Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 7th June 2009, 13:01   #211
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful. Man, when are you going to show this to our eyes
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 15:03   #212
BHPian

Default Awesome restoration...

A beautiful restoration... Fruit of hard work.. ( I should say Jackfruits of hard labour..)
lancersfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 17:16   #213
BHPian

Have been following this thread right from when you started the restoration work on the VW Microbus, great work Pavan, hope to see this on our Bangalore roads soon !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 18:31   #214
BHPian

I am just amazed at the sheer passion and dedication this kind of restoring needs. I am sure I don't have the relentless passion and dedication required, even if there's an inclination to own and restore a classic. Hats off to you collectors and restorers. You truly are a rare breed like the classics themselves.

It's amazing to see these timeless beauties back to the present in running condition and giving us a peek into the automotive romanticism of the past. Very few car designs these days evoke the sense as the classics do with their swirls,curves, chrome, dashboards, cabins,etc.

Last edited by pranava999 : 7th June 2009 at 18:32.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:25   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Have been following this thread right from when you started the restoration work on the VW Microbus, great work Pavan, hope to see this on our Bangalore roads soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I am just amazed at the sheer passion and dedication this kind of restoring needs..

Thank you, thank you, i require all those wishes

It seems time's frozen, poor fellow (Bus) seems to have been left to sleep for too long.

1) Doorpads not done
2) Wiring not completed
3) Brakes not done
4) Engine not fitted

With all the above contributed to my fault and my Mechanic's absence, he's now finally back in town after his wedding Congratulations to him.

Now, Now..... He'll not miss completing unfinished business.

Appointment fixed for the coming Sunday morning at 7 am.

Ahoy.........Work on the Bus starts again.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:59   #216
Team-BHP Support

Great! Cant wait to see the updates and charge the camera batteries please
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 00:49   #217
BHPian

Wow, Happy to hear that sir. Its really long the bus is waiting for attention. Now please dont leave the mechanic till its all over. We would all like to see the bus on road ASAP. All our support is with you.

Cheers
Sri
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 23:47   #218

Default Bangalore workshop for Classic Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
"This project goes to my younger Brother who just loves Left Hand Drive vehicles"

Hi Folks,

Long time since i got my hands to do some real restoration.

Got my hands on yet another dream Automobile.(Of course its a Classic) This has been on my wish list for a long long time.

Though i would like to keep this a secret till the project is completely underway. I would still load it with pics of the ground-up restoration.

Firstly the vehicle is in neat condition but not running, had been idle for a long time, since the previous owner lost interest midway.

Secondly, i wanted to keep the restoration very simple and fast enough to get it on road within 3 months.But achieve the original period look.

2 weeks has been spent in getting the vehicle towed and parked, since i did'nt have any parking at my place and my dad would blow me up if i get one more old car home -that too unrestored. Fearing i get it parked in my friends place who was very obliging.

Last week spent time in getting to know whats there in the car and whats not. Got the engine home and it seems to be in a real neat condition, just might want one thorough cleaning and done the engine is ready to fire.

Two tyres are totally worn out, thanks to my bad towing method.

But the greatest thing is that this one tonner was towed by my M-800.

The tail lights and front head lights, front door glasses are not in place sad,. Only a few things missing so good that i can start my process in peace.

P.S., Warning to my T-BHP friends who know about this project, dont let the secret out till the pics appears on this thread.
Am trying to post my first message on FORUM but dont know to !The message reads " I have a 1958 MG saloon which shares the same BMC B series engine with the original Ambassador car and most running parts, except for the suspension , steering etc. The car has been jacked up and kept in storage for the last ten years . I need to remove it to a workshop within the next week, for an engine rebore , suspension modification and some body work .
Having just returned to Bangalore,I don’t know many people here . There used to be an old mechanic called Joseph working for MF Motors / Ali Garage ? behind Koshys/ old Berys hotel . He died and I understand his son now repairs old cars in a garage near HBR layout ( close to the ring road / Hennur road ) .He also calls himself Joseph . Would anyone know of this person \ recommend whether I should give the MG for him to work on ?
In fairness he cant do much damage, because most parts are common with the old Ambassador, but I also have a 1947 Buick Roadmaster which has been in storage for the past ten years, and needs to be put back on the road. I would therefore like to find a good mechanic in Bangalore for the MG ,whom I could subsequently use for the Buick as well If Joseph is not known to anyone, it would be great to receive some suggestions re a competent mechanic, who would have time to work on these old cars ,as I need to find one in under a week."
Could you please tell me how to post the above message onto the General Forum site ? Many thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th July 2009 at 15:28. Reason: Formatting tags [COLOR] etc removed. Please see the Announcements section for a thread regarding this.
Americans58-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 22:01   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Great! Cant wait to see the updates and charge the camera batteries please
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Wow, Happy to hear that sir. Its really long the bus is waiting for attention. Now please dont leave the mechanic till its all over. We would all like to see the bus on road ASAP. All our support is with you.

Cheers
Sri
The engine comes home, tomorrow get the flywheel and loading plate from the lathe after having them faced a bit.

Its just matter of time before it fires
Attached Images

Old 12th July 2009, 23:07   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice going pavan!

You use your beetle for hauling stuff etc.??!!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 00:20   #221
BHPian

Hey buddy. Great going. At what time you planning to start this work tomorrow?? Also send me your number. I lost all my contacts.
swift8847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 09:46   #222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice going pavan!

You use your beetle for hauling stuff etc.??!!
, Shyam, for me the Beetle is as good as any daily use car at home, 24 hrs a day/365 days a year it has to perform any duty (Off-roading/Towing/Midnight T-BHP Drives/250 kms long trip/hauling stuff, etc.,)

I believe in "IT AINT A CAR IF IT DOES'NT RUN LIKE A CAR"

Thats reliability for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Hey buddy. Great going. At what time you planning to start this work tomorrow?? Also send me your number. I lost all my contacts.
I've sent you a PM buddy.

About the work :-< it looks like some more delay on cards. It just rained an old car for the next restoration last evening, and its going to eat into my mechanics time for the next 60 hrs.

However, i'll be doing some DIY stuff, in fitting the tins and the dog-house cooler assembly,dynamo/Ignition coil and the exhaust myself very soon.

Will keep the thread updated soon.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 13th July 2009 at 09:48.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:41   #223
Senior - BHPian

I think you are hypnotised by the YELLOW !!!
Is that your kid in the above picture ? Even she is in yellow dress all the time ?

I was supposed to come and see your work in March itself, new born in the house and elder one starting his first school etc kept me too busy to spare any weekend so far. Now I should find time once your work is at the final stages. Hope you havent moved from North to South !!

By the way, there is a VW mini bus doing its repairs near my house. I can see the work happening through my bedroom window. It has white and light green shades. If you need to check something, I can do that for you.

Last edited by shajufx : 13th July 2009 at 11:42.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 17:08   #224
BHPian

Glad to see you patient enough for this painstaking restoration work. By all the hard work and resources you are putting in with all your patience, it should be a real admirable beauty on road.

We are with you along the build and cheers to you for the restoration.Hoping to see the bus run soon.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 23:01   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I think you are hypnotised by the YELLOW !!!
Is that your kid in the above picture ? Even she is in yellow dress all the time ?
By the way, there is a VW mini bus doing its repairs near my house. I can see the work happening through my bedroom window. It has white and light green shades. If you need to check something, I can do that for you.
Yellow is my favorite color, you guessed right, Yeah thats my kid, and yes even she loves yellow and any VW as a matter of fact.

And about that minibus, i'll talk about it some time later on a different thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Glad to see you patient enough for this painstaking restoration work. By all the hard work and resources you are putting in with all your patience, it should be a real admirable beauty on road.

We are with you along the build and cheers to you for the restoration.Hoping to see the bus run soon.
Thanks, would require all that wishes for this restoration.

I hope srikanth, with all the effort, time , patience and money put in, it'll come out well and to the point original.