Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Old 24th January 2016, 13:53   #31
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Kunal's Bike Works is an excellent workshop. I had been scouting around for a new mechanic for my 2003 Standard 500 as I wasn't satisfied with my current mechanic. It was a 90,000 km service so the work carried out was extensive.
  • Complete change of the wiring harness. The original wiring had become problematic and had been patched up several times.
  • A lot of issues with the CB point and its tuning. The bike was stuttering whenever I would throttle up. This was a persistent 6 month old problem which could not be solved by multiple mechanics.
  • End of life of the chain sprocket which needed replacement.
  • Leak from the front fork seals which eventually ended up as a front fork inner tube replacement as the old one was bent.
  • Service of my retrofitted front disc breaks and replacement of the rear break pads.
  • Issues with the gear shifting. Gear box service and oil replacement.
  • Dripping oil everywhere which meant the obvious oil seal replacements

As you can see, everything except the kitchen sink. The engine was fine.

All I can say is that the quality of work done when I picked up the bike was excellent. The biggest issue: the high speed stutter was solved and the bike was tuned to perfection. Every other issue was meticulously taken care of as well. My bike felt tight and hasn't ridden this well for years.

He is 15-20% more expensive than my former mechanic but the quality of work more than makes up for it. The workshop is being run by an enthusiast and it shows. I would highly recommend Kunal's workshop to every Bulleteer.

Still as much fun as the day I got her
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)-bullet.jpeg  

ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2016, 23:02   #32
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Originally Posted by //M View Post
The problem with Royal Motors is that Alex himself does not works or supervises on all the bikes unless needed. His men work on the bikes and during the last two occasions I have not been impressed by the work his men have done on my Enfield. I had to visit his garage for almost 3-4 times within a couple of weeks as considerable white smoke used to come out from the exhaust but even after 4 visits they could not fix the issue when clearly it was an issue with the piston ring/block. Later I got the piston block changed from a local garage in Warje and voila the issue never occurred again.
Thanks for your feedback
xtremedeep is offline   Reply With Quote