Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 15:36   #46
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Thanks for the input Chanu.

I was wondering, why no-one commented on the Rust Pockets inline with the nose you have keen eyes for detail, buddy.

He told me that he will try to level it, and the after work will be covered by the putty. Hopefully today, he must have done the work.

Once i visit his place in the evening, will definitely post the pictures.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 12:53   #47
BHPian
 
Scarlet_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 555
Thanked: 418 Times
Thumbs up Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Nice work going on! Good progress! Please request the denter to pay special attention to the lines on the front mudguard and domes as highlighted. Doing a good job here will go a long way in enhancing the looks of the scooter once it is painted.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-l1.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-l2.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-l3.jpg  

Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 22:24   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Nice work going on! Good progress! Please request the denter to pay special attention to the lines on the front mudguard and domes as highlighted. Doing a good job here will go a long way in enhancing the looks of the scooter once it is painted.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Not just the denter but it's also the duty of the painter to make sure the lines are not faded with the lappam/paste applied while painting. I see the front mud guard needs patch work and that will resolve the line issue.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 22:34   #49
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

I doubt the denter has done any body tapping at all.

Sanjeev, this is what i mentioned to you.

1) Scrape the entire shell
2) Complete the body tapping when its in bare metal condition
3) Do the bondo job
4) Check for surface undulations
5) Spray Zinc oxide
6) Check for any scrape/ dents
7) Re-do the bondo job
8) Spray the Kapci Surfacer
9) Check for spots
10) Treat with kapci tube putty
11) Spray the first coat of paint ( Dupont /Kapci)
12) Check the surface, re-work
13) Spray the final coats of paint
14) Let it dry for a day
15) Start and complete the fitments
16) After 4 days, sand down the surface with 2000/3000 grit sand paper
17) Do a proper rubbing and polishing

Thats it.Very simple
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 09:29   #50
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Pavan Anna & Rahul Waghmare,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

The denter has done some tapping work & then the Zinc Oxide has been sprayed. Actually, i am not able to spend much time with them due to the tight office schedules.

Also, these guys have minds of their own, they dont wanna listen much to our inputs. You know them better than me I will ask them once to re-check the whole thing.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 12:23   #51
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Update Time: Work is happening on a DEAD SLOW pace

Some more shopping today, what i got:

1. Air Filter.
2. Tyre Nuts.
3. Clip to Hold Wires to protect from Silencer.
4. Carburetter Cover Screws.
5. My Scooters Petrol Tank was not original, and the Original Tank is hard to find. What i got it is the attachement of the Old Lid that came with the scooter earlier and its rivet and Screw
6. The Light for ther Handle above the Speedometer, though it is not original but pretty decent looking. The light is from RE Bullet. But, I am still searching for the "RED Dot" Light, can anyone get me one ?

I will think of getting it done on the Petrol Tank if no major modifications are required. Otherwise, i will keep this in my treasure for future use.

Will search for more items and keep updating accordingly.

Now the Pics for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02172.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02170.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02169.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02167.jpg  

sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:24   #52
BHPian
 
priyadarshan.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Update Time: Work is happening on a DEAD SLOW pace

Some more shopping today, what i got:

1. Air Filter.
2. Tyre Nuts.
3. Clip to Hold Wires to protect from Silencer.
4. Carburetter Cover Screws.
5. My Scooters Petrol Tank was not original, and the Original Tank is hard to find. What i got it is the attachement of the Old Lid that came with the scooter earlier and its rivet and Screw
6. The Light for ther Handle above the Speedometer, though it is not original but pretty decent looking. The light is from RE Bullet. But, I am still searching for the "RED Dot" Light, can anyone get me one ?

I will think of getting it done on the Petrol Tank if no major modifications are required. Otherwise, i will keep this in my treasure for future use.

Will search for more items and keep updating accordingly.

Now the Pics for you guys.

Aah the shopping continues.. Dont worry sir, the work will resume soon and you wont have to stretch your patience any more..
priyadarshan.b is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:19   #53
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Aah the shopping continues.. Dont worry sir, the work will resume soon and you wont have to stretch your patience any more..
I am supposed to do a little bit of shopping for Sanjeev, But due to my Month end commitments at office till today, it was not possible to do it, I know Sanjeev must be feeling

But Sanjeev, you know i had infact gone on Friday afternoon to the shop, but sadly, he was shut

Anyways, i will get your spares by tomorrow 100%
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 10:52   #54
BHPian
 
priyadarshan.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am supposed to do a little bit of shopping for Sanjeev, But due to my Month end commitments at office till today, it was not possible to do it, I know Sanjeev must be feeling

But Sanjeev, you know i had infact gone on Friday afternoon to the shop, but sadly, he was shut

Anyways, i will get your spares by tomorrow 100%
Pavan Sir,

Any chance of getting an extra pair of spares that you are getting for sanjeev? I am trying to negotiate for a vespa and hoping that it will work out.

Priyadarshan
priyadarshan.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 11:52   #55
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am supposed to do a little bit of shopping for Sanjeev, But due to my Month end commitments at office till today, it was not possible to do it, I know Sanjeev must be feeling

But Sanjeev, you know i had infact gone on Friday afternoon to the shop, but sadly, he was shut

Anyways, i will get your spares by tomorrow 100%
Pavan Anna,

Thanks for the reply. I am releived now, hope you get time today and procure the spares

Will be waiting for your confirmation.

Also, check if you can get some for our Good Friend Priyadarshan.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 24th January 2012 at 11:53.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 16:41   #56
BHPian
 
sushil_n79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bhopal (M.P),Hyderabad (A.P)
Posts: 294
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Hi Sanjeev

Welcome on board to the pleasure of restoring a classic . i am sure you must be enjoying every moment of it . I am sure its gonna be a head turner for sure once done up. all the best for the same.
hopefully the body lines have been corrected now Do keep us updated through the current pictures . Let me know please if you need anything at all.
Regards
Sushil Narayanan
sushil_n79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 22:11   #57
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
Hi Sanjeev

Welcome on board to the pleasure of restoring a classic . i am sure you must be enjoying every moment of it . I am sure its gonna be a head turner for sure once done up. all the best for the same.
hopefully the body lines have been corrected now Do keep us updated through the current pictures . Let me know please if you need anything at all.
Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Dea Sushil,

Good to see you on the thread..!! Thanks for your wishes. Hope, you are reciovering fast from the unfortunate incident.

Regarding the Work on the scooter, it is going on a VERY SLOW Pace. As i am trying to collect some of the critical items.

Hopefully, i will get them soon. Will keep the thread updated with the latest Updates.

Definitely, i will trouble you in case i require any help. Thanks for the nice gesture buddy.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 16:00   #58
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

DIY Update:
1. The Speedometer Assembly was rusted from the Outer body. Sanded it down with 220, 320 & 600 3M Paper & then Painted it Black.

2. The Engine Fan Cover & Carburetter also Painted Black after Sanding. Will Polish them once the paint is dried off. Front side painted today, the reverse side will be painted soon.

Utilised the Weekend time Pics attached for your eyes:
Attached Thumbnails
Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02188.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02189.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02191.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02192.jpg  

sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 17:57   #59
BHPian
 
priyadarshan.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
DIY Update:
1. The Speedometer Assembly was rusted from the Outer body. Sanded it down with 220, 320 & 600 3M Paper & then Painted it Black.

2. The Engine Fan Cover & Carburetter also Painted Black after Sanding. Will Polish them once the paint is dried off. Front side painted today, the reverse side will be painted soon.

Utilised the Weekend time Pics attached for your eyes:
Hey nice DIY. Looks like you will complete the rest of the restoration on your own..
priyadarshan.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 22:40   #60
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Hey nice DIY. Looks like you will complete the rest of the restoration on your own..
Nice one Buddy..!!

A Very BIG thanks to you for making my day today. I couldnt have dreamt to see so many Classics in a Single Day

Now for the Update time:

1. MRF Nylogrip Tyres-3.50-8: 2 Nos.
2. Chrome Front Mudguard.
3. Long elusive "L" type Stepney Holder: Got it Used from a Scrap Dealer. It is in fantastic condition.
4. Side Panel Beadings.

Some more critical items are still to be collected, mostly Cosmetic.

Waiting for PAVAN Anna to send them.

Will keep updating the thread accordingly. For now, enjoy the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02204.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02205.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02206.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02207.jpg  

Bitten by the Scooter Bug: My 1964 - Vespa 150-dsc02208.jpg  


Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 4th February 2012 at 22:48.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964. chanu Post-War 105 4th July 2017 23:31
To Buy or Not to Buy!! Bitten again by Gypsy bug -Jeep Captain JeepCaptain 4x4 Vehicles 35 14th January 2014 17:38
Bitten by the Team-BHP bug! Leistung Introduce yourself 2 6th February 2012 11:03
Bitten by Jeep bug- Lookout for buying (now bought CL340) Ym-enjn 4x4 Vehicles 103 3rd February 2012 14:20
Bitten by the Ford bug-Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair arnabchak Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 19th September 2011 12:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks