Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 02:20   #1
BHPian
 
no_sweat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: the city of delights... Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

I have been to many Royal enfield mechanics in Pune and found this guy very useful. Knows what to do (I have found lot of Bullet mechanics "Lagao Hatodi" types), does interesting Jugaad (upgraded my Headlight from 35/35W to 130/100W in Rs 800 and many more), good knowledge. Only guy I trust with my Thunderbird.

I shifted to Mumbai about an year and half ago but still do all my work from him (I ride down to Pune once a month or two)

Mech Auto Clinic in Nigdi
Deals in Royal Enfields (Used to be a RE Authorised service center) and performance biking.

Contact person: Chinmay Dangre
M: 9822212496 / 9226091690
O: 02027658340
no_sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th June 2010, 14:47   #2
BHPian
 
Anupam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Posts: 232
Thanked: 27 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Default

during my engg days (1993-95), I and all my friends were mostly bullet owners(can also read vice versa - all bullet owners were friends) and after trying several mechanics we finally settled on one in SwarGate, he used to have his garage shack under a tree, it was located near the swargate end of tilak rd. behind the gas station, I am not sure if he is still around as he may be reasonably old by now, his work was very good, always the right advice, his out-sourcing of odd jobs were always at the best places (read-quality) and his opinions were towards longetivity and quality rather than worry about billing, we never had to look beyond him ever. I don't know now, but Pune has a strong association with 2-wheel motor sports, you will find many experts in town who can convert bikes like bullet or even lambretta to a machine crossing 170KMPH for track races ...don't think they exist anymore though,
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 14:59   #3
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 629
Thanked: 175 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_sweat View Post
I have been to many Royal enfield mechanics in Pune and found this guy very useful. Knows what to do (I have found lot of Bullet mechanics "Lagao Hatodi" types), does interesting Jugaad (upgraded my Headlight from 35/35W to 130/100W in Rs 800 and many more), good knowledge. Only guy I trust with my Thunderbird.

I shifted to Mumbai about an year and half ago but still do all my work from him (I ride down to Pune once a month or two)

Mech Auto Clinic in Nigdi
Deals in Royal Enfields (Used to be a RE Authorised service center) and performance biking.

Contact person: Chinmay Dangre
M: 9822212496 / 9226091690
O: 02027658340

Can you please mention the detail address / land mark etc.

currently i m doing all work for my Electra at E-Squre.
A guy named as Ramesh. One more guy is also there "Suresh". He is the most unreliable guy i ever seen.

Some time done work with Alex (Near pune airport). He is good but very very expensive.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 14:08   #4
BHPian
 
bj96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 681
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Just to alert the fellow Bulleteers in Pune. Stay away from a place called "Janta Garage" on Kharadi-Vadgaonsheri road. They are looters. Recently, I visited them to buy the kick-starter return spring. They took Rs 70/- from me while, the actual MRP is 17/- only (later bought a spare from Shree Spares, Bhavani Peth).

Basically, they have no ethics and will loot you based on your situation. I was urgently looking for the spring and was unaware of correct MRP before this.

hth,
-BJ
bj96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 15:13   #5
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 444
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Can you please mention the detail address / land mark etc.

currently i m doing all work for my Electra at E-Squre.
A guy named as Ramesh. One more guy is also there "Suresh". He is the most unreliable guy i ever seen.

Some time done work with Alex (Near pune airport). He is good but very very expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Just to alert the fellow Bulleteers in Pune. Stay away from a place called "Janta Garage" on Kharadi-Vadgaonsheri road. They are looters. Recently, I visited them to buy the kick-starter return spring. They took Rs 70/- from me while, the actual MRP is 17/- only (later bought a spare from Shree Spares, Bhavani Peth).

Basically, they have no ethics and will loot you based on your situation. I was urgently looking for the spring and was unaware of correct MRP before this.

hth,
-BJ
@KALINGA

Stay away from that Ramesh/Suresh they are one of the pathetic Royal Enfield mechanics in Pune. My friend serviced his bullet from this Ramesh guy and paid around 1000 for some work related to breaks etc in day or two he rescued somehow from a major accident. Afterwards he found that the breaks was not serviced however mechanic have charged for the same.

I have experienced same situation like others here and I was at decision to sell my STD 350 in year or so however my mechanic rescued me from that, he is well known RE authorised service guy.


Below is his contact details:
Umesh Pawar
Sadguru Service Center
Sinhgad Road Pune.
PM me if you need his contact number.

Thanks,
Vishal
Note: I am not doing any marketing/advertising here I am just sharing my experience.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 15:50   #6
BHPian
 
Twinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD-USaapA
Posts: 275
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
I don't know now, but Pune has a strong association with 2-wheel motor sports, you will find many experts in town who can convert bikes like bullet or even lambretta to a machine crossing 170KMPH for track races ...don't think they exist anymore though,
They seldom exist!!! been here in pune for almost 5 years I havn't see one good mech who can port a bore or build an expansion chamber.

I wish it was 1993 again
Twinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:28   #7
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 444
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
They seldom exist!!! been here in pune for almost 5 years I havn't see one good mech who can port a bore or build an expansion chamber.

I wish it was 1993 again
@Twinn,

Visit my mechanic and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

He is R&D guy, he is famous in fitting a disc break on Royal Enfield before company introduced one. He make machismo 500 a oil cooled for its overheating problem and many more.

btw If I remember right we have meet in Team BHP meet at Ruby Hall. right?

Thanks,
Vishal.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 8th August 2011 at 16:29.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:51   #8
BHPian
 
the-rare-one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 78
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

There are 2 mechanics my bulletier friend has been working with for his electra from almost 1 year and happy about the overall services offered:

1. Mr. Patil - Gujarat Colony - Kothrud, Pune (+91-9890979015) (Very good at old models)

2. Shilimkar's Garage - Balaji Nagar, Satara Road, Pune - No. not available at the moment (Will update in a day or 2) (There is a short guy ANNA in this garage who is a specialist, services offered include restoration et all)

As mentioned by Thar4x4 - the Sadguru guys are also very good at the job. They were or still authorised service guys for bullets !
the-rare-one is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 00:16   #9
BHPian
 
Twinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD-USaapA
Posts: 275
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
btw If I remember right we have meet in Team BHP meet at Ruby Hall. right?.
Hi Vishal - Yep I am the (Gypsy). Hope you are doing great!!! Pls give me your mech's address., would he service Yezdi Roadking?
Twinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 08:38   #10
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 444
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Hi Vishal - Yep I am the (Gypsy). Hope you are doing great!!! Pls give me your mech's address., would he service Yezdi Roadking?
That's Gr8, went through your gypsy travel-log, that is awesome.

Yes he is ace in Bullet, Yezdi, Java, please find his address below:

Give him my reference Vishal Gurav, RE STD 350

Umesh Pawar
Sadguru Service Centre
Sinhgad Road Pune
+919423534836

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 14:30   #11
BHPian
 
Twinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD-USaapA
Posts: 275
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
That's Gr8, went through your gypsy travel-log, that is awesome.
Thanks Vishal. Guess what today I got to know there are few RD 350s, Jawa's and classics in my area. I met one person, who owns 8 Yezdis in total .
Twinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:12   #12
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, Pune
Posts: 618
Thanked: 516 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Thanks Vishal. Guess what today I got to know there are few RD 350s, Jawa's and classics in my area. I met one person, who owns 8 Yezdis in total .
Amrth,
who is that person....let's go and see his collection someday. BTW there is one mechanic in Wakad from whom i am getting my RE Machismo (98) serviced. Old chap is knowledgeable .....and very very important thing which is very rare in Pune.... he is courteous.

Regards,
Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 18:48   #13
BHPian
 
Twinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD-USaapA
Posts: 275
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Amrth,
who is that person....let's go and see his collection someday. BTW there is one mechanic in Wakad from whom i am getting my RE Machismo (98) serviced. Old chap is knowledgeable .....and very very important thing which is very rare in Pune.... he is courteous.

Regards,
Shubhendra
Sure Shubendra ji.. I am planning to go over T'mrw. let me just set up a platform . Then lets all go in have a look at this collection...his name is Yogesh, I don't know if he is a member in here.

Courteous!!!! Where Where... I want to meet him...
Twinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 15:03   #14
BHPian
 
Twinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD-USaapA
Posts: 275
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Amrth,
who is that person....let's go and see his collection someday.
Vishal/Subendra ji - Today I met Yogesh (he is a member here), My first impression - He lives, talks eats only Yezdi, BSA, Nortons . Amazing guy, he had a 63 model Jawa, yet to be restored. But he knows all about these Zeck beauties.

Then after I just saw another set of bikes in a parking lot of my neighbouring society - RD 350 HT (Prestine condition) and Jawa 350 - Twin Cylinders. Went in search of the owner but just could not locate him. Niether of the parking space owners were the bike owners...
Twinn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 15:33   #15
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, Pune
Posts: 618
Thanked: 516 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Mechanic (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Vishal/Subendra ji - Today I met Yogesh (he is a member here), My first impression - He lives, talks eats only Yezdi, BSA, Nortons . Amazing guy, he had a 63 model Jawa, yet to be restored. But he knows all about these Zeck beauties.

Then after I just saw another set of bikes in a parking lot of my neighbouring society - RD 350 HT (Prestine condition) and Jawa 350 - Twin Cylinders. Went in search of the owner but just could not locate him. Niether of the parking space owners were the bike owners...
You are trying really hard Amrth....see you on 15 Aug OTR.

Regards,
Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Enfield Mechanic - Riaz (Bangalore) n.devdath Bangalore 5 21st April 2014 15:18
Mumbai-Pune Expressway : 'Mechanic Thieves' sandeep joshi Street Experiences 17 26th January 2014 23:07
Is my mechanic ripping me off? Enfield Thunderbird P1tBull Motorbikes 20 12th December 2011 23:38
500cc Royal Enfield vs NEW 350cc Enfield scottoe Motorbikes 22 13th October 2009 16:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks