Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Old 14th November 2017, 22:28   #511
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Probably the best way to sell a car . Not sure if it has been posted before.

https://amp.scroll.in/article/857571...1-year-old-car
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 06:50   #512

@hserus

Need your help for more clarity.

I had sold my OHC 2002 to a person and followed the process mentioned in this thread.

To hand over to the buyer:

1. Form No.28 - 3 Originals.
2. Form No.29 -
3. Form No.30 -
4. Delivery note
5. Registration certificate (Original).
6. RTO tax documents (Original).
7. Insurance policy - Not included
8. Duplicate keys.
9. Form No.35 - Have kept the document ready. Since I lost the original NOC I have applied to the Finance Company and will get it in 10 days' time.

The following copies are retained myself:

1. Form No.28 (Copy).
2. Form No.29 (Copy).
3. Form No.30 (Copy).
4. Delivery note (Original).
5. Govt. issued photo id of the buyer (aadhar card and driving license Copy duly signed by him).
6. Registration, RTO tax papers & insurance policy of the car (Copy).
8. Finance company NOC (waiting for NOC duplicate

The Buyer told me that he will register to his name only in the month of February 2018. Even though I had asked him why the delay, his reply was inconclusive. Informed him that as per rule he has to transfer the car to his name in 15 days' time.

Shall I wait till beginning of February 2018 before I submit the papers to RTO. Also should I give him amount paid receipt of the car sales amount.
pradeepnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 09:40   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
The Buyer told me that he will register to his name only in the month of February 2018. Even though I had asked him why the delay, his reply was inconclusive. Informed him that as per rule he has to transfer the car to his name in 15 days' time.

Shall I wait till beginning of February 2018 before I submit the papers to RTO. Also should I give him amount paid receipt of the car sales amount.
Once you have signed the transfer papers to the buyer's name give him the receipt and delivery note, insurance transfer letter.

Then immediately lodge a copy of the paperwork in your local RTO.

This guy can take his own sweet time to make the transfer, he is probably a park and sell type dealer who will use the car for his own purposes for a month or two before he can find a buyer, and doesn't want to sell a 3rd hand car.

So let him do that, but once you lodge a copy of the paperwork at the RTO and take back a copy of your covering letter to them mentioning all sale details, that has an RTO stamp on it, you are covered against any future legal liability related to the car.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 21:41   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Once you have signed the transfer papers to the buyer's name give him the receipt and delivery note, insurance transfer letter.

Then immediately lodge a copy of the paperwork in your local RTO.

This guy can take his own sweet time to make the transfer, he is probably a park and sell type dealer who will use the car for his own purposes for a month or two before he can find a buyer, and doesn't want to sell a 3rd hand car.

So let him do that, but once you lodge a copy of the paperwork at the RTO and take back a copy of your covering letter to them mentioning all sale details, that has an RTO stamp on it, you are covered against any future legal liability related to the car.
Thank you very much. I had not given the NOC of the Hire Purchase agreement from the Financier. As I had mentioned, the duplicate NOC is expected this week. Also I need to give the receipt of the payment received. If I lodge the copy of the paperwork to RTO, do I need to submit the NOC also again to RTO. Thanks in advance again.
pradeepnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 23:21   #515
Senior - BHPian

Submit a full set of paperwork to the RTO as soon as you can.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote