Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2012, 14:31   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kochi
Posts: 86
Thanked: 20 Times
Default VW Beetle/1969

A friends 1969 Beetle, recently restored, a labour of love, sheer passion.Its yet incomplete, awaiting the arrival of some mechanical spares and cosmetic bits.
Cheers,
SG
Attached Thumbnails
VW Beetle/1969-20072012094.jpg  

VW Beetle/1969-20072012096.jpg  

VW Beetle/1969-20072012097.jpg  

Attached Images
     
sunilgee is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 15:41   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Bahrain
Posts: 438
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

That is a very very nice colour and finish.... and i presume the mercedes w124 in the background is yours? :-)
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:37   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee
A friends 1969 Beetle, recently restored, a labour of love, sheer passion.Its yet incomplete, awaiting the arrival of some mechanical spares and cosmetic bits.
Cheers,
SG
Please could you share the shade used. Lovely car . Congrats

Cheers

Last edited by kasli : 22nd July 2012 at 17:39.
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:51   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Yes, yes please share the shade used. I am loving the very nicely done up Bug.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:33   #5
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee View Post
A friends 1969 Beetle, recently restored, a labour of love, sheer passion.Its yet incomplete, awaiting the arrival of some mechanical spares and cosmetic bits.
Cheers,
SG
I somehow seem to remember this car, need to dig out some old pics

It was Red Before and a very original one, with Stock Interiors. This is a pale shade of the original Powder blue, suits the car well.

Do post some pics of the engine bay.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 11:50   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kochi
Posts: 86
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Thank you everyone for your comments.Will ask my friend for the colour code of the shade used and post the same.My friend did mention that some further detailing is to done in the engine bay, will post the pics after the job is done.
Cheers,
SG
sunilgee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 13:26   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATHANAMTHITTA
Posts: 181
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I somehow seem to remember this car, need to dig out some old pics

It was Red Before and a very original one, with Stock Interiors. This is a pale shade of the original Powder blue, suits the car well.

Do post some pics of the engine bay.
Pawan Kadam sir,is this the car u are taking about, the photos sent to me some time before was for sale in ernakulam,
Attached Thumbnails
VW Beetle/1969-imag_0078.jpg  

VW Beetle/1969-imag_0071.jpg  

VW Beetle/1969-imag_0070.jpg  

kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 14:30   #8
BHPian
 
beetle_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Very neatly done up.

Pavan Sir there is no beetle which you don't know. I am still waiting for an email from you saying there is a beetle for sale.

Saleem
beetle_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 15:47   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,731
Thanked: 7,491 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Now this is a superbly done up Beetle. It looks gorgeous in that shade. Please do let us know the colour. The fit and finish really looks flawless. Some work in progress pictures would serve as icing on the cake.

Last edited by dZired : 24th July 2012 at 15:49.
dZired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 18:05   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee View Post
Thank you everyone for your comments.Will ask my friend for the colour code of the shade used and post the same.My friend did mention that some further detailing is to done in the engine bay, will post the pics after the job is done.
Cheers,
SG
Your Friend must be a lucky guy to get a GOOD car in the first place, from the point he picked it up, the car can only get Better. All the Best to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
Pawan Kadam sir,is this the car u are taking about, the photos sent to me some time before was for sale in ernakulam,
Same buddy, you are absolutely right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Very neatly done up.

Pavan Sir there is no beetle which you don't know. I am still waiting for an email from you saying there is a beetle for sale.

Saleem
Saleem, the Beetles keep calling me from all over.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 18:42   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilgee
A friends 1969 Beetle, recently restored, a labour of love, sheer passion.Its yet incomplete, awaiting the arrival of some mechanical spares and cosmetic bits.
Cheers,
SG
Some engine shots please
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 12:16   #12
BHPian
 
nileshdias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 58
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM

I somehow seem to remember this car, need to dig out some old pics

It was Red Before and a very original one, with Stock Interiors. This is a pale shade of the original Powder blue, suits the car well.

Do post some pics of the engine bay.
Pavan, the interior looks white? If pale blue, it suits car very well. It's a gorgeous looking car
nileshdias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 01:09   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Bahrain
Posts: 438
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
Pawan Kadam sir,is this the car u are taking about, the photos sent to me some time before was for sale in ernakulam,
I wonder how much it finally sold for. I remember this red car being offered too. But then how can one be sure that the pastel blue and the red are one and the same?
Also the red was quite complete in all respects if i remember correctly. Wonder what mechanical spares are needed?
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:51   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,402
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: VW Beetle/1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
I wonder how much it finally sold for. I remember this red car being offered too. But then how can one be sure that the pastel blue and the red are one and the same?
Also the red was quite complete in all respects if i remember correctly. Wonder what mechanical spares are needed?
i dont know whether the red one and blue one are the same,but the registration number of the blue one ends with ''7''
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1969 Royal Enfield Sherpa 175cc with Villers engine 82rawath Post-War 54 27th July 2015 19:06
Monster 1969 VW Beetle Restoration - EDIT : Delivered PAVAN KADAM Post-War 60 4th February 2013 22:36
Picked up a 1969 Model Bullet.. mail4ajo Motorbikes 33 21st February 2011 11:52
1967 Volkswagen Beetle-Build your own paper beetle Naren4140 Shifting gears 4 5th December 2009 05:16
Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50 samhassnn Post-War 21 2nd May 2009 05:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks