Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 14th March 2010, 16:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

C'mon PAvan, dont keep us waiting for updates. This is getting really interesting. Regards the upholstery, im sure you have thought it out but just incase it gets difficult to source it, the near original MBTex type rexine is available in Bombay. Let me know if you need any, ill pm you the number of the guy. I have bought from him for two of my mercs W110 and W115) and so has Vikash from Delhi for the restoration of his W110.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 23:32   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
C'mon PAvan, dont keep us waiting for updates. This is getting really interesting. Regards the upholstery, im sure you have thought it out but just incase it gets difficult to source it, the near original MBTex type rexine is available in Bombay. Let me know if you need any, ill pm you the number of the guy. I have bought from him for two of my mercs W110 and W115) and so has Vikash from Delhi for the restoration of his W110.
Sorry sir for not updating the thread in the long time. You very well know the kind of restoration this car has gone through. Its been more than 4 + years, and the way the germans have built this car Not a joke to put it back together.

This model closely resembles the Pontons and is as complicated if you loose few bits in between. I am still putting the jigsaw puzzle back to-gether. I am not the one to loose interest in any restoration. NEVER

Last 2 months its with the electrician, we are rebuilding the wiring by using the original sockets and few misc., parts. This is time consuming, but once done, it'll be worth. Apart from this, we had few troubles with the left door lock assemblies and door handles, mechanism rusted inside and making the part useless. Rear winding glasses went missing to add up to the trouble. more over the winders were in such a bad state, that again we ended up waiting. Still this is the only car wherein we have not ordered for any parts from anywhere. I am trying my level best to utilise whats available on the car.

Slowly but steadily things are coming together. Thanks to Ex-K1000 rallyist and a merc expert Mr Shivram, he's been phenomenal in giving me tips on various aspects of the car and also got us the original door handles and lock mechanism. And his passion for mercs run so high that he had been to Mumbai on some work and my luck to say found us the original and new door strikers and window winders for the 190D. I am eternally thankful for his help.

Can expect updates soon on the car.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 23:15   #78
BANNED

Not much of updates, but just the present status of the Merc.

1) Wiring 75% complete
2) Starts with half crank
3) Runs well

We have moved the car to a different place now.

Will update later on the work that will be carried out on the car.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 19:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjit View Post
Hi friends, I am also looking for a similar merk.... Please advice me where can i find one and also approximate price for these fin tail models.
these fin tail models have been sold from rs.60000 to 5lakhs depending on the condition
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 12:15   #80
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes Fin Tail 190D-Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Not much of updates, but just the present status of the Merc.

1) Wiring 75% complete
2) Starts with half crank
3) Runs well

We have moved the car to a different place now.

Will update later on the work that will be carried out on the car.
Has it seen the road yet? Just interested to see as we do have the same but a Petrol version of it in a yet to be restored condition.
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 18:38   #81
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes Fin Tail 190D-Restoration

Waoo A thread dug up after so many years !! Pavan What are the Updates on this. Curious to Know.. My Datsun Project is also stalled for so many years now due to various reasons.. Hope its not the same case here..
Shreeram is offline   Reply With Quote