Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 16th February 2009, 11:58   #181
BHPian

JayD is having one hell of a time these days,All the attention that he is grabbing on the road these days with the Landy would make a movie star envious, Congrats on the great job, after hanging around the workshops that this baby goes to I must say the attention to detail that jayD has paid is just immense.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 16:36   #182
BHPian

Congrats Jay, The Landmaster looks beautifull. Love that colour combo..
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 22:57   #183
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jay, I was off the net for a few days..
Boss your car looks - in one word, stunning ! All your efforts and attention to detail have paid off.. look at the finish, maaaan look at the finish ! Loss of words !
All the best to you, and may you enjoy many many happy years of unadulterated motoring pleasure with this classic !
Bliss ! yes, that's right .

Last edited by SuperSelect : 16th February 2009 at 22:59.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 10:22   #184

Lovely job JD!

Looking forward to owning a similar piece someday
ssakbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 10:40   #185
Senior - BHPian

Labour of love!

Great job, JayD. Terrific attention to detail and what a paint job (quality - you know what I think of the colour!)

And to think that the whole job cost you around the same amount I was charged for 'body preparation' - i.e., less than 1/4th of what MotorSux charged me without even considering the post-Bangalore costs!

Anyway, Land 1 is in great mechanical shape now thanks to nikki, should be going into the same paintshop on Monday!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 10:31   #186
BHPian

Jayadevaaaaaa, Adipoli.

Impossible to translate into other languages. Other malayalees, please try.

Dude the finish and detail on this car is simbleeee awesome. I will have to make a trip to Cochin just to see her in person

Vijay
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 12:02   #187
Senior - BHPian

good paint job,
but would have been great if it had the original sidevalve engine ,semaphores,lucas(glass) headlamps,lucas glass park lights and lucas glass lens.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 12:04   #188
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Jayadevaaaaaa, Adipoli.

Impossible to translate into other languages. Other malayalees, please try.

Dude the finish and detail on this car is simbleeee awesome. I will have to make a trip to Cochin just to see her in person

Vijay
JayD was getting rockstar levels of attention, there was a boy in his teens who kept coming back to ask questions about the car. Where did you get it from(evidunnu kitti?)? How much(ethrayayi?)? What do you do(chettante pani entha)?
And there was an enthusiast who said there are a few more landmasters waiting to be broken up in alleppey.
The tourist from england who got her taxi to reverse, so that she could see the car and congratulate the owner.
Many other tourists who wanted a pic with themselves next to the car.
Traffic would slow down, Two wheeler riders would risk life and limb-rubbernecking as they drove past.

@prabhuav- Adipoli= SmackBreak(translated literally) can be loosely translated as Smaaaaashing!
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 12:10   #189
BHPian

@ripper - I knew you were of loose character, to translate such loosely.
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 21:56   #190
Senior - BHPian

Was without a proper net access for the past two days, so couldn't follow up on the thread so much.

Thanks a ton for the appreciation guys, am really glad you all like it. This is my first resto job, and was a lil tensed up on whether it would turn up good. Thanks for all the help and support guys!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 22:01   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
What a beautiful colour, looks really beautiful. what is this colour called in the paint chart?

I am infatiated by your landy, dont worry you'll have plenty of time to keep adding all the missing bits, in some of my cars its taken more than three years to find all the original bits and pieces. That should'nt stop you from enjoying this lovely car.
Thanks a lot amol! The colour was custom mixed, its actually sky blue with a hint of green in it. will see if there is any particular combination for it.

Yep, am now planning to get all the small things sorted out. Was really glad to drive her after the long wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa1955 View Post
Dear Jay D

congrats the car's come out well. Even for my Landmaster i had the same issue later i did the strencil cut and made it little better. However in bangalore and chennai they do mould the numbers and alphabets to the font and size one wishes to same can be done in copper / alluminium the costs are a bit high but the finished product is what your cars requires.

if you would like i can forward the details of this person.
Bsa_1955, i'll pm u regarding the numberplate, am now really planning to change it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Congrats JayD!!! Very very well executed. Simply love the color combo and the white wall tyres. Agree with Karl's suggestion on the Horn Ring, Steering Color and the period Number plates. No changes required in a hurry though. Your car looks fab just the way it is. Enjoy.
Thanks a lot santosh, I need to get the small stuff sorted out. Any help on finding the mentioned stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
JayD was getting rockstar levels of attention, there was a boy in his teens who kept coming back to ask questions about the car. Where did you get it from(evidunnu kitti?)? How much(ethrayayi?)? What do you do(chettante pani entha)?
And there was an enthusiast who said there are a few more landmasters waiting to be broken up in alleppey.
The tourist from england who got her taxi to reverse, so that she could see the car and congratulate the owner.
Many other tourists who wanted a pic with themselves next to the car.
Traffic would slow down, Two wheeler riders would risk life and limb-rubbernecking as they drove past.

@prabhuav- Adipoli= SmackBreak(translated literally) can be loosely translated as Smaaaaashing!
Oh yeah! The fort cochin episode was fun. especially the kid, it felt familiar tho, but was at the wrong end of the conversation!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 22:51   #192
BHPian

Great paint job JayD. The car looks like it has just rolled out of the assembly line.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 22:58   #193
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic job JayD. Lots been said about this car. Now a small request. Take some nice photograph against some dark background. Profile shot is a must.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 23:15   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
T

Bsa_1955, i'll pm u regarding the numberplate, am now really planning to change it!
mashe polappan!

Just want you to change the number plates.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 23:39   #195
Senior - BHPian

Lovely job. Congrats Jay. Love the colour. Would agree with Karl about painting the entire Steering wheel white.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote