Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 11:06   #1351
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Varkala
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 509 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Saw this in FB. An Amby in Bahrain, driven by a Bahraini national.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-ambybah.jpg  


Last edited by sandeepmdas : 5th July 2017 at 11:07.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 14:25   #1352
BHPian
 
autocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 668
Thanked: 536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
Sorry, the mark 3 has the correct lense.
Excuse me for the oversight
In fact the mark 3 is correct in every respect, I feel. However the meter console has speedo + 4 gauges. I was told the mark 3 originally came with speedo + 2 gauges and then there was a deluxe version with speedo + 3 gauges... I am not sure though.

I will take a pic and share next time I see the car

Here are the 2 Mark 3 dash I have seen:
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-1499246265700.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-1499246279555.jpg  


Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th July 2017 at 14:52.
autocrat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 20:46   #1353
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,472
Thanked: 4,467 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
I believe the headlight ring on the mark 3 is the correct one but incorrect for a 72 mark 2.
Mark 3 type rings came only from 1974 , during which mark2 s were fitted with them.
It appears that both cars have flat head lamp Lenses which came only on later models.
Older models had convex lenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Some more pics - Anjan sir please check if the rings are correct for the model years

Grey Amby is 77 Mark 3 and black one is 72 Mark 2
Yes, as rightly identified by Arun V., the 1972 headlight ring is from a later model. It came originally with the old Mark I headlight ring that was discontinued only in 1974 by HM and replaced by this shape. The Mark II production however continued till May 1975.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 23:46   #1354
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,472
Thanked: 4,467 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
In fact the mark 3 is correct in every respect, I feel. However the meter console has speedo + 4 gauges. I was told the mark 3 originally came with speedo + 2 gauges and then there was a deluxe version with speedo + 3 gauges... I am not sure though.

I will take a pic and share next time I see the car

Here are the 2 Mark 3 dash I have seen:
The speedo with the two gauges (lower picture) is the original dash for the Mark 3. The upper picture of the dash with four gauges is indicative of the OE warning lights cluster being removed with the two additional gauges being fitted by the owner.

You are right when you say that the deluxe variant came with the speedo and four gauges. The dashboard was quite distinctive though in the deluxe variant. The deluxe variant dd not carry any external badging as in Premiers. It was introduced in 1978 (Mark 3) and continued till the model life of the Mark 4, though the dash of the standard and deluxe variant continued unchanged from the Mark 3 years.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-1985dsl-7.jpg

(the deluxe dash introduced by HM in 1978)
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 15:19   #1355
BHPian
 
ARUN.V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
In fact the mark 3 is correct in every respect, I feel. However the meter console has speedo + 4 gauges. I was told the mark 3 originally came with speedo + 2 gauges and then there was a deluxe version with speedo + 3 gauges... I am not sure though.

I will take a pic and share next time I see the car

Here are the 2 Mark 3 dash I have seen:
As mentioned by Anjan sir , the picture in the bottom is the original dash for Mark 3 except the lock which is added in the right glove box.
By the way is it Mr. Bhaskar's car
ARUN.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 21:51   #1356
BHPian
 
autocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 668
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
By the way is it Mr. Bhaskar's car
Not very sure Arun, it might be, I pulled it from archives of whatsapp images on my phone. I just love looking at these pics for hours on end
autocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 22:07   #1357
BHPian
 
glomus123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 163
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

A regular runner in the area, seen now and then on street, taxi stand etc. I could take pictures only today. Seems single owner from the beginning, MVD site says 1975 make.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20170712_0930061.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20170712_0930101.jpg  

glomus123 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 23:01   #1358
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,296
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
In fact the mark 3 is correct in every respect, I feel. However the meter console has speedo + 4 gauges. I was told the mark 3 originally came with speedo + 2 gauges and then there was a deluxe version with speedo + 3 gauges... I am not sure though.
Here are the 2 Mark 3 dash I have seen:
The Mark3 came with the speedo & 2 meter configuration fitted in a recess. The first picture is a mod by the owner as the meters are Autometer and Yenkay makes in a mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The speedo with the two gauges (lower picture) is the original dash for the Mark 3. The upper picture of the dash with four gauges is indicative of the OE warning lights cluster being removed with the two additional gauges being fitted by the owner.
You are right when you say that the deluxe variant came with the speedo and four gauges. The dashboard was quite distinctive though in the deluxe variant. The deluxe variant dd not carry any external badging as in Premiers. It was introduced in 1978 (Mark 3) and continued till the model life of the Mark 4, though the dash of the standard and deluxe variant continued unchanged from the Mark 3 years.
Initial Mark4s came with the Mark3 dash/meter configuration.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2017, 21:31   #1359
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,306
Thanked: 3,714 Times
Default

Pic sent by a friend. Spotted at Bangalore

Name:  ForumRunner_20170715_213136.png
Views: 570
Size:  223.0 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170715_213142.png
Views: 572
Size:  231.2 KB
schakravarthy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 23:40   #1360
BHPian
 
autocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 668
Thanked: 536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post

The first picture is a mod by the owner as the meters are Autometer and Yenkay makes in a mix.
Actually it's all Yenkay
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-1500228637745.jpg  


Last edited by autocrat : 16th July 2017 at 23:42. Reason: added quote
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 12:44   #1361
BHPian
 
glomus123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 163
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Saw end route to Coimbatore. Neat trims and felt smooth engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20170720_1019391.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-20170720_1015511.jpg  

glomus123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 20:28   #1362
Newbie
 
bonziibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
Nice to note that you want to purchase an ambassador.
As you said ambassador grand is a good car for daily use with features like power assisted disc brakes, power steering and AC. Later model grand also came with power windows.
Iam a proud owner of a 2004 diesel grand as a daily use car.
I would suggest you to go for a carburated Isuzu engine one rather than the mpfi ones in case you are particular in buying a petrol version since the sensors and other electronic related parts may be difficult to source.
But buying a diesel one would be better both in terms of availability of spares and running cost of the vehicle.
Hi I have already done my purchase. It's a 2007 Grand petrol Isuzu engine done about 50k kms.

Sharing some pictures.

Now will require all your expert tips on how to refurbish it.

Kapil
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_4288.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_4283.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_4285.jpg  

bonziibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 10:34   #1363
Newbie
 
bonziibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Posting more pictures. At present it is gone for servicing. Any member from pune who can guide me with restoration. !?
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_4289.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_4286.jpg  

bonziibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 14:30   #1364
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,306
Thanked: 3,714 Times
Default

At my mechanic's

Name:  ForumRunner_20170727_142959.png
Views: 329
Size:  671.0 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170727_143005.png
Views: 321
Size:  428.0 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170727_143011.png
Views: 317
Size:  593.5 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170727_143017.png
Views: 326
Size:  628.6 KB
schakravarthy is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 13:36   #1365
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,306
Thanked: 3,714 Times
Default

Spotted now

Name:  ForumRunner_20170731_133630.png
Views: 249
Size:  563.7 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170731_133637.png
Views: 252
Size:  548.9 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170731_133644.png
Views: 249
Size:  530.2 KB
schakravarthy is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NAIAS 2006 & 2007 Photo Gallery! subscrive The International Automotive Scene 4 12th October 2009 17:38
Mahindra Classic Gallery. v12 The Indian Car Scene 8 14th August 2008 12:29
This guy is a fake. Cardomain gallery EDIT: Orkut gallery added Gordon Super-Cars & Imports in India 38 5th March 2008 23:02
SCOOP! Tata's One Lac Car - REAL PICTURE! And a debate on its suitability and impact. Steeroid The Indian Car Scene 292 4th February 2008 02:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks