Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 8th June 2012, 19:19   #76
BANNED

Default Re: 1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Its a true testimony to a wonderful restoration job you did on it,no wonder it came to life immediately without any fuss.
Hope to see the work commencing on the original side valve engine soon. Thanks for sharing the update.
My mechanic will take another good month to finish work on the Original side-valve engine.

In the meantime, Exactly 6 months after its restoration, the first time i had taken the Hillman out for a spin to my office and other errands. 56kms on a hot sunny day, it performed very well, it was a sight to see people's faces when the trafficators pop-out, and the sound of those sweet Jalwa horns

OFF-TOPIC - OH MY GOD...! I did not realise untill i saw this update of mine, The car did not sport the front number plate, and i have driven it extensively full Bindaaas style
Attached Thumbnails
1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-imag_2078.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 8th June 2012 at 19:43.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 19:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Its nice to hear about the progress on Original engine, i wish its rebuilt soon.
As you have already quoted my post, the flawless running of a piece of machine reflects the quality of workmanship. So i guess nothing much to say in this regard.
Those trafficators must have been quite a sight for the commuters, btw i didn't knew Hillman is also blessed with those lovely Jalwas. Time to get mine fixed too.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 23:28   #78
BANNED

Exactly after ONE GOOD YEAR of this Hillman's Restoration, The car was infact deliverd to Ace_hillman on January 3rd 2012, but was again handed over back to me for storage till he is back ( due to lack of any parking space at his house ) Eventually over the months, i used to drive it to keep it in running order, luckily it has remained Intact and a good runner.

Couple of days ago, Avinash arrives to India and gives me a Startling Surprise call ""HI PAVAN, I AM BACK"" Totally perplexed as i had not driven the car for over 2 months, took time off work and other restorations, to my surprise, it needed only 15 mins of mechanical check-up and 3 hours from Nirmal for Detailing it again, the Hillman is back in its TOP FORM, and duly deliverd at Avinash's new house.
Attached Thumbnails
1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-imag_2222.jpg  

1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-imag_2223.jpg  

1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-imag_2224.jpg  

1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-imag_2225.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 13:11   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Seriously.. What a finish man.. Its absolutely top of the class..

Congratulations on a superb restoration. It shows there are people available to do this in Bangalore. To me it seems to be a 1952 Hillman. What does the book say. Mohaan
mohaan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 18:49   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaan View Post
Congratulations on a superb restoration. It shows there are people available to do this in Bangalore. To me it seems to be a 1952 Hillman. What does the book say. Mohaan
Call it fate The day i Re-Delivered the car this time, Avinash again left for the US. Poor chap has not driven the car at all after Restoration. I just wish he returns back for good ASAP.

Fortunately, i have the previlage of using this car once in a while, Again, Runs like a dream, recently the RTO passing was supposed to be done, took it for a spin to the RTO, got the inspection done, The RTO inspector was spooked on seeing the way the Pop-out trafficators work LOL, put in some 50 kms, a perfect Daily runner i must add.

The service interval is due next month, so will be taking it back for a day or 2 to change the essential oils and a few upgrades planned.
Attached Thumbnails
1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-dsc00706.jpg  

1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-dsc00704.jpg  

1951 Hillman Minx Restored and Delivered-dsc00707.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 10th June 2013 at 18:50.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote