Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 18:43   #481
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,402
Thanked: 932 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Why on Earth is going on between ajay and Pavan.. Ajay i dont think there is a necessity to write a AGAINST post for every post Pavan makes.
Please Chill.. Use this forum to enlighten each other not fight and impose ones superiority.. Everyone on this forum is an enthu and this is a learning process for everyone here on tbhp.. Talking is Easy, But Doing it Isnt so Simple. I usually dont go around posting such "preachings" but I was very annoyed by such a thing happening and no one intervened since long time..
I am not in favour of Pavan nor against Ajay just my 2 cents to keep this TBHP family together as a Happy One..

Anyways, Pavan, You are doing a Nice Job.. It takes immense efforts to take on such restorations, and lot goes into making cars of such vintage "Runners" let alone bringing them to pristine conditions.. and I feel that one should take efforts to bring a particular car to its ORIGINALITY.. but a few things here and there dont matter much as long as the car is saved and restored.. cos that is the need of the Day

Keep up the Excellent Job..

Regards
Shreeram
Dear shreeram,
I fully agree with your ""preaching"".Kindly note that I have posted only in those specific instances where there is a misrepresentation of facts or wrong information has been put in.This is done definitely to improve the knowledge of novices like me and many others in the forum.
For example in the last post,Pawan has said ""NOS used "' that is totally incongruent and this has been pointed out by our learned friend KARL.
Do you mean to say that such a thing should not be done?
also note that I post only those facts,when sufficiently sure about its genuineness and if possible with proof.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 19:09   #482
BHPian
 
Shreeram's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 379
Thanked: 160 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

I am not saying that one should not do it.. but if its done continuously and after each and every Post it conveys a bad feeling between the members.. Thats what i want to stop.. Anything should not be done in excess is what i want to say..
I know everyone is not well versed with Auto Glossary Terms, and Even know that Pavan has used Wrong Terms, Its everyones responsibility to
ensure Posting genuine terms by doing some Simple Research on the Net So Dear Pavan Please Take care from Next Time..
Happy Posting to All..

With Best Regards

Shreeram

Last edited by Shreeram : 22nd March 2011 at 19:19.
Shreeram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 20:21   #483
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Dear shreeram,
I fully agree with your ""preaching"".Kindly note that I have posted only in those specific instances where there is a misrepresentation of facts or wrong information has been put in.This is done definitely to improve the knowledge of novices like me and many others in the forum.
For example in the last post,Pawan has said ""NOS used "' that is totally incongruent and this has been pointed out by our learned friend KARL.
Do you mean to say that such a thing should not be done?
also note that I post only those facts,when sufficiently sure about its genuineness and if possible with proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
I am not saying that one should not do it.. but if its done continuously and after each and every Post it conveys a bad feeling between the members.. Thats what i want to stop.. Anything should not be done in excess is what i want to say..
I know everyone is not well versed with Auto Glossary Terms, and Even know that Pavan has used Wrong Terms, Its everyones responsibility to
ensure Posting genuine terms by doing some Simple Research on the Net So Dear Pavan Please Take care from Next Time..
Happy Posting to All..

With Best Regards

Shreeram
Its better i concentrate more about Practical work than all the Theory work on the forum

Anyways, Work on the car has started in full swing since yesterday,and i am going all out to get things 100% right this time around.

Worked around the missing Headlight Cowls, Now the Brand New NOS Headlights will fit in Easily.

All the MODIFIED door window sills are worked to accomodate the ORIGINAL -Made In Germany Door fittings.

Rear decklid getting some Original Fittings.

German Door handles arriving soon to replace the Scorp one's...

A little bit of Tinkering and Painting.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0498.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0499.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0500.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0501.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0502.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0513.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0512.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0516.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0518.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0519.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0522.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0524.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0525.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0517.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 22:26   #484
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Great going, pavan! Glad to finally see the OHH REE GEE NAL door handles fitted on your bug!

BTW, have the front fenders been reworked on to accomodate the new headlights? Or are those different fenders altogether?? So the headlights previously fitted were those of older models?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 23:10   #485
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Great going, pavan! Glad to finally see the OHH REE GEE NAL door handles fitted on your bug!

BTW, have the front fenders been reworked on to accomodate the new headlights? Or are those different fenders altogether?? So the headlights previously fitted were those of older models?
Thanks shyam.

Right now the door handles are OLD, waiting for my Brand New German Door handles- might be with me very soon.

Those fenders are scraped and reworked to fit the headlight cowls which were absent previously (without which my headlights were always getting dirty)

Had 2 small dents too, so thought let me rework them right now.

This time, i am painting all the 4 fenders, and 2 doors....

And i really hope to achieve the much desired results.....
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 23:56   #486
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

A Big Surprise awaited me once i reached back home from office

And i was told about this by my folks only a few minutes ago obviously...! they were shocked on how i could still spend money after having spent BIG MONEY on an expensive Holiday he he he.... Well, i have no answers.

I had ordered German made door rubber and chrome moulding, will put the pics tomorrow morning.

Also picked up a BRAND NEW VDO fuel guage.

I hope i get every thing sorted during this last step of Restoration for the Beetle.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 17:02   #487
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Few spares that i recieved yesterday...
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0567.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0568.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0569.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0570.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0571.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 20:38   #488
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Bahrain
Posts: 438
Thanked: 69 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Why are you changing the 'Magura' fuel gauge to a 'VDO'? The Magura was recently serviced, wasn't it? Or are you keeping a spare?
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 20:45   #489
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Why are you changing the 'Magura' fuel gauge to a 'VDO'? The Magura was recently serviced, wasn't it? Or are you keeping a spare?
The Magura Fuel Guage is working nice, but the chrome bezel over it is gone bad, and luckily i found a Brand New VDO guage, so thought why not change it.

Some more work on the car today, since there is lot of tinkering going around, secured the ENDANGERED REAR WINDSHIELD with thick rubber and foam mats.

The MODIFIED Fuel filler cap is GOING..

The MODIFIED Radio Antenna is GOING

The MODIFIED decklid license plate depression is GOING.

And All the tiny DENTS on the car is GOING.

My only scare is, i might BLOW UP my budget by doing this

Its really easy for the tinker and painter to work on my car, since way back in 2000, i had insisted on using very very less body filler.

10 years ON and finally i am touching the paint, though the top, bonnet and side rear panels will remain intact.

Most probably by end of this week, all the welding will be DONE and hope that the painter takes over and delivers the car back to me ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0577.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0576.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0578.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0579.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0580.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 12:39   #490
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Work happening rather slowly... but i know this kind of work is difficult, so just chugging along....

I need to get the Decklid design RIGHT this last time.....
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0590.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0591.jpg  

Attached Images
 
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 18:06   #491
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Well some more cosmetic parts came in yesterday.

Getting flamed at house for stocking a BIG pile of VW spares.

One last lot and DONE, no more ordering of spares ( Well............i hope so! )Budget is BUSTED,
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0603.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0604.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0616.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0613.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:46   #492
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Its better i concentrate more about Practical work than all the Theory work on the forum

Anyways, Work on the car has started in full swing since yesterday,and i am going all out to get things 100% right this time around.

Worked around the missing Headlight Cowls, Now the Brand New NOS Headlights will fit in Easily.

All the MODIFIED door window sills are worked to accomodate the ORIGINAL -Made In Germany Door fittings.

Rear decklid getting some Original Fittings.

German Door handles arriving soon to replace the Scorp one's...

A little bit of Tinkering and Painting.
all the best for the work, i can see a red mini cooper at the back, is it for sale? as iam hunting for a mini since many years,do help me if u can
inderpalgill is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 20:31   #493
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
all the best for the work, i can see a red mini cooper at the back, is it for sale? as iam hunting for a mini since many years,do help me if u can
Thank you sirjeee.

Well 80% of the tinkering work is completed, just waiting for the LH Door and few other small tinkering. Hopefully my fellow should be with me by the coming weekend.

About the Mini Cooper, There are 2 of them that has come for Restoration, One from Jaipur and the other from Bangalore (Luckily both belong to good friends of mine)

Sir, Krupayaa kataar mein rahein, baaki barah log, including Myself intezaar kar rahein hain.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:45   #494
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Need help..............!

What color combo should i adhere to for the rims.

I believe Originally it is Black at Centre and White on the outer rims...


Though the Yellow on my car is Much more Brighter (Darker) than the Original, i prefer to retain the shade, but rims......?

Karl...... Kindly help.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-buggg.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:06   #495
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done

Sorry folks, Forgot to post Work in Progress pics.

The Tinker has almost completed his work.

The Painter has started his work from Today.

I am dying to see the completed work.....(not able to hold my excitement, dont know why)

NOW... You guys can actually notice the BIG FAT tyres this fella has....
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0618.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0619.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0620.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoration: 1967 Chevy Impala V8 Rustbucket PAVAN KADAM Post-War 109 4th September 2017 04:22
Restoration of MRF6466 - my 1967 Fiat 1100D DHABHAR.BEHRAM Post-War 152 10th April 2015 19:21
1967 VW SplitBus Restoration. EDIT : Delivered ! PAVAN KADAM Post-War 28 24th July 2014 15:19
My 1967 VW Fastback restoration- Destiny's Child PAVAN KADAM Post-War 13 18th January 2012 23:06
1967 Volkswagen Beetle-Build your own paper beetle Naren4140 Shifting gears 4 5th December 2009 05:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks