Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 19:26   #166
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
Yes, I know Maxwell Toys. I have one Premier President scale model since childhood and its the reason for my passion for fiats.
It was taxi model, but with time it has changed colours with my actual padmini.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I have one too, have posted it.
Waaah....I want one too!!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 23:00   #167
BHPian
 
Mehul1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kangayam, TN
Posts: 240
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Padmini scale model

My scale model picture, same as my car colour. I love both the beauties.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0209.jpg  

Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 02:28   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
My scale model picture, same as my car colour. I love both the beauties.
Nice one Mehul.. you did the painting yourself ?
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 13:39   #169
BHPian
 
Mehul1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kangayam, TN
Posts: 240
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Yes, but it needs re painting, before this i had red colour fiat so it was red as you can see.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image084.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0029.jpg  

Attached Images
 
Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 19:28   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

I would like to have comments on the conversion of a Padmini to a President model. As my family owned this model before, was looking out for this model but haven't found it till date. All the cars which i came across were missing the cosmetic bits such as PAL horn button, PRESIDENT badge etc. So thought why not to convert a Padmini BE to President.
Thus, want to know what parts are needed for the conversion apart from the said items.
1. President meter with old type meter console along with toggle switches.
2. Vertical PAL logo Horn button.
3. Rubber Bulb windshield washer system.
4. Pull type(rexine made) handle cover plate.
5. Grooved side pattis.
6. President model Aluminum Grill with Vertical PAL logo.
7. Round shaped side repeaters.
8. Aluminum tail and plate lights.
9. President badge.
10. President model half wheel covers.
11. Stainless steel wiper blades.

Our fellow TBHPian Stanher(a.k.a. Shyam) has poured a very valuable comment which is to use a 1980-1986 model Padmini BE for the conversion project as these cars boast oil bath air filter, bypass oil filter, et al which are common for the president model.

So i would like to have comments on this project as there are not many presidents surviving here and if not dealt with the President model will soon be a history.
I would be delighted if someone can post the detailed pics of the car, especially the parts which are to be used for conversion.

BTW one of the motivation factor behind this conversion is this too.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0082.jpg  


Last edited by samsag12 : 5th June 2010 at 19:47.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 20:02   #171
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Makeover from "PADMINI" to "PRESIDENT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I would like to have comments on the conversion of a Padmini to a President model. As my family owned this model before, was looking out for this model but haven't found it till date. All the cars which i came across were missing the cosmetic bits such as PAL horn button, PRESIDENT badge etc. So thought why not to convert a Padmini BE to President.
Thus, want to know what parts are needed for the conversion apart from the said items.
1. President meter with old type meter console along with toggle switches.
2. Vertical PAL logo Horn button.
3. Rubber Bulb windshield washer system.
4. Pull type(rexine made) handle cover plate.
5. Grooved side pattis.
6. President model Aluminum Grill with Vertical PAL logo.
7. Round shaped side repeaters.
8. Aluminum tail and plate lights.
9. President badge.
10. President model half wheel covers.
11. Stainless steel wiper blades.

Our fellow TBHPian Stanher(a.k.a. Shyam) has poured a very valuable comment which is to use a 1980-1986 model Padmini BE for the conversion project as these cars boast oil bath air filter, bypass oil filter, et al which are common for the president model.

So i would like to have comments on this project as there are not many presidents surviving here and if not dealt with the President model will soon be a history.
I would be delighted if someone can post the detailed pics of the car, especially the parts which are to be used for conversion.

BTW one of the motivation factor behind this conversion is this too.
Hi Sagar,

Welcome to the PRESIDENT fan club!
You have a brilliant project in mind.

I fully agree with you that the PREMIER PRESIDENTS have become very rare to find and are one classic example of a wonderful FIAT 1100 ever produced in India. The idea of converting an '80 to '86 model PADMINI is perfect as Shyam has suggested, as it will obviously share some vital parts as you've mentioned.
I can see that you have very thoughtfully collected the required OH REE G NAL fitments and trim (A-grade condition speedo too) and all you need to plan is a Period Paint shade and likewise Period interiors. Try and source secondhand SMC quality Bumpers and guards which will really add to the OH REE G NAL looks and also (if available at your end) thin white walls to add to the VOW factor.
Last but not the least, try to find a VIRGIN car as far as possible with a good bodyline and one whose body has not been worked upon too much, besides having a non-computerised Period number. Because, at the end of the day even with a professional restoration, it shouldn't be an eyesore to see a PRESIDENT with a Computerised registration plate.
This is all that I could think of and I shall post a few pictures of my car hoping that they are not already posted earlier on this thread.

Wishing you all the very BESHT.

Rony Vesuna
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-cimg6215.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image1085.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image1086.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image1087.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image1092.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-cimg7417.jpg  

President is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 20:44   #172
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Thanks for the reply and your kind words. FYI the meter posted above is not what it was when i purchased. I restored it back to some extent. Have a look at this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1743297-post68.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1749335-post82.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1750969-post83.html
BTW Thanks a lot for those pics and i would be very grateful to you if you can post some good interior pics too for reference. Will keep the no. plate thing in mind along with the bumpers and thin whitewalls(a bit hard to find).
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 20:54   #173
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Premier President Speedometer

Sagar, your passion and enthusiasm is evident after seeing your pictures of transforming the old and tired Speedometer and console to factory condition.

I must say that it is hard to find another PRESIDENT Speedometer today in this condition.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 20:58   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Sagar, your passion and enthusiasm is evident after seeing your pictures of transforming the old and tired Speedometer and console to factory condition.

I must say that it is hard to find another PRESIDENT Speedometer today in this condition.
OK sir to take this further i found another President model speedometer but as it was still on the car i managed to get the toggle switches and front plate out from it. Have PMed you the pics of the switches and plate. Do have a look at them. So this means that there is one more similar condition meter coming up in few days along with the delight meter(hopefully).

Last edited by samsag12 : 7th June 2010 at 21:16.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 21:31   #175
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
OK sir to take this further i found another President model speedometer but as it was still on the car i managed to get the toggle switches and front plate out from it. Have PMed you the pics of the switches and plate. Do have a look at them. So this means that there is one more similar condition meter coming up in few days along with the delight meter(hopefully).
Vow! now we know someone who specialises in Speedometer refurbishing.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 21:52   #176
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Vow! now we know someone who specialises in Speedometer refurbishing.
thanks for the complement. Yes you (and anybody) can seriously consider me a good refurbisher of fiat//PP meters. I would be more than happy to carry out this work as now i have some sample before and after pics for reference.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 21:43   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Today i got some more addition to the President collection stuff. Bought a President meter with full Vaccum Temperature Wire. Also bought a delight meter for future needs to the FCL community. And in the process, flicked the jewel light from the car(1100D) Pics followed enjoy.And comments are most welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0368.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0369.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0370.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0371.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0374.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0364.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0365.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0366.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0373.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0376.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-image0377.jpg  

samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 21:50   #178
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 118
Thanked: Once
Default

^^Sagar: You are doing a very good job by saving all these rare Fiat parts! Is the temp wire of Delight meter in good shape?
FiatMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 22:03   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
^^Sagar: You are doing a very good job by saving all these rare Fiat parts! Is the temp wire of Delight meter in good shape?
I doubt its condition. For the idea have a look at the 9th pic from above of my post. Also the meter casing of the delight is cracked at many places and i am wondering as how to join it. Should i use Feviquick or is there some other good sealant available.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 22:18   #180
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Hi sagar,

You are headed in the right direction for collecting these rare parts before executing the restoration project.
Keep it up buddy! Way to go.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread adheesh Post-War 1617 13th November 2017 16:40
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE! arun1100 Post-War 343 11th May 2017 16:57
Modded Premier Padminis (Fiat 1100) salilpawar1 Modifications & Accessories 444 21st February 2017 14:36
The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D) Ram The Indian Car Scene 391 1st February 2016 07:42
Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club-Original 1974 Premier President arun1100 Post-War 49 21st January 2015 19:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks