Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Old 26th September 2016, 20:59   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Read this thread. Complicated procedure (take your vehicle for a police certificate to document that there are no theft, accident etc cases against it, and then take that along with other documentation to the RTO for a NOC.

Then the buyer has to pay life tax afresh on the vehicle to register it in his home state. Which is a disgustingly long process.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4048379 (Moving a car between States - Road tax, refund etc.)

Thanks for this. I'm still reading this through but I have another question. I've found an agent to do the Panchkula RTO work for me since I'm based in Delhi now. My question is will the NOC be issued in my name and I'll have to register the vehicle here in Delhi first and then transfer to the buyer ? Or can I get the NOC directly issued in that guys name ? So like a sale/transfer cum NOC?
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 21:04   #407
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Dear Sharinder,

Let me put my thoughts based on the RTO experience for my friend's cars

The noc shall not be issued in your name if you selling the car and the buyer submits all the forms example 28,29 and 30 if i remember right for noc,

What exactly RTO would do is that they would show that car is being transferred in buyers name and buyer is being issued noc to a particular place for registration,

Have got multiple cases done in the past for the same,

And i hope it helps,

In case you need any other information let me know,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
anupam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 21:35   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Dear Sharinder,

Let me put my thoughts based on the RTO experience for my friend's cars

The noc shall not be issued in your name if you selling the car and the buyer submits all the forms example 28,29 and 30 if i remember right for noc,

What exactly RTO would do is that they would show that car is being transferred in buyers name and buyer is being issued noc to a particular place

Thanks Anupam00. This is exactly what I wanted to know. RTO had made this whole thing needlessly complicated.
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 08:17   #409
BHPian

I have a question that is slightly OT but didnt know where to put it.

I have a KL Registered car in Chennai here and am contemplating to exchange it for a new car. Does anyone have knowledge on whether any dealers would be willing to buy a car which was registered from another state?
eyesice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 08:20   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
I have a KL Registered car in Chennai here and am contemplating to exchange it for a new car. Does anyone have knowledge on whether any dealers would be willing to buy a car which was registered from another state?
They will ask you for a NOC from your local rto in Kerala

Drive the car back to Kerala and sell it there
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 14:22   #411
BHPian

Quote:

If you are planning to buy a Maruti, Popular Maruti might be willing to accept your KL registered car. I remember getting a reasonable offer from them for my KL regd Alto, after considering the exchange bonuses. As per them, NOC was not required since they will be shipping it to their own dealerships in Kerala and will be selling it there.
I got a response in the affirmative from VW as well (forgot the name of the dealership; the one close to thillai ganga nagar subway on inner ring road), but they never came back with a quote or further details and I didnt bother following up either.

Last edited by prkiran : 28th September 2016 at 14:24.
prkiran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 14:52   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
If you are planning to buy a Maruti, Popular Maruti might be willing to accept your KL registered car. I remember getting a reasonable offer from them for my KL regd Alto, after considering the exchange bonuses. As per them, NOC was not required since they will be shipping it to their own dealerships in Kerala and will be selling it there.
I got a response in the affirmative from VW as well (forgot the name of the dealership; the one close to thillai ganga nagar subway on inner ring road), but they never came back with a quote or further details and I didnt bother following up either.
Thanks for the tip! I am not sure if will be heading back to KL in the next couple of months. But I am not in the look out for a Maruti car unfortunately. Let me find out if I an find a Ford / Honda dealer who can do this.
eyesice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 14:58   #413
BHPian

Quote:

Check cars24.com once, I have read they take out of state cars. There is a separate thread here and you can search for that.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 28th September 2016 at 15:01.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 15:47   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Check cars24.com once, I have read they take out of state cars. There is a separate thread here and you can search for that.
They will knock the price down by a significant margin for the extra effort of buying your car, taking it to KL, selling it there after processing paperwork etc.

Better to take it across and sell it especially if your car is from just one state away rather than halfway across india.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 16:09   #415
BHPian

I have sold my car in DEC-2015 (Pune RTO, Private Vehicle). I have the original Delivery Note with me & I had signed the Transfer Forms & handed them over to the new Owner (within same RTO) with the Delivery Note Copy.

Now, neither did I mail the documents to the RTO nor did the new Owner initiate the transfer since he didn't have a valid address proof until recently. He's now called me to initiate the transfer.

My query is, is either of us obligated to change the date of Sale since neither approached the RTO over the course of last year?

Last edited by DevendraG : 19th October 2016 at 16:10. Reason: Typo
DevendraG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 16:25   #416
Senior - BHPian

You had better ask the rto

This fellow is probably using the car without registering it and is now selling it to someone else as a first owner car instead of a second owner car

What do you bet he will claim he wants the car registered in the name of "his distant relative" due to his still having no address proof?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 17:53   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You had better ask the rto

This fellow is probably using the car without registering it and is now selling it to someone else as a first owner car instead of a second owner car

What do you bet he will claim he wants the car registered in the name of "his distant relative" due to his still having no address proof?
I understand and agree on your point but I know the person & he has the Address Proof in his name now. I knew the guy & his family and so I didn't take it seriously too so far. Lesson learnt for the future.

My only concern is, would RTO compel us to use a more recent date while submitting transfer forms?
DevendraG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 18:00   #418
Senior - BHPian

Get a fresh set of documents but prepare them ONLY on the friend's name and deliver them to him signed. The documents are available online, filling them in won't cost a thing.

If the insurance lapsed get a current copy of the insurance from your friend or have him pay for it and buy some in your name - you will need that for the sale.

So the transfer takes place - but your friend is now faced with having to explain that the car is actually a 2nd owner car. And maybe selling it at a cheaper rate to the customer he found.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 17:30   #419
BHPian

Post Re: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Hi Guys,

One query related to selling the car.
Do we need to submit the original RC book to the RTO office for transfer of ownership while selling a car? If not, how about the seller retaining the original RC book with him till the buyer completes the ownership transfer process? We have been hearing lots of cases where issues popup because the buyer does not change the ownership. So, if the original RC book is not handed over to the buyer, he will have some urge to get the transfer completed. Will this work?

Also for change of owner in the insurance certificate, which method is better? Updating the insurance with the new owner details or cancelling the existing insurance and the buyer taking a new one? Both possible only after the transfer of ownership is completed I guess?

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks.
vpillai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 18:06   #420
BHPian

@vpillai - As far as I know, RC card/book needs to be submitted to the registration authorities for the transfer process. If ownership transfer is a concern for you, would recommend you to collect the transfer charges from the buyer and get the transfer done yourself with the help of a known agent. This is a time consuming process but its peace of mind.
cdmanju is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote