Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 4th September 2013, 11:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Quick-Fix "Refreshtorations" (including a '72 VW Beetle)

Another feather in your cap Pavan ji, looks like you'll soon need a new cap :P

Nice to know the Hawk's back on road after 2 decades, looks majestic & I am sure will be 100% roadworthy by the time all the work is completed (running restoration).
BTW in that engine crank video I noticed that the fan pulley is slightly wobbling, I may be wrong though but just wanted to share my observation.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 12:23   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Another feather in your cap Pavan ji, looks like you'll soon need a new cap :P

Nice to know the Hawk's back on road after 2 decades, looks majestic & I am sure will be 100% roadworthy by the time all the work is completed (running restoration).
BTW in that engine crank video I noticed that the fan pulley is slightly wobbling, I may be wrong though but just wanted to share my observation.
Hi Sagar,

Yes indeed the water pump bearing is worn out. If you would have known Kannada, the discussion at that point during the video was regarding the same.

We plan to replace that eventually, presently we want to run the car continously for some more time for the running parts to set in.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 19:27   #33
BHPian

Great job, Pavan, nice to see this majestic Humber is back and running. Similar Humber is last time seen in Hyderabad, it was army since new.

Humber and Rootes group cars were famous for durability and performance. Wish to see more pictures of Humber, interior dash, engine bay also if you can.

Good luck and love to hear more about this Humber.

Cheers!
vintagepoint5 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote