Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 15:58   #286
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Sutith, mostly the problem is not with the quality of coupling but with a different issue altogether. Please refer to my post number 205 here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1641536. This would most probably solve the problem.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Thanks for the info, I got the rubber coupling fitted, I guess again there is some problem with the angle. There is vibrations when moving above 20kph. I guess ll have to again go and correct it.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 16:33   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,360
Thanked: 524 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Thanks for the info, I got the rubber coupling fitted, I guess again there is some problem with the angle. There is vibrations when moving above 20kph. I guess ll have to again go and correct it.
I belive what Adheesh and actually Mr. Dhabar talk about is I quote "The rear end of the mainshaft of the transmission carries a semi-spherical sphere". Please do check the said part to get down to the root of the issue.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 16:41   #288
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I belive what Adheesh and actually Mr. Dhabar talk about is I quote "The rear end of the mainshaft of the transmission carries a semi-spherical sphere". Please do check the said part to get down to the root of the issue.
The rubber-coupled joints come with a yoke, on the Mainshaft of the GB as well as the Propeller shaft. Semi-Spherical ?
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 22:59   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,598
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

As stated went to pick up some parts for S1 and inquired the dealer about the plastic part which controls speed. He mentioned a relay and said this will solve the problem. I bought the part along with socket. pics attached.
Also procured 2 sets of side repeater lights NOS . The one which came on padmini, which has a chrome ring around its lens, and horn button assembly Will post the pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-20012010204.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-20012010206.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-20012010207.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-20012010208.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-20012010209.jpg  

samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 23:22   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Also procured 2 sets of side repeater lights NOS . The one which came on padmini, which has a chrome ring around its lens, and horn button assembly Will post the pics later.
Hey, is the horn button assembly of S1? Please post pics of it ASAP. I need one for my S1 very badly. My steering is the one that came with the last series of S1. It is a 2 spoke one and resembles an Alto Steering.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 23:37   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,598
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Hey, is the horn button assembly of S1? Please post pics of it ASAP. I need one for my S1 very badly. My steering is the one that came with the last series of S1. It is a 2 spoke one and resembles an Alto Steering.
Are you referring to the horn assembly of the steering which looked like old 800 type steering. I procured the usual round horn button assembly. BTW when i asked the dealer for S1 horn assebly he asked me if i want a round one or a square one ( usually in their language).
Can anyone tell me whether the wiper part i procured would solve my problem of speed ?
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 00:35   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Are you referring to the horn assembly of the steering which looked like old 800 type steering. I procured the usual round horn button assembly. BTW when i asked the dealer for S1 horn assebly he asked me if i want a round one or a square one ( usually in their language).
Can anyone tell me whether the wiper part i procured would solve my problem of speed ?
Its not a round one. ITs more rectangular. I will post its pics tomorrow. If you see the same one, please get one for me.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 08:58   #293
BHPian
 
ilangop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune/Neyveli
Posts: 884
Thanked: 517 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
As stated went to pick up some parts for S1 and inquired the dealer about the plastic part which controls speed. He mentioned a relay and said this will solve the problem. I bought the part along with socket. pics attached.
Hi Sagar,
The attached picture is the wiper intermittent timer relay. When the wiper switch is placed in the "INT" position this relay will trigger the wiper motor to move out of the home position at periodic intervals.
Again the white plastic switch that I attached in the previous post will do the job of bringing the wiper motor to home. So change this intermittent relay only if the wiper doesnt move at the INT position. Since there is no means to stop the wiper motor at home, even at int position the wiper will function like in low speed. Hope this clarifies the need for the other white switch that fits on to the motor. Jeeps, Ambassadors, and Padminis had this type of motor. NOt in the modern vehicles you see now-a-days.
-Ilango
ilangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 09:44   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,598
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi Sagar,
The attached picture is the wiper intermittent timer relay. When the wiper switch is placed in the "INT" position this relay will trigger the wiper motor to move out of the home position at periodic intervals.
Again the white plastic switch that I attached in the previous post will do the job of bringing the wiper motor to home. So change this intermittent relay only if the wiper doesnt move at the INT position. Since there is no means to stop the wiper motor at home, even at int position the wiper will function like in low speed. Hope this clarifies the need for the other white switch that fits on to the motor. Jeeps, Ambassadors, and Padminis had this type of motor. NOt in the modern vehicles you see now-a-days.
-Ilango
Do you mean that i should get the part which you stated before. Will this not solve my problem? Or is it an addition to wiper motor function. BTW how much will the WIPER PARK SWITCH cost me. If i exchange it for that part will it work for me or i have to install both of them.
Funkykar please post the pics of your S1 horn button so that i can search for it.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 11:07   #295
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Here are the pics of the steering wheel and horn button. (sorry about the quality of pics, taken from my mobile)

The outer shell of the button looks okay. Inside the clamps are broken. so I dont have the press action on it. It simply sits on the steering wheel as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-image0085.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-image0086.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-image0087.jpg  


Last edited by funkykar : 21st January 2010 at 11:09.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 11:11   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,598
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

you took off the steering just to have a photo of it. Just joking
BTW it is a unique one and i think will be hard to find. Anyways i will try my luck in many shops. Taking the print of the pic for reference.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 11:19   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
you took off the steering just to have a photo of it. Just joking
BTW it is a unique one and i think will be hard to find. Anyways i will try my luck in many shops. Taking the print of the pic for reference.
Since the button action isnt working, I have removed and kept the steering in the dickey. Thanks mate, let me know if you come across a steering or its horn button assembly
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 14:05   #298
BHPian
 
ilangop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune/Neyveli
Posts: 884
Thanked: 517 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Do you mean that i should get the part which you stated before. Will this not solve my problem?
Both are needed. I repeat, the one you bought is a timer. The one I had mentioned earlier is for returning the wiper home. Sorry, no idea about its price. My guess would be Rs 40/- to Rs 100/-, as there is nothing except a few pieces of copper inside a plastic housing.
ilangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 14:54   #299
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,598
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Since the button action isnt working, I have removed and kept the steering in the dickey. Thanks mate, let me know if you come across a steering or its horn button assembly
Funkykar is it okay if i find one from scrapyard in a decent condition. Is it possible to fit old round horn assembly and fit the rectangle cover over it? Here the round ones come for Rs 45-50. So i guess if i found the said one it would not cost more than 100-150 Rs.(scarcity and curiosity)
Can anybody help me regarding which brand air filter to use in my S1. The present one is a locally made piece and car heats up frequently. Apart from K & N is there any good company which makes air filter for PP which is reasonable also.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 15:01   #300
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,287
Thanked: 1,211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Funkykar is it okay if i find one from scrapyard in a decent condition. Is it possible to fit old round horn assembly and fit the rectangle cover over it? Here the round ones come for Rs 45-50. So i guess if i found the said one it would not cost more than 100-150 Rs.(scarcity and curiosity)
Can anybody help me regarding which brand air filter to use in my S1. The present one is a locally made piece and car heats up frequently. Apart from K & N is there any good company which makes air filter for PP which is reasonable also.
Sure, if you find one, please get it. We can work out how you can send it to me later

I use a local air filter, dont remember the name, was inexpensive. I just make it a point toi keep it clean and change it every 6 months irrespective of its condition.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE! arun1100 Post-War 336 2nd February 2016 17:32
The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D) Ram The Indian Car Scene 391 1st February 2016 07:42
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President President Post-War 208 17th September 2015 00:13
Fiat 1100 "Family" -1962 -Technical, Photos & Information john a milne Post-War 64 29th May 2012 11:15
Used Maruti800, premier padmini , premier 118ne ? sakharamcool Hatchbacks 8 27th May 2008 11:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks