BHPian

Ok Stanher - Early bird gets the pipe!

Cheers mate!

Nice to hear your machine start up!

Take care
SA7VA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 22:38   #152
Senior - BHPian

Well what can we say better than Innocenti I guess!
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 13:10   #153
BHPian

Default Hi !

Dear All,

Here's wishing you all a very happy new year to all Team Bhpians!

After a long silence - just wanted to update the group that yesterday I managed to start the machine! It fired to life with a lovely sound note! It was a pleasure to hear it and its idling very well.

Now the footboards are being installed on it and you will all soon get to see the pics.

The SS Exhaust has been fabricated and has been received for fitment trials.

Now after running the machine in for a couple of hours I will adjust the gears and clutch and then take it for a spin.

Hopefully this weekend should see tremendous progress.

Have also received a grey speedo cable and that will be used to replace the black one in place.

Now I am getting excited to take it out for a ride.

Cheers!

Saurabh
Old 10th February 2010, 05:47   #154
BHPian

Great going . Looking forward to see the beauty in the mint form. I liked the paint job. Really nice.
okvinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 12:05   #155
BHPian

Hey Thanks okvinu!

Have made more progress since last time - slow and steady but unfortunately have not been able to click pics as my digi cams battery is dead - oh what a lame one - isnt it!

I will post more pics after the progress this weekend. The work is not able to progress fast enough as I work on it myself and need time to do some focussed non-hurried job on the machine1.

Thanks once again mate.

Cheers!

SV
Old 10th February 2010, 17:12   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Have also received a grey speedo cable and that will be used to replace the black one in place.
Me want one too. If possible, do send it out to me with the other stuff you are going to send me

Although now that I've already just about assembled my scooter, I may not fit it on immediately, maybe sometime later. 'will keep it safely inside until I decide to do so.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 05:22   #157
BHPian

Hey SV,

Please update with latest pics. Hope you finished the work!

best wishes
vok
okvinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 15:22   #158
BHPian

HI Everyone!

As I was telling Stanher have been busy restoring another Li150 for a friend who wishes to take it to Italy soon therefore have been unable to make much headway on my own machines.

Have been busy collecting parts for the Li150 as well as my BSA C12. So that the restoration does not halt up for want of parts and little bits and pieces.

Cheers!

Saurabh
Old 26th March 2010, 14:23   #159
BHPian

Default Hello!

Hey people,
I'm Shirish, 23, from Mumbai. Nice to finally be on the forum! I'm a musician by profession (saxophone/flute/classical guitar) and have a passion for vintage scooters.

I recently bought a 61 Lambretta (Innocenti) and restoring it to (almost!) original specs, with a few upgrades like 12V electronic ignition etc. Am trying to upload pics of my machine as I bought it a couple of months ago.. It was painted (albeit shabbily) before I bought it, so I have just given it in for an engine overhaul (it had a chindi m80 carb hehehe), new cables, brakes, rims and tin and alignment work. The chassis is largely rust free, so intensive body work can wait a bit. The mech who I've given it to did my friend's vespa really well, sitting with the original manuals and parts catalogues. He also has a large collection of all kinds of lambrettas, series ones, twos, even threes, vijais as well as Ds and LDs, not to mention vespas.

By the time I get ALL the parts I need, I will have ridden it till the engine is run in, and I can hopefully take things up a few levels adding electronic ignition, stainless parts and painting it properly... hopefully if I can, the way Saurabh has done.

Saurabh, hi, nice to be able to post here finally!

Otherwise, while I was waiting for approval, was forced to drool silently and stifle myself when I wanted to say "wow" or "Hey, I want that!" Way to go on your restoration. Hopefully, owners will now realize the potential beauty and class of these old 'workhorses'.

Cheers
Shirish Malhotra
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta Series 2 1968 Restoration Project-img019.jpg  

Lambretta Series 2 1968 Restoration Project-img021.jpg  

Lambretta Series 2 1968 Restoration Project-img026.jpg  

Lambretta Series 2 1968 Restoration Project-img022.jpg  

insaneinsaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 15:54   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shirish.Its wonderful that an young guy like you has interest in classic scooters,when people of your age are fancying fast and super bikes.Wonderful attitude.
I have a 62 Innocenti Lambretta too(look at my garage pics).
Do post some more pics of your Lambretta,esp on the speedometer.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 17:45   #161
BHPian

Hi Hillram,
The speedo is a black API one. I really want to get a good repro of the original veglia style one, since being an Italian vehicle, I have a good excuse to want some Italian style parts :-) Saurabh, could you help me out with this? It might need the special speedo cable too, not sure.

I also need the innocenti headlight assembly. My glass is a nice Italian Carello one, but has become a little cloudy as you can see in the pic, and besides chrome on the rim and reflector is chipped.

Also, would you happen to have one of them original tailpipes left? I would gladly take one off your hands, they look really good.

Some more parts I need:
1) white wall patches (since the tyres are probably too difficult)
2) bare aluminium rear seat handle (this is available with KACE)
3) electronic mounting kit (also made by KACE)
4) rear grill
5) the legendary brass pulleys!
6) stand J brackets
7) legshield metal double beading (check out the kolhapur gaddi in the pic!)
8) Lock cover (Italian style, see pic) OR
9) Lock set with common key (ignition, steering and toolbox locks with single key)
10) Rear light and toolbox gasket rubbers

As far as my sources here in Mumbai go, they are providing me with good quality API OE spares (mostly NOS), or SIL as may be the case. Parts like crossmembers, Mufflers (UA) and various other parts are procurable. However I have secured all I need for my own scoot, if I can help anyone out with good spares for their API vehicles, let me know.

Thanks!
Shirish
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta Series 2 1968 Restoration Project-img056.jpg  

Lambretta Series 2 1968 Restoration Project-14052009.jpg  

Lambretta Series 2 1968 Restoration Project-img138.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 27th March 2010, 20:24   #162
BHPian

Hey guys,
I'm sorry, I think I'm taking the topic off course, I just realized, this thread is meant and deserves to be about Saurabh's amazing resto... I will take my posts off, and post them on the general page.
Thanks and once again, my sincere apologies, especially to Saurabh!!
Old 27th April 2010, 12:14   #163
BHPian

Hi Team

Now that the restoration for the Li 150 for my Italian Friend is over its time to complete the restoration on my Dad's machine.

So watch out for this space over the next 30 days. I will perhaps be out of the country for a week in May but barring that my machine is now targetted to be on road by 30th of May !

So back to the grind - detailing detailing and more detailing!

Have just got a bunch of right spec NGK Spark Plugs from the NGK team in India for the following machines:

Lambretta Li 150 - B7ES, BP7ES, B8ES
Lambretta LD - BP7HS
BSA C12 - B6HS, BP6HS, BPR6 HIX (IRIDIUM)
Enfield - BPR7HIX (IRIDIUM)

The outcome is mindblowing!

By the way I found Brass Rollers and serrated shafts for the Accelerator! So any one working on the LI150 wanting these can pm me.

Have also imported an Italian Innocenti Exhaust Muffler and Pipe set.

Stay tuned!

Cheers!

Last edited by SA7VA5 : 27th April 2010 at 12:16.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:59   #164
BHPian

Pics of all the NGK Goodies!
Attached Images

Old 4th June 2010, 10:28   #165
BHPian

Congrats Saurabh,
Could we have some sort of an explanation on what spark plug would be the best for Li150 and vijai?
Also, is the Iridium spark plug available and does it offer any added advantages? Like what?
Btw sorry I haven't had a chance to pick up your silencer, but I will get it rest assured.
Yesterday I found 2 NOS MAC lambretta PVC mudflaps in green and red! Wow! Anyone have a MAC on the forum?