Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 17:28   #211
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: kidangoor
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hi classico,I did not get wrked up or anying. I really apreciate your feedback. Its brickbats like this which help one to achieve perection, but i don't think that's your intention.
i dont understand what you mean by perection.


If u look at my previous posts, i have explained in detail about points
2,3, and 4 menioned by you. why keep on repeating the same??

1) colour scheme: I ts my choice and i never claimed it to be original.

5) I don't know what brand it is, will check over the weekend. But its a chrome unit an that's all im interested in.

6) The steering in my car s not painted, only the centre boss is painted. Several members have pointed out the same. I Like how it looks, and it will be the same for some time atleast.

7)One knob on the dash is extra, that's black. will be chonged to an ivory one soon.

9&10) Honestly dude, have seen the car recenty?? After i ot it?? pls do so, before u comment on things u dont know.

8) My car has the Union keys. u seem to have figured out a lot from the external shots classico! Superb!!

i never said that your car have or dont have them i mentioned that becausee you asked to point out specific item i have seen many landmasters and most do not have this if you have them,well and good.

11) From my external shots,and one of the dash, U've figured out my roof lamp is not original. Brilliant.

Dude, all i've got to say that yours is not any productitive critism. U just are trying to crap the thread.

I said earlier, i completey open to all critisism, and negative, but pls make your facts correct before u post them over here. Dont comment about things u don't know.(which is obvious).

I dont understaand why you say i am trying to ''crap'' this thread (whatever you mean by 'crap'' i dont know). also dont try to intimidate others by saying " dont comment'' etc in a open foruum like this

You, are welcome anytime to see the car, crawl under it or do whatever necessary to find more faults with it, and post them here. Pls refrain from posting facts which are not true here, pls see the car before posting anything more here. Afterall, its very close to your place na?? Lets join up for a meet!
thanks for the invitation. 160 kms is although not very close . i accept your request of not posting anything more abt the car before seeing it



P.S: Dude, pls not the fact that i've mentioned that work on the car is a continuing process, and am ironing out the small bugs one by one. PLs read amols post a few pages back to understand this point better.

This is my first resto project, and the main bjective of this is fun, and some enjoyment. I'm not looking for a 'concours' car.

I suggest u too try restoring a car, and find out that there is more to it than a keyboerd, google, and a mechanic.

Thanks for the suggestion,but i donot know from what and how you assumed that I have neither restored a car nor i am saying things using gooogle/information from a mechanic.



Have a nice day.
same to you
classico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 17:59   #212
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

JayD! Your Landmaster project was a real eye opener for me. It was fun going to the garage with you. Spending hours in the dust oogling at the car while it lay in bits and pieces. The touch, feel and satisfaction was something which can never be expressed thru words. Man! It is these kinda experience which makes this life worth living.

Now, the car is out.
It's an attractive beauty.
It commands attention.
It has lived upto a special aura.
Congratulations!

Forget all those nitpickers. You've got what you wanted from this restoration project. If somebody is irritated, let it be.

Wait till I'm back!
We're going to drive this beauty and have a gala of time out of it. We'll paint the town BLUE (& white) in it. We'll go for movies in it. We'll go for coffee in it. We'll go to beautiful beaches in it. We'll raid all the hills in it. We'll give lifts to all beautiful chicks in it. We'll take them home in it.
Let the world go green in envy, We'll sing Jai ho in it!
speedzak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 22:33   #213
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Wow Zak, wonderful words... You've pumped new enthusiasm in me, with my Super select project going Super slow !
Reading your post makes me want to do all those things, and will keep me going thru the resto.
Thanks man !
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:51   #214
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,696 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
here is the photo of the landmaster parking lamp assembly.
this guy has 6 pairs of them for sale.
also a single pair of nos LUCAS glass parking lamp(made in england)
The firm that made these plasticky parking lights here in India viz. JMI has closed down.Though plasticky and prone to becoming yellow or jaundiced, these used to do the job well. I am not sure if there is any other firm manufacturing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Wokaaay!!! The baby's finally done! Had a great photoshoot today morning, and I must say, this thing really grabs attention!!

Here are some pix!
Jay! Viewed the front and rear chrome strips around the windscreens after speaking with you on the phone. Thats excellent. Try and get the horn ring for the steering. I am sure you will get it soon.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd June 2009 at 20:56.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 18:35   #215
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,402
Thanked: 932 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The firm that made these plasticky parking lights here in India viz. JMI has closed down.Though plasticky and prone to becoming yellow or jaundiced, these used to do the job well. I am not sure if there is any other firm manufacturing them.
i am not aware of these facts, but a few weeks back I got a pair of park lens assembly mint condition in original box packing for Rs.450/-.photos already posted in classic parts thread

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2009 at 19:38. Reason: Fixing quote
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 19:37   #216
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,696 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The firm that made these plasticky parking lights here in India viz. JMI has closed down.Though plasticky and prone to becoming yellow or jaundiced, these used to do the job well. I am not sure if there is any other firm manufacturing them.

i am not aware of these facts, but a few weeks back I got a pair of park lens assembly mint condition in original box packing for Rs.450/-.photos already posted in classic parts thread
Its good that you could get pair of park lens assembly. Its tough to procure these. I was told by Maulana Mansoor the spare dealer for old cars,located in the Mutton Street Market, Mumbai that JMI has closed down.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2009 at 19:38. Reason: Fixing quote
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 19:37   #217
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Chrome mirrors

Jay D How about having a set of chrome mirrors either on mudgaurd or near the quarter glass?.

Last edited by chanu : 6th August 2009 at 19:39. Reason: adding some more info
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 11:15   #218
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Stuttgart, Germany.
Posts: 815
Thanked: 96 Times
Exclamation BUMP! My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11

BUMP!

It's been 4 years exactly from the last post on this insanely beautiful car, I dont know how I ever missed the thread!!

How's the landy doing now?

More pictures?
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 15:58   #219
h14
BHPian
 
h14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CBE/BLR
Posts: 802
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default Re: My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11

Thanks for bumping up Edmund, else I would have missed this thread too!

JayD, time for some fresh pictures from your new cam
h14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'3 on the Tree' - Shift Diagram for Hindustan Landmaster 56landmaster Post-War 2 14th September 2013 19:55
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete PAVAN KADAM Post-War 576 20th July 2013 19:35
Project Landmaster jagadeesh.b Post-War 33 22nd August 2012 14:56
Landmaster Project - Part II Steeroid Post-War 516 22nd June 2009 13:38
My Landmaster Project Steeroid Post-War 524 30th July 2008 23:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks