Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 20:21   #61
BHPian
 
Drkannant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Hi, few pictures of the front part of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father-20130904_175111.jpg  

Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father-20130904_175131.jpg  

Drkannant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 21:20   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,833 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Hi, few pictures of the front part of the car.
Dear Kannan ji, it seems your dream shall be realized soon, the workmanship shows clearly the efforts put in by you and the mechanics. Eager to see the finished product. Any approx date of finishing the job of car?

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 13:27   #63
BHPian
 
Drkannant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

Dear Kannan ji, it seems your dream shall be realized soon, the workmanship shows clearly the efforts put in by you and the mechanics. Eager to see the finished product. Any approx date of finishing the job of car?

AD
Thanks for the comforting words Mr. AD.
Because lately there has been lot of criticism on the restoration which was very depressing and Your words is very refreshing. Thanks.

About finishing of the car , may be it may take another month. Will keep posted as and when thing happens.
Drkannant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2013, 13:35   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,833 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

@kannan ji, i accept your praise with utmost respect and humblness. See i believe efforts for restoration need an applause, may be, earlier some improvisation was to be done on certain criterias of the restoration which had been told to you. Just accept it in a positive way. And for sure your car will be a superbly done up vehicle.

AD
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 10:18   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,376
Thanked: 6,220 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Thanks for the comforting words Mr. AD.
Because lately there has been lot of criticism on the restoration which was very depressing and Your words is very refreshing. Thanks.
Drkannant, don't mistake the concern shown by members as criticism. We are a close knit community and I am sure people are genuinely wishing that the car turns out spectacular.

Your intentions are noble, and that is the only thing that matters. You are not preparing a car to win a show, but simply to honour your father's memory, and in my book that is more than any prize winner!
karlosdeville is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 11:31   #66
BHPian
 
Drkannant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Drkannant, don't mistake the concern shown by members as criticism. We are a close knit community and I am sure people are genuinely wishing that the car turns out spectacular.

Your intentions are noble, and that is the only thing that matters. You are not preparing a car to win a show, but simply to honour your father's memory, and in my book that is more than any prize winner!
Thanks Karl, I know all that is said is for the car to come out fine. Just got a little emotional when after such so much effort and time spent on the car and when u come to know that the work is not correct, you feel let down thats all.

Any way thanks a ton Karl.
Drkannant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 13:37   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,833 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
I know all that is said is for the car to come out fine. Just got a little emotional when after such so much effort and time spent on the car and when u come to know that the work is not correct, you feel let down thats all.
Dear Dr. Kannan, I can understand your feelings, and as karl said all that matters are your pure intensions. You know 1st time when i posted the pics of my 2 year old Honda city Ivtec with modifications, I too got replies from our forum mates about reworking on certain aspects to make it look nice. I today am thankful to them as now my car looks very nice. i believe that nobody criticised you rather they gave you a purpose to improvise upon your dream car and believe me after seeing the end product you wont regret what was advised to you by the forum.

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 20:39   #68
BHPian
 
Drkannant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Thanks Karl, I know all that is said is for the car to come out fine. Just got a little emotional when after such so much effort and time spent on the car and when u come to know that the work is not correct, you feel let down thats all.

Any way thanks a ton Karl.
Karl any suggestions on the painting work. Actually was planning to retain the same red colour that dad was so fond of, but thinking of changing the colour to something of the dark shade like dark brown, navy blue, deep grey etc. Any suggestions on this.
Drkannant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 21:21   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,833 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Actually was planning to retain the same red colour that dad was so fond of, but thinking of changing the colour to something of the dark shade like dark brown, navy blue, deep grey etc. Any suggestions on this.
Dr. Kannan, i think go for 2 tone shade like roof and pillars white and rest in red. I guess it will look fantastic with complementing upholstry (see pics). And ya get the rims painted in black or silver with white marking on the tyres.

AD
Attached Images
  
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 21:57   #70
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16,776
Thanked: 5,270 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

I second ^^, go for two tone. White roof with A B Pillar and Red body. My grand uncle had the car in this colour combo and it was really awesome ^ and the seats also are a nice idea.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 10:25   #71
BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 995
Thanked: 1,039 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

The choice of RED is great. If you are restoring it in memory of your father, then do go back to his favorite color.
Here is something to motivate you more:
Name:  Photo 101210 22 22 57.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  136.3 KB
Name:  Photo 101210 22 23 18.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  119.4 KB
Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father-photo-060112-16-04-45.jpg

Raab rakha.
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 10:33   #72
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,376
Thanked: 6,220 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Karl any suggestions on the painting work. Actually was planning to retain the same red colour that dad was so fond of, but thinking of changing the colour to something of the dark shade like dark brown, navy blue, deep grey etc. Any suggestions on this.
I assume the car was bright red for many years, and would have become identified with the car. Having said that, maybe you could go for a darker shade to make it more period correct. I believe the originals did come in a shade of deep red/maroon, so I would recommend that.

I would not recommend two tone shades as they were not offered here on these models.
karlosdeville is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 13:55   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 1,833 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Dr Kannan, Good Afternoon, As you desire to restore the dream car to its original red shade. I hereby give a shade card of different shades of red with specific name. Pic the best one. Hope it helps.

thanks

AD
Attached Images
 
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 15:56   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,372
Thanked: 550 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

To help you Dr. Kannan, here are some shade cards

Name:  duco1.gif
Views: 1699
Size:  210.4 KB

Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father-fiat500_colors.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 16:51   #75
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,482 Times
Default Re: Restoration of MDN 6494 ('55 Millecento) - In remembrance of my Father

Dear Drkannant - hello once again after a long time. In my opinion, red color does not suit the period bodyline of a classic 1956 fiat. The all time favorite is black, but then you will need white sidewall tires which are extremely difficult if not impossible to procure. Without white sidewall tires, black car will not look nice. It will be nice to go for a lighter shade, of course final choice will be yours alone.

Please remove everything mechanical from the body shell including chassis when you paint the car, otherwise you will not get perfect result.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1956 Fiat Millecento Restoration beetle_boy Post-War 78 1st October 2015 14:01
Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento ariesonu Post-War 159 14th December 2013 09:55
My 1956 Fiat Millecento Restoration Project spike Post-War 51 24th September 2013 14:28
Restoration of a NOMAD's 1954 Fiat Millecento- DELIVERED PAVAN KADAM Post-War 117 15th March 2013 13:58
1956 Fiat Millecento restoration and overhaul eternalck Post-War 11 17th January 2010 21:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks