Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:41   #691
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Here are some pictures of my new Delite. Interior pictures to follow soon!
Wow, congrats Cy! 'looks like a decent car (for Bbay climate!)

'hope to see her turn out as decent as your 2 other fiats!

Btw, I reckon this is a '67 delight, as mine is.

If you need one, I have an original (aluminium) grille in good shape, with the badge. Plus I think I hve one aluminium numberplate light lying around.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:41   #692
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Is Cyrus getting into a new profession??

And what profession would that be ishhan??

@jaggu, we havent decided the theme yet. Lets see.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:42   #693
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Is Cyrus getting into a new profession??

NEW?? 'doesnt even have a current one for that matter, does he?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:45   #694
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, congrats Cy! 'looks like a decent car (for Bbay climate!)

'hope to see her turn out as decent as your 2 other fiats!

Btw, I reckon this is a '67 delight, as mine is.

If you need one, I have an original (aluminium) grille in good shape, with the badge. Plus I think I hve one aluminium numberplate light lying around.
The grille is temporarily lying at home with the badge. And as far as i remember, i also have a couple of numberplate lights.

Also, You are right, this is a 67 Delite. Also, except for one, all the int handles are alluminium original. Also, the original Dynamo is still running. It also has the original Metallic fan!! AND, specially for roni, it also has original LUCAS-MADE IN ENGLAND lights. The only thing not original in the int is a MOMO steering Wheel which is around 25 years old now!!


And no, i still dont have a profession.....welll...sort of!!


Edit: It also has the original Delite Console.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 22nd September 2008 at 21:47.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:59   #695
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
AND, specially for roni, it also has original LUCAS-MADE IN ENGLAND lights.
You do plan to retain those even after restoring herI hope? IF NOT, I'd be interested in them.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:19   #696
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

nice car, hope to see it in a good shape.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:22   #697
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 906
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Will post some pictures tomorrow. It has some "VERY" original fittings!! I am sure Rony will enjoy this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
AND, specially for Rony, it also has original LUCAS-MADE IN ENGLAND lights. The only thing not original in the int is a MOMO steering Wheel which is around 25 years old now!!
Congratulations Behram and Cyrus.
YES!! Good to have a 67 in the FCCCI- Mumbai club too, now.
(I guess this is the 1st '67, isn't it?)
Now we have a variety of most of the FIAT models.
Although the bodywork does need some usual attention and professional touch, however, Cyrus you should really try and make THIS one as ORIGINAL to the "T".
which, I'm sure you already have all the missing and original spare fittings, with you in stock.
Good Luck!!! And ALL THE BESHT!!!!cheers:
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:51   #698
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Wow Cyrus, that's a beauty you've got yourself.. Where in heaven did you guys get her ??
Was snooping around the colony as usual last evening (my sunday evening stroll with MRX 6839), and WHAM, there she was !
So I got the scoop first - Yesss ! YYesss !! I think I could be a good scoop guy for TBHP, no ? You could call my column "BEAN there, done that"
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 01:10   #699
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
And what profession would that be ishhan??

Ummm.....let's just say you would function as an agent in the second oldest profession in the world!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:57   #700
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Congrats Cy fro the new member if your Fiat family.
Got a peek of it last night when i was driving by but was too dark to actually check it out.
Now lets get back to the discussion of Cy's LHD fiat. Thats what the thread is for isnt it guys?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:25   #701
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats Cy fro the new member if your Fiat family.
Got a peek of it last night when i was driving by but was too dark to actually check it out.
Now lets get back to the discussion of Cy's LHD fiat. Thats what the thread is for isnt it guys?
Me thinks the thread should be renamed as "The Dhabhar's Fiats" or something!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:42   #702
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,659 Times
Default

Dear all - MRF6466 is completely original. It has covered only some 70000 odd kilometers in 41 years. It was owned by one person from 1967 till now. The engine, transmission, propeller shaft and axle have never been opened. Even the rotor inside the distributor is original. I have kept the original wheel caps at home and put other wheel caps for the time being. All the documentation is perfect. The passing certificate is valid till 2010. I have to change the muffler as it is not original and it is also choked. Even the starter motor is original. The car was always parked in a closed garage. The car needs corrosion attention for restoration. This is unavoidable in Mumbai but is very well do-able. Just for information. Thank you for the good comments.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:19   #703
BHPian
 
adheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 526
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Congratulations on your latest addition to the car family. What plans do you have for this car?? What about red and white paint combination Cyrus??

Best Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 23:03   #704
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 728
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - MRF6466 is completely original. It has covered only some 70000 odd kilometers in 41 years. It was owned by one person from 1967 till now. The engine, transmission, propeller shaft and axle have never been opened. Even the rotor inside the distributor is original. I have kept the original wheel caps at home and put other wheel caps for the time being. All the documentation is perfect. The passing certificate is valid till 2010. I have to change the muffler as it is not original and it is also choked. Even the starter motor is original. The car was always parked in a closed garage. The car needs corrosion attention for restoration. This is unavoidable in Mumbai but is very well do-able. Just for information. Thank you for the good comments.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

What
one more ???? Hope you are not inviting trouble at home.

Anyways congrats, I guess a time will come when Jame Jamshed Rd, will be filled with Exceptional Fiats.


@ Behram- wont say how it looks, because if I say, you'll say Isko Banane ka hain.
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 23:07   #705
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
What
one more ???? Hope you are not inviting trouble at home.

Anyways congrats, I guess a time will come when Jame Jamshed Rd, will be filled with Exceptional Fiats.


@ Behram- wont say how it looks, because if I say, you'll say Isko Banane ka hain.
Look who decided to login!!! FINALLY!! Where have you been??

Anyways, Adheesh, it all depends on dad you know!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Left Hand Drive Spotted. tush The Indian Car Scene 8 23rd June 2009 11:01
Left Hand Drive GreenHex The Indian Car Scene 41 25th May 2009 13:51
Left Hand Drive Cars sunilgee Vintage Cars & Classics in India 3 1st April 2009 15:26
Left Hand Drive Tata Sierra..(sorry no pics) SRK Modifications & Accessories 19 31st January 2009 01:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks