Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 13th October 2016, 14:57   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Smokey the rabbit - 1980 VW Golf

This is indeed a tragedy.

How can people be so irresponsible? Also sometimes I wonder why such things happen in a string to one individual.

I have had similar setbacks in a series but not related to cars. Waiting for updates
autocrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 21:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post

I headed back to the bus stand and asked one of the guy's who had helped me what I owe them for their trouble. He put up his hand and said "Friendship isn't here" as he rubbed his fingers together, "It's here" as he touched his chest.

It is because of people like these one's faith in humanity is kept alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post

The municipality destroyed and took the car(no photographic proof). The car was parked in the compound but they said they took it to the road temporarily during a renovation and the municipality took the car away without a warning! It sounded fishy but I still had another car which I didn't want to lose aswell. Mr.D promised to do things right again after this loss.

After suffering so much why you did again sent your car to the same workshop? By now you should have realized that you are dealing with a conman and you should have taken someone else’s help.
Feel sorry for you and I hope you don't deal with this thug anymore.
PraNeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 18:13   #48

Hi DRC, I'm based in Johannesburg, South Africa; A Mecca for the VW Mk1. Please get in touch with me should you need any help locating parts for the car. There are ton of these cars here and I personally have plans to buy an old Mk1 and restore/upgrade it to what my version of a perfect Mk1 is.

Dont lose hope...
adityap1981 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote