Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Old 9th August 2016, 15:54   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

Has anybody used the HP outlet near Doyens Township on Lingampalli-HCU road? My wife has used it regularly for the last 2 years or so for my Polo. I have started using this route too and filled in once.

Now you might call it psychological, but I find the engine noise a bit harsh after I filled in petrol. I also find Polo's engine noise a lot more pronounced, and have a feeling it has to do with the fuel quality.

Did anybody else feel the same after filling in at that petrol pump?
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 16:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Has anybody used the HP outlet near Doyens Township on Lingampalli-HCU road? My wife has used it regularly for the last 2 years or so for my Polo. I have started using this route too and filled in once.

Now you might call it psychological, but I find the engine noise a bit harsh after I filled in petrol. I also find Polo's engine noise a lot more pronounced, and have a feeling it has to do with the fuel quality.

I have been using this pump for the past 10 months. The FE has been consistently good and I never observed any issue with the engine noise.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 10:32   #123
BHPian

I filled petrol in there just 3 days back and my car's performance has noticeably gone down. I've filled there before and I have either not faced or noticed such an issue earlier, but this time it was very distinct. I tried to tell myself its nothing, but then the car kept getting strained while climbing slopes and flyovers.

And too bad I filled almost the entire tank

This is one to avoid in my list. On the other hand I've heard that the HP pump that has come in place of Shell at Raidurg is good - could be because it is new and they are trying to get customers.

Quote:

jetti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 11:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I filled petrol in there just 3 days back and my car's performance has noticeably gone down. I've filled there before and I have either not faced or noticed such an issue earlier, but this time it was very distinct. I tried to tell myself its nothing, but then the car kept getting strained while climbing slopes and flyovers.

And too bad I filled almost the entire tank

This is one to avoid in my list. On the other hand I've heard that the HP pump that has come in place of Shell at Raidurg is good - could be because it is new and they are trying to get customers.
I had the above experience (harsh engine note and strained engine) when my friend tanked up from the Club HP petrol on the left right before we climb the Lingampally flyover (in front of a CCD). For the last two tankfuls, I have gone to the Club HP on the left just before the turn towards the flyover (and after Gulmohar park colony entrance) and the car feels much better to drive. This petrol station is open 24*7 which is helpful sometimes during my late night or early morning runs. And I believe this is COCO as the card payment receipt states "HPCL L Fuels" as against the typical names like "XXX filing station".

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th August 2016 at 11:29. Reason: Spell check
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote