Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 11:34   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
..and I'm looking for that rubber pipe from that hopper to the inlet unit.
Hopper can be built by tinker. Mine was in pretty bad shape & work was done by tinker on this. I'll see if my source can find one.
Thanks sonu for looking in for my request, the pipe need not be rubber and I presume it was not, you can get a similar size and shape pipe with the industrial supplies stores. I have seen some blower / extraction system using these dia pipes.

I also see a similar pipe in my companys part system, for some use in small generators and can order the same via my dealer too. But the price of the same would be deterent for us .
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 16:09   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 1,271 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The pipe need not be rubber and I presume it was not, you can get a similar size and shape pipe with the industrial supplies stores. I have seen some blower / extraction system using these dia pipes.
.
There is size difference between OUTLET & INLET hoppers & thus will need a reducer kind of pipe. Else would have bought any rubber pipe & jubilee clips & would have long done my DIY.
Also if its metal wpouldn't the fresh air passing through that will heat up & again heat up the cabin.

Raab rakha
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 16:37   #93
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 830
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: Brownie - PHOTOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Feast your eyes gentlemen:

Raab Rakha.

Congratulations on a lovely restoration. I really like the way you've preserved some original parts and used them and also the neat engine bay. She looks a very neat car with warm, inviting interiors and charm of an earlier era.

Curious to know what the 2 holes in the bottom grill slat are for?

Again well done; this has also provided me with some inspiration for my car

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 18:08   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
There is size difference between OUTLET & INLET hoppers & thus will need a reducer kind of pipe. Else would have bought any rubber pipe & jubilee clips & would have long done my DIY.
Also if its metal wpouldn't the fresh air passing through that will heat up & again heat up the cabin.

Raab rakha
You can make do with the size difference by some indegenious packing and like altough I am yet to measure the size difference, but seems that it will be not much.

And I did not meant metal pipe, I meant plastic with I temperature capability.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 21:47   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 1,271 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Curious to know what the 2 holes in the bottom grill slat are for?
Again well done; this has also provided me with some inspiration for my car
Regards Prithvi
Thanks Prithvi for your kind kind words. Please keep them coming.
The two holes on the middle grill slat may have held some badge or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
You can make do with the size difference by some indegenious packing and like altough I am yet to measure the size difference, but seems that it will be not much.
Yup, will need to do some indegenious DIY there.

Another of my BOUNCER query. I have a nice 12 v weathertight fan which fits neatly inside the black hopper/just behind the front mesh. Should I fix it for nice rush of air in the cabin.
There is also that functional FLAP in the hopper.

Raab rakha.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 22:00   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu

Thanks Prithvi for your kind kind words. Please keep them coming.
The two holes on the middle grill slat may have held some badge or something similar.

Yup, will need to do some indegenious DIY there.

Another of my BOUNCER query. I have a nice 12 v weathertight fan which fits neatly inside the black hopper/just behind the front mesh. Should I fix it for nice rush of air in the cabin.
There is also that functional FLAP in the hopper.

Raab rakha.
Yes you can I have posted picture of the same in an Italian imported tv. Also the parts manual also give location of the fan.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 22:26   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
..and I'm looking for that rubber pipe from that hopper to the inlet unit.
Hopper can be built by tinker. Mine was in pretty bad shape & work was done by tinker on this. I'll see if my source can find one.



Thanks Sagar, I also sincerly hope that I find all those elusive parts.

HELP ME.

Raab rakha.
I would have gladly helped you with parts if i had access to them here. The scene has changed quite rapidly here, even getting used padmini parts is a nightmare forget older models. But then again there's a luck factor, you know. Will keep your requirement in mind.
samsag12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 23:23   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-now "CREAMER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Thanx Shyam, This bumper came with the car. The 'new' bumper is kept at home for electroplating along with few other items.
I wanna take it out for a special day.

Rohan: Yes its the same garage.

Raab rakha
Hi, saw he good work you have done on your car. could you let me know / help me get the front and rear glass rubber beading. i am in process of restoring a 1960 fiat.

vipul - bangalore - Ph 9342471416
mathurvipul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 12:41   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 1,271 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-now "CREAMER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurvipul View Post
Hi, saw he good work you have done on your car. could you let me know / help me get the front and rear glass rubber beading. i am in process of restoring a 1960 fiat.

vipul - bangalore - Ph 9342471416
Hi Vipul,

Thanks & would be glad to help you source whatever parts that I can.
I'll suggest that you post some pics of your car for easy understanding of model & FIAT gurus here would also be able to add their comments/suggestions for more authentic resto.

Raab rakha.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 16:33   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-now "CREAMER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Hi Vipul,

Thanks & would be glad to help you source whatever parts that I can.
I'll suggest that you post some pics of your car for easy understanding of model & FIAT gurus here would also be able to add their comments/suggestions for more authentic resto.

Raab rakha.
Here are some pics of work in progress

The mechanical job and paint job is done. Now the electrical and fitting is pending while the chrome, buffing, seat work is in progress. I am looking for the following

side beading
beading which comes under the front and back glass
monogram for the bonnet
Fiat 1100 monogram - banking on Jubin Joshi
rear view mirror
back seat clip which is fixed on the rear shelf (the seat guy misplaced it)
Window glass channel
parking light glass
tail lamp glass
inside rubber carpet and all mats
wheel caps
white wall tyres

Paint job is done and the car will come home for fittings (thats the plan)

will keep you posted on more developments.
vipul
Attached Thumbnails
Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00190201205031850.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00226201205161819.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00251201205191136.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00254201205191321.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00314201205251745.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00317201205251746.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00341201205261143.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00337201205261129.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00349201205281636.jpg  

Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-img00352201205281636.jpg  

mathurvipul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 18:07   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-now "CREAMER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurvipul View Post
Here are some pics of work in progress

The mechanical job and paint job is done. Now the electrical and fitting is pending while the chrome, buffing, seat work is in progress. I am looking for the following
will keep you posted on more developments.
vipul
Vipul,

where is the car being done up, the work carried out is very nice. I have the same model car with me (1959 MPR 4142). As for the windshield aluminium insert beading's, one is there in Bangalore Scrapyard and may I too have one.

I am looking for a good garage to finish my work, may be do up at your mechanics.

Why not PM me your number and we can meet up some weekend, you car seems to have some nice stuff. What have you planned for the seats.

And for your list may be we can find some stuff for you.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 19:05   #102
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-now "CREAMER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurvipul View Post
monogram for the bonnet
Fiat 1100 monogram - banking on Jubin Joshi
back seat clip which is fixed on the rear shelf (the seat guy misplaced it)
Window glass channel
parking light glass
tail lamp glass
By channel, do you mean the aluminium inserts for the rubber beadings? IF so, I do have 1 set for front and rear...but only trouble is how to send it from here!

I might be able to help you with the front and rear monogram (atleast I do have 1 FIAT 1100 Monogram for the boot)

Are your tail lamps the same as Padmini ones? If so the lenses are easily available.
Stanher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 19:56   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-now "CREAMER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
By channel, do you mean the aluminium inserts for the rubber beadings? IF so, I do have 1 set for front and rear...but only trouble is how to send it from here!

I might be able to help you with the front and rear monogram (atleast I do have 1 FIAT 1100 Monogram for the boot)

Are your tail lamps the same as Padmini ones? If so the lenses are easily available.
Shyam,

I had asked you for the rear monogran and almost forgot about that , I think vipul can have that.

His car will have the 2 -piece lamp as what myself and Karl have on their cars.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 20:46   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive

Vipul,

where is the car being done up, the work carried out is very nice. I have the same model car with me (1959 MPR 4142). As for the windshield aluminium insert beading's, one is there in Bangalore Scrapyard and may I too have one.

I am looking for a good garage to finish my work, may be do up at your mechanics.

Why not PM me your number and we can meet up some weekend, you car seems to have some nice stuff. What have you planned for the seats.

And for your list may be we can find some stuff for you.


Thanks so much Manish. Car is being done in Bangalore. The mechanical work was done by Asif Bhai in Frazer town. Behind richy rich. His number 9845666216. He had worked on the premier padmini many years back and now this one. He built the complete car right from the suspension to breaks. Engine to differential. Body was intact, no rust or damage, hence not much of body work. All the paint related work is being undertaken at Popular Automach, a division of Nandi Toyota on hosur road. The car is still there. Intend to bring it home and get the electrical and fittings done at home.

Certainly need help to put it in original shape (almost). Seats are also in process of making. Guy called santosh is doing it. He was recommended by Asif Bhai.
mathurvipul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 20:51   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher
By channel, do you mean the aluminium inserts for the rubber beadings? IF so, I do have 1 set for front and rear...but only trouble is how to send it from here!

I might be able to help you with the front and rear monogram (atleast I do have 1 FIAT 1100 Monogram for the boot)

Are your tail lamps the same as Padmini ones? If so the lenses are easily available.
Thanks Stanher, thanks for the offer.
I have the aluminium beading which goes around the glass, I need the rubber which holds the glass and the aluminium channel. The tail lamps are original aluminium ones. Monograms most welcome.
mathurvipul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1956 Fiat Millecento Restoration beetle_boy Post-War 78 1st October 2015 14:01
1955 Fiat Millecento Restoration PAVAN KADAM Post-War 16 14th August 2014 10:36
My 1956 Fiat Millecento Restoration Project spike Post-War 51 24th September 2013 14:28
Restoration of a NOMAD's 1954 Fiat Millecento- DELIVERED PAVAN KADAM Post-War 117 15th March 2013 13:58
1956 Fiat Millecento restoration and overhaul eternalck Post-War 11 17th January 2010 21:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks