Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 20th August 2016, 23:01   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

" ITS A HATRIC "

Won the " BEST MAINTAINED CAR " award again this year at the NILGIRIS VINTAGE AND CLASSIC CAR ASSOCIATION rally held at June 2016 it Ooty.

That makes it 3 awards in a row !!!

Best Restored Car Award in 2014
Best Maintained Car Award in 2015
&
Best Maintained Car Award in 2016

Thanks to all the Good Souls for all the help & guidence. I Salute you All !
Thank you from my heart.

I would like to dedicate this Award to the Great Soul & one and only Mr. BEHRAM DHABAR.

WILL MISS YOU DEARLY SIR !!
Attached Images

Drkannant is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 01:49   #197
BHPian

Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Recently went on a jolly ride along with few like minded FIATIANS from Coimbatore to Yercaud, a hill station about 250 km from Coimbatore. To our surprise it was a mind blowing 550 km drive to an fro and 2 days of fun. The cars just did fine up the hills of about 35 km with 21 steep hairpin bends.

My Millecento was so smooth up the hills and was so happy that my engine had set in so well after the recent complete engine overhaul. I had practically changed everything in the engine. The Pistons, rings, camshaft, crank shaft, all bearing, valves. The engine was rebored and the entire clutch assembly with plates was changed. The differential pinion wheels and bearings was also changed.

The entire spares that I had mentioned above was all new. Thank god I was able to procure all of them here in Coimbatore. Some spares like cam shaft, crank shaft and Pistons, my mechanic late Mr. Adhinarayanan had in stock with him, all new in their original packs. Iam really thankful to him for that.
Over a period of 1 year, after my engine work we both did about 2000 km of flat drives before I took it up the hills to Ooty for the vintage rally held in June.

It was such a pleasant drive to Yercaud that now we have decided to make it a regular affair. Our next drive is to Mysore, again about 250 km from Coimbatore. Seriously looking forward to it.

Few pictures of the recent Yercaud drive. Thank you.
Attached Images

Drkannant is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote