Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 19th February 2009, 00:07   #196
BHPian

Great job done sir!
I should add that changing the rearview mirror is a must.
The original one is a little sammler and has rounded corners.

A vintage is a vintage alas!
kcj3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 00:34   #197
BHPian

Fantabulous! Simply amazing job.

@ JayD: The paint job and the interiors feel so retro so original. It looks like perfect mint condition. Beautiful restoration.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 04:38   #198
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations JayD, amazing restoration job. Just fell in love with your car, eventhough I didn't like the color much. Attracts too much attention, as you have already experienced.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 15:23   #199
BANNED

good show piece car,but from the classic point of view there is a lot left to be attended to.
by the way was this car in KOLLAM before?I think this owned by one engineer named Salaam. he was looking around for a sidevalve engine for this(this was what was told to me by the mechanic in Madannada a few yrs ago.) anyway I am going to Kollam this weekend.will get some updates on its journey to KOCHI
classico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 16:26   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
good paint job,
but would have been great if it had the original sidevalve engine ,semaphores,lucas(glass) headlamps,lucas glass park lights and lucas glass lens.
Ajay, am not interested in putting back the sidevalve engine, but if available, would purchase one, just for the heck of it.

I have a pair of original 'Lucas' glass headlamps in perfect condition with me, but again, its currently stored safely at home, am using The normal variety for practical reasons.

Have procured the semaphores and the glass lenses would be here soon too, but again, the plastic one on the car is new, and i don't think i'd be changing it anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classico View Post
good show piece car,but from the classic point of view there is a lot left to be attended to.
by the way was this car in KOLLAM before?I think this owned by one engineer named Salaam. he was looking around for a sidevalve engine for this(this was what was told to me by the mechanic in Madannada a few yrs ago.) anyway I am going to Kollam this weekend.will get some updates on its journey to KOCHI
Classico, can u tell me apart from the engine, what bit on this car is left wanting?? Pls don't shoot off random comments if you can't point it out.

And pls dont waste your time hunting for the history of this car, pls PM me, and i'll give it to you.

There may be certain small bits left out here and there, and those would be attended in days to come.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 18:23   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

ChettAn, (just IMHO) I guess you should try putting up a pic. of this car in your avtaar for a change!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 14:50   #202
Senior - BHPian

Default landmaster parking lamps assy

here is the photo of the landmaster parking lamp assembly.
this guy has 6 pairs of them for sale.
also a single pair of nos LUCAS glass parking lamp(made in england)
Attached Images

ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 18:01   #203
BHPian

Fantastic!!!

The Car looks very Chic and ORIGINAL and nice colour scheme too.
Great Restoration.
Congrats.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 02:10   #204
BHPian

Very Sweet Ride, Congrats! Although the Landmaster, to my knowledge never came in 2 tone colors, it simply fits the period look and is gracious.
56landmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 03:40   #205
BHPian

Excellent Job mate !!..The color combination is awesome.
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 14:47   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Classico, can u tell me apart from the engine, what bit on this car is left wanting?? Pls don't shoot off random comments if you can't point it out.

And pls dont waste your time hunting for the history of this car, pls PM me, and i'll give it to you.

There may be certain small bits left out here and there, and those would be attended in days to come.
JayD ,you neednt get so worked up by me post.
for your info here are the specific points.
1.Colour scheme: landy never came in two tone colour scheme.
2.Transmission: Bell housing cover of landmaster gear box will not work with OHV engine, so it will be not present in your car. sometimes even the
original gear box might have been changed in some stage
3.all the lenses are made of glass by lucass as mentioned by someone else in this thread.
4.traffikators made by lucass with lens of orange colour made in glass with lucass logo.
5.wiper arms made by lucass made in england.
6.steering was not painted ivory like in your car.
7.only ivory pull knobs are to be seen on the dash board.
8.original UNION keys and ignition switch made in england.
9.original jack
10.original tool kit including jack lever
11.original roof upholsery is multipiece perforated offwhite vinyl with a round domelite made by lucass in glass in the centre
this is what i can say from the photos, after seeing the engine bay only can one say what it laks in orginalty.

also regarding history i have already received total info thanks to the mechnic and a feloww teamBHPian......

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th February 2009 at 20:26. Reason: Quote fixed.
classico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:08   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.Colour scheme: landy never came in two tone colour scheme.
2.Transmission: Bell housing cover of landmaster gear box will not work with OHV engine, so it will be not present in your car. sometimes even the
original gear box might have been changed in some stage
3.all the lenses are made of glass by lucass as mentioned by someone els e in this thread.
4.traffikators made by lucass with lens of orange colour made in glass with lucass logo.
5.wiper arms made by lucass made in england.
6.steering was not painted ivory like in your car.
7.only ivory pull knobs are to be seen on the dash board.
8.original UNION keys and ignition switch made in england.
9.original jack
10.original tool kit including jack lever
11.original roof upholsery is multipiece perforated offwhite vinyl with a round domelite made by lucass in glass in the centre
this is what i can say from the photos, after seeing the engine bay only can one say what it laks in orginalty.

Hi classico,I did not get wrked up or anying. I really apreciate your feedback. Its brickbats like this which help one to achieve perection, but i don't think that's your intention.

If u look at my previous posts, i have explained in detail about points
2,3, and 4 menioned by you. why keep on repeating the same??

1) colour scheme: I ts my choice and i never claimed it to be original.

5) I don't know what brand it is, will check over the weekend. But its a chrome unit an that's all im interested in.

6) The steering in my car s not painted, only the centre boss is painted. Several members have pointed out the same. I Like how it looks, and it will be the same for some time atleast.

7)One knob on the dash is extra, that's black. will be chonged to an ivory one soon.

9&10) Honestly dude, have seen the car recenty?? After i ot it?? pls do so, before u comment on things u dont know.

8) My car has the Union keys. u seem to have figured out a lot from the external shots classico! Superb!!

11) From my external shots,and one of the dash, U've figured out my roof lamp is not original. Brilliant.

Dude, all i've got to say that yours is not any productitive critism. U just are trying to crap the thread.

I said earlier, i completey open to all critisism, and negative, but pls make your facts correct before u post them over here. Dont comment about things u don't know.(which is obvious).

You, are welcome anytime to see the car, crawl under it or do whatever necessary to find more faults with it, and post them here. Pls refrain from posting facts which are not true here, pls see the car before posting anything more here. Afterall, its very close to your place na?? Lets join up for a meet!

P.S: Dude, pls not the fact that i've mentioned that work on the car is a continuing process, and am ironing out the small bugs one by one. PLs read amols post a few pages back to understand this point better.

This is my first resto project, and the main bjective of this is fun, and some enjoyment. I'm not looking for a 'concours' car.

I suggest u too try restoring a car, and find out that there is more to it than a keyboerd, google, and a mechanic.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th February 2009 at 14:59. Reason: Please check for typos before posting. Also please try to type "u" as "you". Thanks!
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:44   #208
BHPian

Smile

Hey JayD,

Congrats!! Simply Stunning!!! Looks New & Immaculate!!! And sure is a Head Turner I must say!!

Cheers

Ramesh
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:50   #209
BHPian

dude only two smilys per post

are you back?? KB100 wants to organise a small meet

and dude what about the feul guage you got it connected ?
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:54   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
are you back?? KB100 wants to organise a small meet
And Land 1 is waiting for you to take it to the paintshop!

Quote:

also regarding history i have already received total info thanks to the mechnic and a feloww teamBHPian......
Dear classico/ajay99

What exactly is your point?

The owner of the car can tell you what exactly is not original and what is. I personally know of the effort this boy has taken to bring the car to this shape - scrounging around scrapyards and old stockists, carrying the bumpers from coimbatore by bus.

If this is the way he wanted it, why not let him enjoy it the way he wants to?

Personally I'm quite impressed by the effort taken by a 20-year old (is he 20 yet?) to restore this car. Its a fun project - dont read more into it. After all, HOW seriously can one take a car painted in such errr...gay colours?

If you want to see true originality, I suggest you take a look at his immaculate, factory-condition Mk 1 Amby.

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th February 2009 at 15:14.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote