Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Old 13th June 2012, 10:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bosch Spare Parts : Govind Auto (Trivandrum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
They are the authorised Bosch spare dealers in Trivandrum, they are listed in Bosch website.

I don't have the battery specs, we bought the Bosch S5 battery for i10. Amaron is good too, had a green Amaron in my bike.
My bad. Somehow forgot checking the site under 'Dealer Locator' as I had been checking all the sub sections under 'Authorized Service Network'. I have been tricked by my mind to believe it was an un-authorized dealer, reading quickly 'Pricing: Comes with Bill & Bosch Warranty' and another post mentioning about the warranty not honored.

Thanks for the correction and the additional info on Amaron. Now I am confident that I will be getting a battery from an authorized dealer, either Bosch or Amaron.

P.S: It would be great if you could ask the moderators to update the first post to include the word 'Authorized dealer' somewhere around 'Services offered' or 'Products sold'. Still better, the thread title can contain the word 'Authorized'
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 21:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Though I got an Amaron Flo from the Amaron pit-stop Narayanan Manikatan & Company at Sreekaryam, I had been to Govind Auto to get a wiper replaced. Seems professional people at Govind Auto, but the price for the Bosch battery was quoted some 450/- more than the same battery at their Sreekaryam branch. But since the Bosch S5 at the Sreekaryam branch was a year old, I opted against it.

Though Govind Auto took the full MRP on the wiper, it was replaced by a staff in seconds and he helped us reverse a steep incline.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:37   #18
BHPian

You should have gone there when the owner is available there and should have introduced as a team-bhp ian and you are sure to get a discount.
He is very much aware of team-bhp and how much enthusiastice we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Though I got an Amaron Flo from the Amaron pit-stop Narayanan Manikatan & Company at Sreekaryam, I had been to Govind Auto to get a wiper replaced. Seems professional people at Govind Auto, but the price for the Bosch battery was quoted some 450/- more than the same battery at their Sreekaryam branch. But since the Bosch S5 at the Sreekaryam branch was a year old, I opted against it.

Though Govind Auto took the full MRP on the wiper, it was replaced by a staff in seconds and he helped us reverse a steep incline.
shineshine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 17:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Bosch S5 has got an indicator on its top which turns to Grey if the battery is weak or if it needs attention, this makes it easier to gauge the condition of the battery for owners like my dad whos not very good at reading symptoms.
Car batteries typically have 6 cells and the indicator is 'usually' connected to just one cell. It just indicates whether that particular cell is healthy. It is better to get a free check up at the battery dealer every 6 months.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote