Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2013, 14:38   #1
h14
BHPian
 
h14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CBE/BLR
Posts: 802
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Well, many would have know about my Select, somehow I missed to start a thread for her. So here we go, I picked her up in Nov 2012. Its a wonderful car that was restored perfectly. Its far superior than my Super Select.

The paint job and attention to detail was just too good. The rear windshield and the roof upholstery are OE ones! Has magnetti marelli OE parts and some "Made in Italy" markings in others. One of a kind for sure. Blessed to have such a car!

Moreover this car has not be driven for the last 8 yrs! 5-6 yrs for the resto job and then it has been parked in the garage. But drives brilliantly. Niggling issues might come up, but nothing is gonna be serious.

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-1.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-2.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-3.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-4.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-5.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-6.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-7.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-8.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-9.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-10.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-11.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-12.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-13.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-14.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-15.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-16.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-17.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-18.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-19.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-20.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-21.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-22.jpg

Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-dsc_0543.jpg

She's been driving well in city, but haven't taken her out on highways. Friday will be her maiden long drive after many many years as I'm taking her to Coonoor for the vintage rally along with my Super Select.
h14 is offline   (19) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 20:00   #2
BHPian
 
sawnilrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 785 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

@ H14, that's a true Fiat Fan I must say... All your Fiat's look stunning. Congratulations on your newest Fiat. I must say even the Fiat Select is a "looker" and give its most modern brother a run for its money when it comes to the "looks" department... Kudos once again on the acquisition and Safe Motoring...

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2013 at 14:09. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 20:22   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
@ H14, that's a true Fiat Fan I must say... All your Fiat's look stunning. Congratulations on your newest Fiat. I must say even the Fiat Select is a "looker" and give its most modern brother a run for its money when it comes to the "looks" department... Kudos once again on the acquisition and Safe Motoring...
Hi,wait till our dear Ravi ji,notices this and he will go out of his flat window to see if his select is there or STOLEN and is at your place......pls dont get offended ,as Ravi is also having similar select..
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 20:58   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,404
Thanked: 4,092 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
The paint job and attention to detail was just too good. The rear windshield and the roof upholstery are OE ones! Has magnetti marelli OE parts and some "Made in Italy" markings in others. One of a kind for sure. Blessed to have such a car!
Absolutely jaw dropping work! Undoubtedly one of the best restoration job I've seen.
Body panel finish is as good as factory. How long did it take to get here?
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 20:58   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
pls dont get offended ,as Ravi is also having similar select..
Sirjee, Ravi's fiat is NOT Select but a SUPER-SELECT! The successor of Select.
You just need to look at his handle "Superselect" to know! :P

It is painted in a similar colour combo though.
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 21:31   #6
BHPian
 
narendra.vw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangaloru
Posts: 291
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

I liked the color choice .It looks more of OE. In my younger days my father had a safari ,It had same instrument cluster. I loved to see the red tape increase as speed increased.Its really great you have still retained it. Does the dash indicator light(rotating the nob, light can be made dim)still work.
narendra.vw is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 22:09   #7
h14
BHPian
 
h14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CBE/BLR
Posts: 802
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi,wait till our dear Ravi ji,notices this and he will go out of his flat window to see if his select is there or STOLEN and is at your place......pls dont get offended ,as Ravi is also having similar select..
Understand Iqbal! Ravi ji has seen this car long back when I posted on FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Absolutely jaw dropping work! Undoubtedly one of the best restoration job I've seen.
Body panel finish is as good as factory. How long did it take to get here?
Thx a ton Rudra! Yes the workmanship is amazing. When I went to see the car, I was awestruck. Did not even bother to start the engine and see. I drove it only after buying it.

The restoration took 5 yrs is what the mech told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
I liked the color choice .It looks more of OE. In my younger days my father had a safari ,It had same instrument cluster. I loved to see the red tape increase as speed increased.Its really great you have still retained it. Does the dash indicator light(rotating the nob, light can be made dim)still work.
Thx narendra.vw! I was not aware of the light until you told me. Will check it out this weekend when I visit Coimbatore.

Last edited by h14 : 29th May 2013 at 22:12.
h14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 23:19   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

My God! What an unbelievably beautiful and original Select..

Hats off to you bro, this is such a fabulous find!! Keep her well, enjoy miles and miles of blissful motoring
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 07:12   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, AU
Posts: 844
Thanked: 587 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Absolutely stunning piece of work there. The paint job and color choice is fantastic. You are a true Fiat fan . Now time to add a Punto to the fleet..
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 10:24   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 949 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Hearty Congratulations Anand..It would be good to fit OE Fiat wheels caps, like the below ones which I have on my Delight.
They are available in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!-delight-hub-cap.jpg  

hillram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 11:52   #11
h14
BHPian
 
h14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CBE/BLR
Posts: 802
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
My God! What an unbelievably beautiful and original Select..

Hats off to you bro, this is such a fabulous find!! Keep her well, enjoy miles and miles of blissful motoring
Thanks again Ravi Ji

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Absolutely stunning piece of work there. The paint job and color choice is fantastic. You are a true Fiat fan . Now time to add a Punto to the fleet..
MaxTorque, thanks a ton! Just added an S10 to the garage. So a Punto has to wait for more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hearty Congratulations Anand..It would be good to fit OE Fiat wheels caps, like the below ones which I have on my Delight.
They are available in Hyderabad.
Thx again Ram Sir! Can you help me to source the caps if still available? Always been on the hunt for one.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 12:28   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 949 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post



Thx again Ram Sir! Can you help me to source the caps if still available? Always been on the hunt for one.
Sure Anand.I will source them for you.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 12:36   #13
BHPian
 
samarth.bhatia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 412
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

The 1100 looks beautiful! Everything from the exterior paint job to the engine bay and the interiors looks factory spec.. I often wonder how you guys manage to restore these vehicles. It must take a huge amount of patience and effort.
Congratulations on this feat. Is there a thread on the other wonderful Fiats parked in your garage? It's quite a collection

Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 12:54   #14
h14
BHPian
 
h14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CBE/BLR
Posts: 802
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Sure Anand.I will source them for you.
Thanks a lot Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
The 1100 looks beautiful! Everything from the exterior paint job to the engine bay and the interiors looks factory spec.. I often wonder how you guys manage to restore these vehicles. It must take a huge amount of patience and effort.
Congratulations on this feat. Is there a thread on the other wonderful Fiats parked in your garage? It's quite a collection

Cheers,
Sam
Thx Sam! No seperate thread. But have individual threads! The only guy missing in this group photos is my S10 which was after this picture was taken.

Link to my other threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...er-select.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rship-log.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ished-too.html (Blessed with a Palio S10! Refurbished it too)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rship-log.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...y-my-amby.html (The Story of my Amby)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...l-enfield.html (Presenting my Bull - 1962 Royal Enfield)

Last edited by h14 : 30th May 2013 at 12:57.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 15:54   #15
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Introducing my 1960 Fiat Select!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Well, many would have know about my Select, somehow I missed to start a thread for her. So here we go, I picked her up in Nov 2012. Its a wonderful car that was restored perfectly. Its far superior than my Super Select.
Wow the Fiats are seriously a feast for the eyes, especially the new addition to your pristine and fine collection of the fiats, great, you are taking good care of them and it feels great to see good things in good hands.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 30th May 2013 at 16:15. Reason: Removing entire quote
inderpalgill is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoration of "Vinty", a 1960 Fiat Select 1100! CAC444 Post-War 105 10th December 2016 01:13
BMC 8903 - A 1960 Fiat Select - Here I go again! DHABHAR.BEHRAM Post-War 81 5th June 2015 14:55
My 1960 Fiat 1100 Attari Post-War 72 26th August 2011 21:00
Calcutta-1960's Jaguar Mark 10-restoration john a milne Post-War 3 28th November 2009 15:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks