Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 19th December 2013, 10:17   #16
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: The first Indian Scooter - Atlanta

Hari Shankar drops the following note:

I am very glad to see the posting by Foby Sebastian about the first Indian Scooter- Atlanta.

I am Hari Shankar, Son of Sri. P. S. Thankappan- the project director of the Atlanta Scooter project and whose name is mentioned in the write up. By any standards, the Atlanta Scooter project was a wonderful achievement- the prototype was almost hand made, with the components made using ordinary Engine lathes and milling machines.

It was made by a team of 32 blacksmiths. The whole design was given by Mr. N H Raj Kumar. It was my Father who converted that design in to a reality. The sad part is that such a work never received the acknowledgement which was due and largely went unnoticed. I have with me the carburater of the scooter.

Also, in my collection i have the speedometer which was hand made. I would like to thank Foby for posting this and also to Team BHP for bringing this into light. Thank you Hari
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:28   #17
Default Re: The first Indian Scooter - Atlanta

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2014 at 14:30.
thecoolsundar is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction