Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Old 15th September 2017, 20:47   #1
BHPian

Default Tyres, alignment & balancing - East India Tyre Company (Kolkata)

Work handled:
They are an authorized dealer of JK Tyre steel wheels but they deal with most other brand tyres too. They also have another branch at Bhawanipore. The following tyre services are offered:
  • Complete range of tyres
  • Tyre inspection
  • 3D wheel alignment
  • Computerized wheel balancing
  • Tyre rotation
  • Automatic tyre changing
  • Nitrogen inflator
  • Digital air inflator

What I like:
  • Prompt work without unnecessary delay. The workers are in uniforms and very efficient.
  • Easily accessible location.
  • Neat and tidy.

What I don't like:

Nothing to dislike really.

Pricing:

Reasonable.

What I have used their services for:

Recently I noticed that my car was wobbling a lot from side to side. So I decided to get the wheel alignment and balancing done. I came to know about this new tyre store in town via a leaflet campaign by the store a month ago.

Today morning I drove to their store and I was pleased to see it located right on the Rashbehari Connector - will be on your left hand if you are driving towards Gariahat.

Although it has been conclusively proved that nitrogen has little practical use in everyday cars, I still went for this fad assuming that the digital gauge used by the store is more accurate. Each tyre was made fully empty and then filled with pure nitrogen. Next the wheels were balanced. A total weight of 180 gm was added to balance them. Finally the wheel alignment was done.

The entire operation took less than one hour. During this time other cars were serviced too. Clearly they have a good number of hands.

Break up of bill:
  1. Nitrogen filling @ ₹50 / tyre = ₹250
  2. Wheel balancing @ ₹50 / tyre = ₹250
  3. Weights @ ₹1.50 / gm = ₹270
  4. Wheel alignment ₹250

The total bill read ₹1020. The ₹20 was waived off. It was a card payment.

Post-procedure, the wobbling is gone. Also the jerks felt on the ill designed gaps of some flyovers feel more even now.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact store: East India Tyre Co.
- Phone numbers: 93310 12618 / 033 4071 8098
- Postal Address: 63/C, R. K. Chatterjee Road, Bakultala, Kolkata - 700042
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Near Dolna Day School / Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Email: eastindiatyreco@gmail.com
- GPS coordinates: 22.5187528, 88.3788581
- Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/oLbFXQ7XqtA2

Photographs coming soon.

Last edited by wishnipon : 15th September 2017 at 20:59.
wishnipon is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote