Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Old 13th June 2013, 08:29   #106
BHPian

Hi all, I'm posting on behalf of my cousin who is planning a Leh-Ladakh trip in July first week with his friends. They have a problem though. It seems his friend is buying a Tata Safari Storme and the car will be on temporary registration plates. Is it advisable/ possible / permitted to travel to J & K in a vehicle with TR only?
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 10:50   #107
BHPian

Hi. I always think about this. Which is supposedly the best vehicle accordingly for a road trip ? Is it a huge suv or a big sedan ? It would be great if one can give the segment wise best vehicle opinion for road trips ?
Slush_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 00:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Preparation for an Indian Road Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush_Traveller View Post
Hi. I always think about this. Which is supposedly the best vehicle accordingly for a road trip ? Is it a huge suv or a big sedan ? It would be great if one can give the segment wise best vehicle opinion for road trips ?
Depends on your route, destination & co-passenger(s).

SUVs generally do good in areas that need you to have good GC. Otherwise on regular highways, sedans would be faster, safer and more comfortable.

There are people who are not very comfortable in a slouching posture and prefer the rather high and straight seating of an SUV.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:46   #109
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Preparation for an Indian Road Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush_Traveller View Post
Like Dry Ice's comment, it depends on the conditions of the road more than anything else and at the same time, one's own tastes and preferences.
Example: Usually a vehicle with good GC will be better for driving in the higher himalayas considering that road conditions sometimes degenerate.

On the contrary , I have known people taking their Honda Civic up to places in Pithodagarh district of Uttarakhand - and they did not complain about scrapes.

To each his poison!
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:46   #110

Default Planning road trips made easy!

As cars, driving and road trips have become a part and parcel of every BHPian’s life, wanted to share a link that would help planning a better road trip anywhere in India. Many here should have come across the link but this is for the crowd who are yet to discover the website. A good initiative from a startup for the crowd that loves to drive.

The website engenders a comprehensive drive, eat and stay plan from the starting till the end of trip with options to revise any part of the plan if need be. It also generates a proper excel sheet which we always prepare before any trip.

Try this out and hope it helps.

Here you go: http://www.goroadtrip.com

Hoping to see many more travelogues from every BHPian here.

Mods: Please shift this thread to the appropriate section if required.

Cheers
Aslamjaffer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote