Distinguished - BHPian

No wax on glass ever! I'd say you found the culprit
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2017, 13:52   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Safe Driving in the Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Clean/polish your glass with a cream glass polish, not just a regular liquid cleaner. I've been usiong Auto-Glym since for ever. I just got some CarPro CeriGlass, which, if used on a polishing machine, will actually take out small faults from the glass. ...
Service centre just polished my windscreen. It was mutually accepted that it probably would not get rid of a large stone chip (so, in some ways a waste of money) but, apart from that... wow, it is clean and smooth!

Sadly, Chennai is seriously lacking in rain for real-life testing just now.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 21:37   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Unfortunately the problem came right back the next day (night actually). The Sonax does help a bit. It clear's the effect fast while driving than before but I am unable to pin point the root cause. I have been using Formula 1 wash and wax to wax the car and use it on the glass as well. I had used it last 1-2 months ago. Can this application cause the haze effect ?
Any wax will cause the haze. I used the Proklear glass treatment two monsoons ago. Nice beads of water that fly off the windscreen at high speeds, almost no need to use wipers -- fine. But haze after wiper blade does its job-- no good ! Disappears instantly, but still irritating. In your case it can be either Proklear or the Formula 1 wax, I think ! The lesson I learnt is to simply drop a piece of body soap (the last bit you cannot use) into the washer fluid tank -- free and does the job adequately !
SnakemanJohny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:40   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Service centre just polished my windscreen.
Hmm... so now I have a windscreen which is mostly not too bad. A perfect test bed! so I can try out one of "nano" glass treatments. If it is good, then do the same on the new screen, whenever that happens.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote