Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:02   #451
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 228
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Oh. So Shell has increased the Petrol prices also now? I thought earlier they were advertising the prices which were almost equal to the PSU bunks. I might be wrong here as don't track Petrol prices regularly, being a diesel head.

Avoid that HP pump before Shell. Not at all reliable as has been reported by other folks in this thread.
I have been filling up petrol in the HP pump opposite Fortune for last 1.5 years. Never had any issue with quantity, quality. My i20 gives everytime the same mileage about 18kmpl on highway and 16kmpl in city.
I always get out of car and stand in front of the meter and never look here and there even though the attendants try to distract me.

One more reason of me choosing HPpump is because I got an HP ICICI credit card on which the 2% commission charges are refunded.
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:07   #452
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 1,166 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@ninja: How do you maintain this spreadsheet with such a lot of detail?
Do you key in details at the bunk itself?

I have doubts about the IOC pump on Nagar Road (between Wagholi and Kharadi).
The rates are low (around Rs. 68.7) but my Zen started stopping a lot after filling it up last month.
Just started recently. Those three records are the first ones in the sheet. Got this idea from a gentleman on this forum who mentioned it in one of the threads. Plan to keep tabs on all costs related to the car into it. Can be quite insightful at times.

And no, the updations are done later at office. Except for the kms reading, most of the other details I retrieve from my credit card transactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Only the KM reading would have to be noted while at the bunk. Rest of the details are anyway available if you take the receipt after filling at the pump. Then it comes down to how religiously you put that in the excel.
Eggactly
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:44   #453
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Swanand , Noop , Since the two of you are frequent at this Pump , please check of what is being said about the BP pump and share the updates with us .
Since the BP bunk in Ph2 has been operational, I've (more or less) been tanking up there.
While there has been no "significant" rise in FE, I have no complaints on the quality of fuel being supplied.

There has never been a cheating incident with me. I've always been told to check for zero. He takes money/card only after filling the required quantity, and no one comes in between asking if I need a PUC/Scratch remover et al.

Oh, also, the diesel is lesser by more than a buck, being outside octroi limits! .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:02   #454
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Oh, also, the diesel is lesser by more than a buck, being outside octroi limits! .
In fact it is even cheaper than the BP Pump on the expressway. The difference is of Rs.0.02

BP Xpressway Pump price is Rs.44.21 and at the one in Hinjewadi it is Rs.44.19. I wonder why this difference?
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 01:18   #455
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Normally I fill gas only from the RTO BP bunk or Shell (when possible/feasable). However, there are times when I'm forced to fill smaller quantities elsewhere, when really required.

Several days ago, I filled just a litre or two of non-premium petrol in my bike at the HP bunk on Karve Road. After some time, for the first time ever, bike started to splutter and even starting became an issue. For couple days I wondered if something is wrong with my bike, but then it stuck me that it might be the petrol. I did not suspect it immediately as I have filled up at that bunk several times earlier, when fuel levels were critical. Then I diluted it with 3 - 4 litres from Shell, and the bike definitely seems to be behaving better. Guess I should dilute it further to check.

A very shocking and surprising experience for me because I'v filled small amounts from that bunk before but never noticed much change in vehicle's behavior! Don't recall comparing fuel inefficiency though. Is that bunk going bad?

Anybody here using that bunk experienced anything similar?

Shell on Poona-Satara bypass gave me another shock when I had to shell out Rs. 70/litre when I went there 1st time for diluting the above HP petrol. My hapiness at seeing a Shell there bunk there was short lived. Guess I should I should stick to the RTO bunk though its often way out of the way for me. Or maybe I should try HP Autolines as many here are suggesting.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 10:43   #456
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

@Racoon: Why were you shocked to see Shell at Rs. 70/ lit? Is it too low?
Normal petrol in city is Rs. 70.91/70.92 within Octroi limits.
Normal petrol outside Octroi limits is Rs. 68.80 (approx) outside Octroi limits.

I do not know about Shell pricing (normal petrol), but I assume it should be about Rs. 74.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 15:40   #457
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Sorry, my bad. I found that out online after I made the above post. Thing is I seldom check the unit rate when filling at PSUs where I have to fill up 90% of the times. And even when I do, I seldom remember the figures...

But I have the receipt right now and the unit price for ordinary unleaded is mentioned as Rs. 70 only!

Well, that means I'll mostly tank up at Shell only. Now the only gripe is to have to carry cash. With BP + HDFC card, I don't have to do that.

Last edited by Raccoon : 7th March 2012 at 15:43.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 22:29   #458
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 378 Times
Default

I have used HDFC and ICICI credit cards at BP, HP and IOC bunks in various cities. Surcharge was always reversed.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 14:02   #459
BHPian
 
arrowaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 139
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Hey any Updates on the pumps in the Pimpri-Chinchwad-Nigdi-Pimple Saudagar Area???

I always keep a pen and a set of 3M post it Notes in my car.

So the moment I fill up the fuel i first note the odo reading when Im AT the pump. Then I drive to a nearby place where I can pull over to the side and immediately write the details (date, odo reading, litres filled, Amount and pump name). After reaching home all these details are fed into my Excel Sheet.
arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 14:28   #460
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,392
Thanked: 1,488 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

I recently filed Diesel at Shell bunk in Hinjewadi. I just gave it a try even though it was 62rs per litre that is whooping 14-15rs more than other pumps.

To my shock my car started running very sluggish and unrefined. I refilled with HP diesel at the Autolines FC road pump and my car is back to normal.

I clearly suspect adulteration as no one fills at shell pumps these days. To make profits the owner must be going the adulteration route.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 15:41   #461
BHPian
 
mm403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 156
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Hey any Updates on the pumps in the Pimpri-Chinchwad-Nigdi-Pimple Saudagar Area???

I always keep a pen and a set of 3M post it Notes in my car.

So the moment I fill up the fuel i first note the odo reading when Im AT the pump. Then I drive to a nearby place where I can pull over to the side and immediately write the details (date, odo reading, litres filled, Amount and pump name). After reaching home all these details are fed into my Excel Sheet.
Arrowaby, follow the same technique. Infact, I ask for the bill and just put the odo reading on it. This helps me to track the fuel consumption. In the excel which I use have created some graphs to show how petrol prices have increased and how much FE, I am getting
mm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 15:57   #462
BHPian
 
arrowaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 139
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Arrowaby, follow the same technique. Infact, I ask for the bill and just put the odo reading on it. This helps me to track the fuel consumption. In the excel which I use have created some graphs to show how petrol prices have increased and how much FE, I am getting
can You Please share your excel sheet. The one that i use gives me discrepancies because of split fillings.
arrowaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 15:59   #463
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Normally I fill gas only from the RTO BP bunk or Shell (when possible/feasable). However, there are times when I'm forced to fill smaller quantities elsewhere, when really required.

Several days ago, I filled just a litre or two of non-premium petrol in my bike at the HP bunk on Karve Road. After some time, for the first time ever, bike started to splutter and even starting became an issue. For couple days I wondered if something is wrong with my bike, but then it stuck me that it might be the petrol. I did not suspect it immediately as I have filled up at that bunk several times earlier, when fuel levels were critical. Then I diluted it with 3 - 4 litres from Shell, and the bike definitely seems to be behaving better. Guess I should dilute it further to check.

A very shocking and surprising experience for me because I'v filled small amounts from that bunk before but never noticed much change in vehicle's behavior! Don't recall comparing fuel inefficiency though. Is that bunk going bad?

Anybody here using that bunk experienced anything similar?
By now the petrol from HP has been diluted 2 - 3 times with Shell petrol. No question about it - bike is behaving better. Staring and idling much easier. However its definitely not like before... the effect has not totally worn off. Really wonder what was in that petrol!!

Please be careful when filling at that bunk guys. And keep a very close watch on any change in engine behavior. Thats something difficult to detect in a car... in a bike its so much easier to perceive such variations...

Last edited by Raccoon : 20th March 2012 at 16:01.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 18:00   #464
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,649
Thanked: 9,163 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I recently filed Diesel at Shell bunk in Hinjewadi. I just gave it a try even though it was 62rs per litre that is whooping 14-15rs more than other pumps.

To my shock my car started running very sluggish and unrefined. I refilled with HP diesel at the Autolines FC road pump and my car is back to normal.

I clearly suspect adulteration as no one fills at shell pumps these days. To make profits the owner must be going the adulteration route.
That's the first negative report I've heard on the HJW Shell outlet. Admittedly mostly petrol car users tank up there but that doesn't mean diesel owners should get a raw deal especially since they charge a huge premium over market price for that.

Why don't you complain to the manager at that outlet? From my experience Shell staff are trained really well and if you can provide specifics like date and time of filling, which pump was used etc. they may be able to trace the issue and rectify it.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 18:09   #465
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,392
Thanked: 1,488 Times
Default Re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
That's the first negative report I've heard on the HJW Shell outlet. Admittedly mostly petrol car users tank up there but that doesn't mean diesel owners should get a raw deal especially since they charge a huge premium over market price for that.

Why don't you complain to the manager at that outlet? From my experience Shell staff are trained really well and if you can provide specifics like date and time of filling, which pump was used etc. they may be able to trace the issue and rectify it.
Yeah i have been filling petrol since ages on this pump. Never faced any issue. I have also filled diesel couple of times.

This fill was after a long span and i was disappointed. Will try speaking to the manager once.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore v1p3r Bangalore 1152 7th October 2017 12:06
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR sheetumanu Delhi NCR 279 12th August 2017 12:30
Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai amitsingh08 Mumbai 246 7th August 2017 19:02
Trusted Petrol Pumps : Ahmedabad cmdalvi Other Cities 9 26th August 2016 12:47
Trusted Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps : Mysore MCR Other Cities 0 9th July 2010 21:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks