their global website. VAGTUNE.COM, the pricing is in USD and some of the stuff sold is much cheaper than in the indian site VAGTUNE.IN. For example, the basic RCD510 music system was around 20000INR but in USD its hardly 100USD.

http://vagtune.com/index.php/volkswa...035190b-detail

The catch, there is no installation support for the stuff ordered from the global site. Unless of course you are located somewhere in south India. The items will be shipped directly to you and customs is buyers responsibility. Although to make things easier, DHL is going to ship it as a gift and customs is usually not bothered for low value items.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st April 2014 at 10:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 01:20   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 1,006
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Well the thing is, I wasn't sure whether the racechip was suitable for my car. I did argue with him that the TSI racechip couldn't be compatible with my HTP Fabia. But Sukesh being an "expert" and all guaranteed that the racechip would work fine and he told me that he had sold dozens of the exact same racechip to other HTP Fabia owners and none of them had any complaints.
He was adamant that the racechip would work and said that the car would not even start if it was incompatible and for some damned unfortunate reason it did start but it sure as hell didn't work.

You see it was Sukesh himself who convinced me to take the chip. He persistently assured me that nothing would go wrong and persuaded me to buy it. What a fool was I to believe all that!

The fact is this, Sukesh convinced me as an expert in performance modding and sold me a racechip of which he wasn't sure of himself. I being a 19 year old newbie who didn't have much "technical" knowledge about cars trusted him blindly and believed his words. I was very foolish of myself to do so. I should have stopped him from installling that chip. But that doesn't change the fact that Sukesh knowingly took advantage of me and my lack of experience and took me for a ride for an entire year and in doing so put my car in danger.

Also all the hopeless bullshit told to me by him each time I went there to get the car checked are all written in my Vagtune experience review. Have you gone through all of it?
Which is why I'm asking you to proceed to Vagtune with the original purchase receipt (from Vagtune). I'm sure Sukesh will compensate for genuine cases. I've been working with him for the past two years and never had issues.

The compatibility of the racechip and the vehicles are usually indicated on the packaging/manual. This is self explanatory and pretty straightforward, are you saying you did not take the time to even read the product description before plunging into purchase and installation? That was a catastrophic thing to do! From the postings from several team-bhp senior members, one can tell the manufacturers of racechip are renowned, hence whatever is mentioned on the packaging/manuals are true and there would be no need to listen to anyone's argument.

In any case, once you'd installed the incompatible racechip, did the car run as expected or did it show some issues? If the latter were true, why was Vagtune not intimated and corrective measures requested? From what I realize from your post, this happened quite sometime back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Yes I am willing to accept that it was me myself who ruined the infotainment system. I said so myself in my review. I never blamed Sukesh for that.

But what I cannot forgive Sukesh is for this.

When I took the car to him to get the touchscreen infotainment system checked, he said that all the cables of the car itself was cut and spliced and I cannot get the replacement Head unit (RCD 510) installed unless I get a new cable which connects the Head unit to the BCM box. He said this would not be available in any dealership and that I would have to source it from a totaled VW group car. Saying this he sent us on a 3 week wild goose chase.

But in fact none of it was necessary as when we took the car to Vision Skoda they were able to fix it in half an hour. The SA told me that all the wires of the car itself were perfectly intact and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and I can go ahead and install any Head unit I want. All the wires that were seen cut and spliced were that of the speakers and not of the car itself. All that was required was a little tidying up. That's all.
I didn't ask about this to him when I went back to get the RCD 510 as by that time I was pissed off and just wanted to grab the damn thing and get away from there.

Why did he do this? I am beginning to suspect that he very well knew that nothing was wrong with car and purposefully lied to us so that he can sent us away. Three weeks, for 3 weeks me and my brother searched and rang up totalled car shops because of him and all for nothing.
Who installed the HU, was it Vagtune? If yes, why did you not request them not to cut/splice the wires? I've never seen Vagtune perform any installation in such a manner! When Sukesh told you the wires were cut/spliced, I'm sure he must have removed the HU to tell you this, did you not cross-check?

I'm surprised that the Skoda SA told you to proceed with 'any' HU installation - they would never recommend that unless its a genuine Skoda accessory. You are now mentioning about a touchscreen checkup from Sukesh whereas previously you'd mentioned about some speaker leads getting short and the HU malfunction. What exactly was wrong with the HU? In any case, if the HU was tampered by some third-party service center (which is confirmed from your previous posts), no dealer would honor the warranty.




Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Oh there won't be any need for all of that. The RCD 510 itself was the replacement for the Racechip. Even this was without problems. After installing it, on the way home every time when the car went over even something as small as a pebble the whole damn thing rattled like a box full of nails. I was about to get this fixed when the decision was made to buy the Polo.
If I were you, I would have gone to Sukesh and had it fixed, right away! This leaves me wondering as to why you did not make a list of installation/product(sold by Sukesh) faults and approached him gently.



Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Ha ha thanks for your concerns bro. Yup I am extra careful at the pumps. I personally get out of the car and watch over the refueling every time now.


From what I have experienced all I want to say this bro. Vagtune is not without it's faults. As fellow BHPian Robi had told, one needs to be careful and know exactly what it is that they want before buying from Vagtune. Lots of research and opinions should also be considered before making the buying decision. The levels of competency and workmanship of Vagtune is nowhere near that of Pete's.

Lots of people here are surprised when they went through my thread. I don't know, maybe Sukesh is only willing to give higher level of attention to customers like you who regularly spent lakhs and lakhs at his shop instead of a guy like me who spent a mere Rs. 80,000. Anyways he sure as hell ain't no angel. I will tell you that much
You should definitely do your home work before making any purchase so that your investment is well protected. I personally feel its quite unfair to compare Vagtune with Pete's or even drag 'Pete's' into this discussion. Have you availed any services from Pete's to support this statement? That seems discussed nowhere.

I had purchased both for large and small from Vagtune but got equal treatment. Even now, whenever I'm at Ernakulam, I visit Vagtune and Sukesh does ask me if everything is okay and even does complimentary scans and checks.

I still suggest you to talk to Sukesh and have it resolved. I'm really puzzled after reading through your posts; you started with some issues and as the thread deepens, I am sensing deviations.

Finally, after reading through the entire thread, I also decided to call Sukesh and hear his side of the story. This is what I got to know from him:

1. He confirms he did not sell you the product (race chip).
2. You had ordered this product yourself but using his credit card and computer.
3. He's not issued you any purchase receipt for this item.

So how is Vagtune/Sukesh being held accountable?

If you still feel this is on the contrary, please do post a copy of the proof of purchase of the race chip, confirming Vagtune sold it to you. This would enable us (team-bhp-ians) know the truth.

Last edited by nitinbose : 19th April 2014 at 01:38.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 15:41   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,248
Thanked: 340 Times
Default Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Vagtune has launched their global website. VAGTUNE.COM, the pricing is in USD and some of the stuff sold is much cheaper than in the indian site VAGTUNE.IN. For example, the basic RCD510 music system was around 20000INR but in USD its hardly 100USD.

http://vagtune.com/index.php/volkswa...035190b-detail

The catch, there is no installation support for the stuff ordered from the global site. Unless of course you are located somewhere in south India. The items will be shipped directly to you and customs is buyers responsibility. Although to make things easier, DHL is going to ship it as a gift and customs is usually not bothered for low value items.
I am assuming products sold on the U.S. site are cheaper as they exclude international shipping charges and customs. After putting these charges together, I am sure they would cost the same price as mentioned on the Indian website.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 00:18   #25
BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore / Coc
Posts: 760
Thanked: 1,350 Times
Default Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

Interesting to hear two sides to the same story.

Nakul - Can you share the bill details for your purchases from Vagtune? Do you have photos from the installations (always a good practice to have this for later reference)?

Nitinbose / prithwi-81 - I find it odd that Sukesh would not sell a product to someone but would let him use his credit card and computer to order. Even if he did it as a good will measure, I assume Sukesh should have known that the racechip wasnt meant for the Fabia HTP and should not have installed it for him in the first place. Can either of you ask Sukesh to provide a screenshot of the emails sent to him because right now it is a case of one persons word against the other?

For now, let us request both sides to provide further evidence before passing a guilty verdict on either side.

Guys, lets keep in mind that not everyone on this forum is as knowledgeable on automobile related things as others are. Most of us do our share of research but tend to go with what the experts advice us because they have been in the field longer and deal with it on a daily basis in the real world. For people outside of our forums, the experts advice is often the gospel truth. This holds true for non-automobile related areas as well. Everyone cannot research everything all the time.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 22:16   #26
BHPian
 
nakul0888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: kochi
Posts: 353
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

For all those who still have doubts about the race chip transaction, I have uploaded screenshots of my email conversations between me and Vagtune. (A copy of the same have been sent to GTO, Vidyut)
Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-mail-1.png

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-mail-2.png

PS:

@ PRITHVI-81 & NITIN BOSE; regarding your respective queries highlighted below:

"As per him, the RaceChip deal was way before he even officially launched vagtune. He mentioned that you approached him asking about the racechip, and he said he doesnt deal in it, and as far as he knows the race chip doesnt exist for the 1.2MPI, but you insisted it exists. I tend to believe him here as when I approached him during my intital dealings with him, he clearly mentioned that he cant get remaps or tuningboxes yet and I will have to wait for him to do his official tie ups."

_____________________________

"Finally, after reading through the entire thread, I also decided to call Sukesh and hear his side of the story. This is what I got to know from him:

1. He confirms he did not sell you the product (race chip).
2. You had ordered this product yourself but using his credit card and computer.
3. He's not issued you any purchase receipt for this item.

So how is Vagtune/Sukesh being held accountable?"



As for all your above doubts, I think the email conversations are self-explanatory as to the position of both parties in the deal. It is evident from the attached email conversations that I didn't take any actions on my own nor did I agree to anything without Vagtunes assurance. I certainly HAVEN'T used anybodies credit card or computer system either.

My Final Stance Regarding this Issue:
  • Its seems that the confusion was caused by racechip technical staff in Germany.
  • Apparently, they gave false information to Vagtune that a suitable tuning box was available for my car.
  • As a result Vagtune ordered the racechip for my car. But the chip that arrived here was for Fabia TSI.
  • Believing the false information that he received from the racechip co. earlier, Vagtune ASSURED us as to the safety and reliability of the chip albeit the repeated check engine light warnings.
Lastly, as far as I know, I have spoken with Sukesh and have cleared all the confusions and I don't hold anything against him in spite of what happened.


Note to administrator : Please move this post in the Vagtune thread in the "Directory Section"

Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ne-cochin.html (Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin))
nakul0888 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:42   #27
BHPian
 
nakul0888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: kochi
Posts: 353
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI - My second chance

Got a solid confirmation from Vagtune regarding the content and facts contained in my email to Team BHP moderators.

He has acknowledged and confirmed the email that I have sent to him and he assured me that he do not have any further issues regarding the matter.

Here is the attachment.

Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)-confirmation.png

I do not have anything more to say on this matter.

Note to administrator: Please move this post to the Vagtune thread in "Team BHP Directory".

Here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ne-cochin.html (Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin))
nakul0888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:42   #28
BHPian
 
rnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

If the above mails are true, it mounts upto vagtune acknowledging that the mishap was caused due to Racechip. So in which case, who should be held responsible? Vagtune being the one who communicated with racechip cannot wash his hands off saying that its their fault!!!
rnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:37   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,791
Thanked: 3,033 Times
Default Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

The chip company sent the wrong chip. Such things happen with company dispatches. But if the company sends the wrong chip, you send it back, instead of installing it!

I cannot believe that someone who specializes in VAG cars and whose area of specialisation is electronics and coding, does not know that a chip meant for the 1.2 TSI will not work on the 1.2 HTP! Except that both are 1.2L and both run on petrol, nothing is similar in the two engines.
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:53   #30
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)

I agree with the above posts too. VAGTune is out there claiming to specialise in modifications and has offered the customer a product without having the basic knowledge about its compatibility. Speaks volumes about there competence. More saddening is the way they dealt with the customer when he showed them the recurring problem in the car. any experienced installer should have figured out there is something wrong and would have acted accordingly.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cochin-Goa-Mumbai-Bangalore-Cochin sudheermenon Route / Travel Queries 16 6th October 2016 13:28
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
Bangalore - Cochin - Thekkady - Alleppy - Cochin - Bangalore SBR Travelogues 18 19th August 2009 20:35
Car Modifications for more power kakx Modifications & Accessories 23 26th June 2004 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks