Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:02   #376
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
What about the rear rubber...the one on the boot lid? Is that from Maruti Van too?

Maruti Van Tooooo Sid there are no Maruti Van parts on the Bus so far, Thats from an Amby

I've as much retained stock and NOS parts on the Bus so far, hence its now a running restoration.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:20   #377
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Maruti Van Tooooo Sid there are no Maruti Van parts on the Bus so far, Thats from an Amby

I've as much retained stock and NOS parts on the Bus so far, hence its now a running restoration.
OOopsss forgive me my friend. I screwed up big time. It looks very neat. Are your door rubbers original VW part?
67Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:24   #378
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
OOopsss forgive me my friend. I screwed up big time. It looks very neat. Are your door rubbers original VW part?
As i mentioned earlier, those are from the Amby.

Buddy, its time you show your Bay soon. Last time when i was at Mumbai, i got to get a glimpse of your Bus Engine only
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 12:11   #379
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
As i mentioned earlier, those are from the Amby.

Buddy, its time you show your Bay soon. Last time when i was at Mumbai, i got to get a glimpse of your Bus Engine only
Hold your breath...mate give me another week and it should be up out here. Did you come to Mumbai? Wish we could have met. I was referring to the Door rubbers (L&R) the Amby rubbers are on the boot lid isn't it?
67Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 00:09   #380
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Hold your breath...mate give me another week and it should be up out here.
A week and another week gone by, and our Sid has not shown us his Baywindow.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:01   #381
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Some updates as on date

Nothing much has been done, but the Bus has been clocking miles each week.

The speedo is now working, Fuel guage working in reverse order lol..... Original fuel pump not working, electric pump playing hide n seek at times.

Its been a mixed feeling driving this Bus around town.

Mechanically its almost close to perfection, a little bit of more work going on the BUS this week onwards.

By end of this month, i intend to wind up the restoration on the Bus hopefully
Attached Images
       
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 02:54   #382
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default

@pk, what tires are you running on your bus?

love your steering wheel! congrats on your drive, well restored.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:41   #383
BHPian
 
dhrishikesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 795
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

@ Pavan,
Try for a scale model of VW Microbus in the same color combination as yours by Wellys in 1:24 scale, for Rs.650/-.
BTW, nice pics & again & again I will say that your Microbus is a finest example of restoration !!!
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:14   #384
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: Once
Default

Superb job Pavan. I know how demanding it can get in terms of time and perseverance to get something like this back on the road, and that too sparkling neat. Three cheers to you and your brother. Would love to see more pictures, and still better would love to see it live.. Congratulations once again!
ace_hillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:41   #385
BHPian
 
kannan666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA-02
Posts: 939
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Some updates as on date

Nothing much has been done, but the Bus has been clocking miles each week.

The speedo is now working, Fuel guage working in reverse order lol..... Original fuel pump not working, electric pump playing hide n seek at times.

Its been a mixed feeling driving this Bus around town.

Mechanically its almost close to perfection, a little bit of more work going on the BUS this week onwards.

By end of this month, i intend to wind up the restoration on the Bus hopefully
Nice pics of the 'bus' Pavan ! Have you got all the related RTO work completed for getting the bus on the road legally ?
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:49   #386
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

hey pavan it seems you are using a beetle muffler as the bus one has a single exhaust on one side..
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:56   #387
BHPian
 
sharanramesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: Once
Default

Pavan it looks smashing. now for some janis joplin on the period stereo and ur set. dont forget the aviators and the long hair!
sharanramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:59   #388
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Some updates as on date

Nothing much has been done, but the Bus has been clocking miles each week.

The speedo is now working, Fuel guage working in reverse order lol..... Original fuel pump not working, electric pump playing hide n seek at times.

Its been a mixed feeling driving this Bus around town.

Mechanically its almost close to perfection, a little bit of more work going on the BUS this week onwards.

By end of this month, i intend to wind up the restoration on the Bus hopefully
Loved those mudflaps...please get me 2 pairs...or let me know where did you get them from...
67Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:02   #389
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@pk, what tires are you running on your bus?

love your steering wheel! congrats on your drive, well restored.
you better not know that.

I am running 175/80/R14 at the rear and 165/60/R14 front.

Very rare set-up, but it was all during my initial testing days, which are now over.

I will soon upgrade to the original size ( 165/80/R14) sometime soon.

Thank you, that white steering wheel was a recent addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Pavan,
Try for a scale model of VW Microbus in the same color combination as yours by Wellys in 1:24 scale, for Rs.650/-.
BTW, nice pics & again & again I will say that your Microbus is a finest example of restoration !!!
I am searching around, not found one yet. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_hillman View Post
Superb job Pavan. I know how demanding it can get in terms of time and perseverance to get something like this back on the road, and that too sparkling neat. Three cheers to you and your brother. Would love to see more pictures, and still better would love to see it live.. Congratulations once again!
Thank you for your compliments, but the Bus is still faaaar from being complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Nice pics of the 'bus' Pavan ! Have you got all the related RTO work completed for getting the bus on the road legally ?
On the job presently. Needed to get the Bus running just as new before driving it to the RTO to avoid last minute glitches. But i have been driving it around town, even gave a ride to a traffic police once driving without number plate. Old vehicles they are not much bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
hey pavan it seems you are using a beetle muffler as the bus one has a single exhaust on one side..
Sir, this set-up will give me a trickle of more BHP gain advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
Pavan it looks smashing. now for some janis joplin on the period stereo and ur set. dont forget the aviators and the long hair!
Oh i am waiting for that buddy, i still need to connect the speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Loved those mudflaps...please get me 2 pairs...or let me know where did you get them from...
Anna, They are purely DIY stuff. Made by Yours Truly.........

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 23rd November 2009 at 20:05.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:14   #390
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Anna, They are purely DIY stuff. Made by Yours Truly.........
Can you please let us know how? Did you painted them.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1971 chevy chevelle manikjeet Post-War 12 3rd August 2014 00:08
The country's first CAL Look Baywindow Bus Restoration PAVAN KADAM Post-War 93 24th December 2013 15:36
66 Volkswagen microbus carbug Post-War 76 12th March 2013 23:24
BAYWINDOW Lands in Kollam kishorelal Post-War 33 29th June 2010 16:32
1971 Triumph STAG Camshaft cover Gasket tsk1979 Post-War 15 27th November 2008 17:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks