Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 27th August 2007, 18:28   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
Adding a picture of my 1955 millecento
ImageShack - Hosting :: frontsidetk7.jpg
Looks immaculate to me. Can we have a few more pictures please?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 21:54   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
Adding a picture of my 1955 millecento
ImageShack - Hosting :: frontsidetk7.jpg

Welcome Farhan, was wondering what took you so long to find us!

Gentlemen, Farhan has one of the best restored 54 Fiats I have ever seen, with tremendous attention to detail. Here are some more pics.

karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 22:10   #18
BHPian

Default Dac 9764

Thanks Karl. Havent been able to figure out how to post the pictures direcly on the site. Actually i created one page at geocities for this fiat today. check out more pics on Fiat Millecento
farhan_kidwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 22:30   #19
Team-BHP Support

Great pics. Infact im restoring a 55 for a friend, and have been meaning to call you for tips. Will drop you a line later.

Cheers
Old 28th August 2007, 15:18   #20
BHPian

wud love to help you out with your vehicle in whatever way i can.
farhan_kidwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 19:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

was sent this picture of this fiat it is a 62 model that is what i am being told. could you guys shed some light. i have no clue about fiats. karl, cyrus president please help. unfortunately this is the only picture i have. would it be worth buying?

speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 20:34   #22

WORTH BUYING!!! Grab it man, Prices are going up by day. Fiats are easy to restore. Buy it as long as you have the patience & money to restore it. By the way, whats the asking Price??
bobby.fdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 21:53   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi speedy,
From what I can make out in the pic., the car doesnt have any front quaterglass on either side, meaning its a select, although its been fitted with the later super select (62-64) front grille & hood ornament. Have you not rec'd any other pics. of the car?
It looks like it needs restoration although from the front end view looks restorable enough. How much is it going for?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 22:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi stanher,
it is going cheap but the car is in another city not in delhi so traveling just to have a look at a fiat and that too if it is not worth it makes no sense. so i am waiting for a few other cars to come up for sale then i can go and have a look at them together. the same fellow has a pair of morris 8's for sale too one hard top and the other conv.
there are no other pictures sent to me unfortunately. the car is restorable that does not worry me one bit. the guy says it is a 62 model and not in running condition. the car is as it was when he got it from the owner and nothing has been changed. so does that mean it is not good enough. 1100 engine right or lower.
Old 28th August 2007, 22:37   #25
Team-BHP Support

Dont break your head over the car unless youer getting it with clear papers below ten thousand bucks. it doesnt look special, It isnt worth the hassel. Super Selects can still be had in Pune and Bombay, and ideally look for a car with a clean body. Everything else is a piece of cake, and saves you the major expense of tin work.
Old 28th August 2007, 22:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby.fdz View Post
WORTH BUYING!!! Grab it man, Prices are going up by day. Fiats are easy to restore. Buy it as long as you have the patience & money to restore it. By the way, whats the asking Price??
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Dont break your head over the car unless youer getting it with clear papers below ten thousand bucks. it doesnt look special, It isnt worth the hassel. Super Selects can still be had in Pune and Bombay, and ideally look for a car with a clean body. Everything else is a piece of cake, and saves you the major expense of tin work.
been restoreing vintage cars from 94 and have restored cars that have been writen off by people so this car is a cake walk in comparision.
i have not persued this car as i wanted to know from the fiat experts if it is worth it or not.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:05   #27
Team-BHP Support

Which is why im saying, dont bother you'll get better ones. If youre genuinely interested, I promise you ill find you a nice car in Pune. PM details like your budget and expected condition, model preference etc.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:07   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Dont break your head over the car unless youer getting it with clear papers below ten thousand bucks.
I doubt if its really possible to get a car with clear papers for that low an amount, even if a non-runner.....this doesnt even look like a total rustbucket to hope for that low!
Also as I said, I dont see any quarterlights on it plus its got the select trim under the front windscreen, so its definitely a select with s.select fittings...

Last edited by Stanher : 28th August 2007 at 23:16.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 23:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

i am not interestested in the fiat just thought since it came my way. did not want it going to the scrapper. i got bigger cars which i am working on buying. thanks for the offer karl will keep it in mind. am working on a fiat of a different kind, if i get it you will be proud.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:42   #30
BANNED

i personally think karl is right..i dont think that car is a sensible buy...as karl said u will get better ones...ask karl about 5540 and 3112 and he will tell u exctly what i am talking about....
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote