Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Old 17th October 2016, 23:12   #241
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Seat Belts Saved My Life! True Stories & Pictures from BHPians

Another grim and sad reminder of the value of seat belts. Just got home from a business trip and am informed that a nephew of mine, all of 20 years old, was killed this morning driving a Scorpio on a highway north-west of Delhi. I do not yet know all the exact details or sequence or who was at fault. But I do know that the young man was not wearing his seat belt. He was the son of a cousin of mine. Very tragic for the young man and even more so for his parents. My earnest request to all BHPians is - always belt up. Even if you are on the rear seat you should belt up even more so if you are on an inter-city run - Narayan

PS: Dear Moderators, please move this post to the appropriate thread if necessary.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 17th October 2016 at 23:14.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:36   #242
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Seat Belts Saved My Life! True Stories & Pictures from BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I do not yet know all the exact details or sequence or who was at fault. But I do know that the young man was not wearing his seat belt.
Not a pleasant matter to discuss again. But I would like to share some important facts which I discovered today. My nephew was not driving. He was in the rear seat on the left hand side. Yet he was killed because of not wearing a seat belt. I wont dwell on the gory details as it is a sad moment for us. The point I am making is that we should wear a seat belt even if we are positioned on the rear seat. More so if you are on a fast road
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote