Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 22:41   #211
BHPian
 
muneemmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cochin
Posts: 809
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Steer my Painter and mechanic would help you with the job the painting can be completed at my workshop and we can do the final coat of painting at the place where my car went for work, So far except for acidic bird droppings nothing have cropped up on my car. The Paint shop also promises a warranty of one year on the paint job they do. They will recoat it at cost of 30 to 40 K. And it's just 25Km from Ernakulam Say what ? And any one can have a look at the car any time of the day. Just give me a word. They will give you a date.

Couple of my post have been deleted by the mods, because I was really short of vocabulary for what those ripoffs did to your car.
muneemmk is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 09:48   #212
BHPian
 
srijit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 594
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey steer,

if you dont mind, would like to ask a question, the exobirant rates you have mentioned above, how did you accept them in the first place? werent the rates mentioned before starting the work?
Trust. There was a "parasite", as Steer calls him, at MotorSmiths, whom Steer trusted.
srijit is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 10:08   #213
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,748
Thanked: 4,338 Times
Default

@Aadix, do read part-I of this. You'll understand what's happened. And Steer's dream of gifting something special to his dad.

Had seen the Landy sitting there, but had not followed up on the progress - because I too expected things to be done in a professional way. I had smaller hiccups with our cars there, but those pale into insignificance when compared to what's happened with the Landy.
condor is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:11   #214
BHPian
 
tadukuttan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Hey Steer, I have been reading this thread, and the previous one. And please don't kill me for what I am going to write. I consider you among the best guys on the forum, and I really enjoy every moment of your company. With that out of the way, please kindly consider what I feel about this...

You see, I was really surprised when you did what you did. There has been many dark side threads around here before, and I am sure you already knew many other sob stories doing the rounds from this part of the world.

And you still had to choose the exact same demography to dole out these enormous amounts of money? I can understand when some kid on the forum comes up with a dark side thread, after blowing up money he did not have, but you?

And as I think I have said earlier on some other dark side thread, more than "cheating" etc, these are mostly created by the garages/tuners complete carelessness/cluelessness more than anything else. The garage probably had no idea about what was required to be done, of course, coupled with *glee* in finding yet another bakra.

Just move on man. At least this car is not your daily drive. Think of our friend with the Honda Zen. I dont think he has driven his *only* car for more than a few days since he bought it a year ago. It is still in a garage, adorned with another Honda engine now. And you knew that before you landed with this right?
tadukuttan is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:30   #215
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Dealers, tuners and several others have been named, shamed and stripped in public for a lot less.
Steer, I respect you a lot. And I really feel bad for all that you have been through with the Landy. I do. But at the same time I would like to say something as well. Please don't misunderstand me, or think I am trying to politisize my past on this thread. My intention is not to derail the topic at hand. But, I think its necessary for me to make this point here.

Maybe 4.5L might not actually be such a big amount to a working professional. But spending over 2L for a build for a "working-student" and then being doled out to such treatment made my blood boil too. Just the same way yours does now. I know you have stood by some people without knowing the complete details or wanting to know my end of the story (maybe I would have done the same if I were in your shoes), taken a direct flack at me, blaming me of trying to just spoil the reputation of certain people. That was actually NOT the case, and when I said it, no one including you believed me. I understand whats going through you right now, and I feel you are right in venting out your frustration just the same way I did. I just wanted you to know why I did this back then. I am sure, given the situation that you are in now, you will understand my past actions better.

I would have loved to warn a lot of my friends who have gone through such things even before they started off. But, a wise man once said to me, no one will believe you unless they face it themselves. So just let them figure it out, you don't break your head over it. And every now and then, we hear plenty of horror stories. And its only when people like us who come forward and put up our side of the story against all odds, no matter who takes a flack or rubbishes us saying we are the ones who aren't to be believed will the general public be aware of whats really going on. There is a lot more than what comes out on such forums, actually. And you must be knowing of atleast 5 other stories that haven't come up here YET.

There have been a lot of misunderstandings between the two of us owing to lack of communication and the fact that you decided to listen to just one end of the stories being narrated to you. I hope we can work on it now.

Sorry for the OT post.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd November 2008 at 14:42.
mclaren1885 is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:40   #216
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

@Tadu.
Other than Rahul's bad experience, all the other problems came to light after the Landmaster was already admitted in this shoddy slaughter house.
And Rahul's bad experience was explained in a certain way by these guys (yes! All those bhpians from bangalore who are part of the nexus of evil) that we accepted their version of the story. We never bothered about the other side of the story simply because it was Mr. Mclaren1885 who was yet to grow up at that time.
So, it was not due to the ignorance or anything of that kind why the Landy went in there.
This was just open shameless cheating. They had so much of a friendly attitude and it felt like they would give up their lives to get this car as Steer wanted.

I'll explain each and every step of progress of how this false promises started popping up and a friendship was used to some selfish benefits. But not now! I'll need to sit down with my favorite drink (w)horlicks by my side.

Last edited by speedzak : 2nd November 2008 at 14:41. Reason: Spell check.
speedzak is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:45   #217
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Hey Steer, I have been reading this thread, and the previous one. And please don't kill me for what I am going to write. I consider you among the best guys on the forum, and I really enjoy every moment of your company. With that out of the way, please kindly consider what I feel about this...

You see, I was really surprised when you did what you did. There has been many dark side threads around here before, and I am sure you already knew many other sob stories doing the rounds from this part of the world.

And you still had to choose the exact same demography to dole out these enormous amounts of money? I can understand when some kid on the forum comes up with a dark side thread, after blowing up money he did not have, but you?

And as I think I have said earlier on some other dark side thread, more than "cheating" etc, these are mostly created by the garages/tuners complete carelessness/cluelessness more than anything else. The garage probably had no idea about what was required to be done, of course, coupled with *glee* in finding yet another bakra.

Just move on man. At least this car is not your daily drive. Think of our friend with the Honda Zen. I dont think he has driven his *only* car for more than a few days since he bought it a year ago. It is still in a garage, adorned with another Honda engine now. And you knew that before you landed with this right?

I hear what you and McL have to say, but this wasnt the exact same demographics - the connection between Mcl's issue and this one became apparent only after things started going wrong on my job. Thereafter the whole clique became apparent - the entire "food-chain", so to speak. People who said Conti engines should cost 10-15 k easily started talking about 40k. The person McL and you referred to regularly gave me updates on how well the paint job was and how the work will be complete before we left the Monsoon Drive (Kuttikanam) - until Jay told me that they hadnt even painted the entire car and that there was nothing inside the engine bay.

As for 'Just move on, man' - well I am moving on, but not before the facts are placed for people to see. And no the Zonda happened AFTER my job started - please note that my involvement with this bunch (for this particular work item) started in October last year. It was the Zonda and the Mivec that led most of us to start putting 2 and 2 together to find out that its not really 4 but 22. Its a racket, man.

Money is money, regardless of whether its a student spending his dad's money or me spending my own.

Like someone said, what goes around, comes around. And come around it will, god willing.

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd November 2008 at 14:52.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:52   #218
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

When you think the person(s) in question has blatantly leached of Steer's hospitality and largesse for years together, makes the whole thing even more 'oh-so-totally' reprehensible and repulsive!

I understand, and empathise with, the outrage Steer must be feeling!!

Last edited by kb100 : 2nd November 2008 at 14:59.
kb100 is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 14:56   #219
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

Hello Steer, have read your concerns. i feel that there is a lot of anger and a sense of being cheated. this is bad. but i think the mod rules are keeping a lot of stories away (may be because those stories cannot be told without breaking rules). i think there is a real world out there and these experiences are just a samble "vedikkettu".
i think a "star" story is in the making (being made in lines with the rules). i don't expect much of the true stuff to be "revealed".
back to track....i think there should a new paint job. popular opinion??
kutlee is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:09   #220
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
i think a "star" story is in the making (being made in lines with the rules). i don't expect much of the true stuff to be "revealed".
Not from me. There are things we can write here and things we cannot. For the moment the only thing that matters to all of you is that after 9 months and 4.5 lakhs at MotorSmiths the result I got was a crappy piece of thinly painted junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
back to track....i think there should a new paint job. popular opinion??
Yes there will be a new paint job. When and where is yet to be decided, but I'm going to see this through. The only trouble is that I'm out of the country, which is why I had to rely on the vermin that I did in the first place. If I were in the country I know exactly where to go and how to get the job done - there wouldnt have been any need to get the job done in Bangalore in the first place.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:10   #221
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

A small request.

The ladies and the kid of this house are breathing fire down my neck and here I am, reading through part 1 story.

Somewhere in part 1 thread, there is this car, in white (apparently putty). Can somebody mark the bubble spots (as of now) on that image? And is a better (more pixels) image available of that car in putty? I should confess that after looking at the puttied up car, the bubbles are very mysterious.

And what happened to those holes (the holes over which even Jr. Gowda was shedding tears - lol!!)? Are they apparent now?

And yes, some of the comments by Zak the mullah and Steer seem to make sense now.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:54   #222
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
A small request.

Somewhere in part 1 thread, there is this car, in white (apparently putty). Can somebody mark the bubble spots (as of now) on that image? And is a better (more pixels) image available of that car in putty? I should confess that after looking at the puttied up car, the bubbles are very mysterious.
Pretty simple actually.
Take a pic of the car,
go to paint,
select the circle tool,
draw one around the whole car in a colour of your choice,
Voila! U are done!!


There is nothing mysterious about the bubbles on the car, nikki has some pix which he'll put up, and all the doubts will be over.Else U are welcome to see the car anytime.
JayD is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:15   #223
BHPian
 
tadukuttan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@Tadu. Other than Rahul's bad experience, all the other problems came to light after the Landmaster was already admitted in this shoddy slaughter house.
That is really sad. Probably none of the troubles were being posted on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
All those bhpians from bangalore who are part of the nexus of evil
Lol, is it really that bad? From my experience, it is not really. This is just the way these guys work. And you really cannot show them easy money, and dont expect them to grab every bit of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I'll explain each and every step of progress of how this false promises started popping up and a friendship was used to some selfish benefits. But not now! I'll need to sit down with my favorite drink (w)horlicks by my side.
Maybe somebody should take the trouble, and do what us locals here have not done. Which is of course, write the inconvenient truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Its a racket, man.
Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
When you think the person(s) in question has blatantly leached of Steer's hospitality and largesse for years together, makes the whole thing even more 'oh-so-totally' reprehensible and repulsive!

I understand, and empathise with, the outrage Steer must be feeling!!
Problem is, there are so many of these stories which dont make it to the forum, and it is almost become boring routine to hear of one more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yes there will be a new paint job. When and where is yet to be decided, but I'm going to see this through. The only trouble is that I'm out of the country, which is why I had to rely on the vermin that I did in the first place. If I were in the country I know exactly where to go and how to get the job done - there wouldnt have been any need to get the job done in Bangalore in the first place.
There are many folks here who dont need to make a living of you, but still would have gladly helped you, and still will. You really did not think there was nobody on the forum who would have liked to help you without expecting nothing more than an occasional single malt in return?
tadukuttan is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:37   #224
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Problem is, there are so many of these stories which dont make it to the forum, and it is almost become boring routine to hear of one more.
Well its about time we had those out, then. Not here on this thread, but we need a "Bangalore Beware !" thread. Though who are we kidding - if something has a poisonous name, we should expect the venom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
You really did not think there was nobody on the forum who would have liked to help you without expecting nothing more than an occasional single malt in return?
After these experiences, it is close to impossible to think along those lines. However we dont really need an excuse for the malt, do we?
Steeroid is offline  
Old 2nd November 2008, 17:02   #225
Joz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dubai
Posts: 247
Thanked: Once
Default

Thats some really shoddy work. Not that its difficult to guess who the parasite is but I think we need names for the benefit of all. Anyone who follows our forum will know Nivit Bhasin and Hyper Performance in Delhi is not exactly the best choice to get a mod job done. On similar lines, it is only prudent that specific names be stated. I can't see why it will be a personal attack, it is simply feedback about working with specific people in the industry. Isn't it?

Last edited by Joz : 2nd November 2008 at 17:03.
Joz is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11 JayD Post-War 218 7th August 2013 15:58
Project Landmaster jagadeesh.b Post-War 33 22nd August 2012 14:56
Wanted Landmaster Nandyk Shifting gears 6 22nd June 2010 00:22
A Fiat & Amby Landmaster: 2 perfect beauties found in Coimbatore Rtech Post-War 44 12th March 2010 23:46
My Landmaster Project Steeroid Post-War 524 30th July 2008 23:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks