Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Old 29th November 2014, 11:47   #1
BHPian

Default Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta

Friends,
Recently read about "Clean N Shine Fully Automated Car Washing and Detailing Service" in Calcutta. They claim that they are the first to use the automated machine car washing facility in Calcutta. Read about them in some other automotive forum today. I have taken one of these pictures from the other thread and it is not mine.
Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-.jpg

Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-b.jpg

Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-20140729_112841.jpg

Went to have a look myself. Wish to share my experience for the other members to try and share their opinions. I like to add that it was my first and only visit to that place and I was no way associated with them.

Services offered:-
Automated machine car washing. Also cleaning and car detailing facilities.

What I liked about this place:-
The staffs were trained and courteous. Though a regular wash took me less than 25 minutes, I was standing close watching these guys and liked their job. The machine also cleaned the bottom and the tyres thoroughly.

The owner seemed to be an honest person. Uses branded products for his services only. Does not make false claims.

Large workplace, clean and airy, with adequate parking facility, even for tho jam-packed weekends.

Adequate seating arrangements for the car owners.

A supervisor personally inspects the quality of work done before the delivery of the car back to the customer.

What I did not like about them:-
Prices seem to be slightly on the higher side.

May be slightly difficult to locate this place.

Contact Information:-

Here is their facebook page:-
https://www.facebook.com/cleannshine.net/timeline

And here is the Google+ link:-
https://plus.google.com/108688556147...y=CL2N3Zzt_ohG

Contact Information:-
Name of the contact person:- Mr. Vinod.
Phone numbers:- (033) 6565 0505.
Address:- 120A, Maniktollah Main Road; Calcutta-700 054.
Helpful landmarks / directions:- Located east of Maniktollah post office at a place called Lohapatti.
Google Map:-
Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-untitled.jpg

Last edited by rahul4640 : 5th December 2014 at 20:04.
rahul4640 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2014, 10:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 13:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Friends,
Recently read about "Clean N Shine Fully Automated Car Washing and Detailing Service" in Calcutta. They claim that they are the first to use the automated machine car washing facility in Calcutta. Read about them in some other automotive forum today. "

Thanx Rahul Da,

I had been to the place 5 times, for my, Innova, Manza, Swift, Indica and Ertiga, and all were satisfactorily washed and cleaned. The only grouse was the steep price, specially for the bigger cars.

Also for a small token fee, they told me, they can change the oil and filter (change only); which i found very convenient and patronizing (as the same is charged Rs. 300/- by my neighbourhood mistri).

One thing noticed, was, that they will only open the engine cover if asked by the client, otherwise, that area remains dirty during, air-wash / water jet wash; in the engine compartment. I am not aware, what other washers do.

I have not availed of any other services, as i could not afford them. Overall, very satisfied with the service and the operation. 5 stars to them.

Regards

Last edited by aah78 : 5th July 2016 at 22:03. Reason: Quote fixed.
dr. sen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 13:43   #4
BHPian

Well i am always skeptical of these automated washers. They can be a detailer's nightmare. The facility seem to be using the older brush technology instead of cloth which can cause scratches and swirl marks on paint. You can find more on the article below:

http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/th...-your-vehicle/

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/30/a...car-wash-tips/

Well detailing do cost a ton , but you can use cheaper alternatives like a foam lance wash right at your home. Check out The Motor Spa

https://www.facebook.com/themotorspa/?fref=ts

Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-1.jpg

Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-2.jpg

Clean N Shine Automatic Car Wash - Calcutta-3.jpg

Their prices are pretty reasonable however you need to book a day in advance. Will post a review once i use their services.

Meanwhile Joseph of Premium Auto Detailing is offering pocket friendly detailing options using 3M for those in a budget. Do give it a try.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...g-kolkata.html (Premium Auto Detailing (Kolkata))
Samfromindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 12:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see this facility already listed here. I had been there when I passed Calcutta on my way to Puri in March.
They did a nice job on the Storme. It had a lot of bugs stuck to it and it was cleaned up thoroughly including vacuuming and polishing.
We behaved like kids there and sat in the car while it was in the automatic wash. Super fun!
Met the owner and his son and they were pretty informed and passionate about their work.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote