Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 17th August 2008, 13:09   #76
BHPian

i think this is the car about which you are discussing.I have taken this photo at Pune rally in 2005
Attached Images

veldeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 13:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I APPOLOGISE on behalf of my brother and myself.
Aree no need to apologize budy its just that i was so confused as you were regarding contradicting statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I APPOLOGISE on behalf of my brother and myself.
i will be 30 in the next two months bhai.
What?? 30?? well you dont look a bit over 25. What do you eat, a tonne of chyawanprash a day? Kya khate ho bhaiyye
in two months you will be 30 good, wheres the party then for your milestone birthday.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 13:26   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
Insideman

Regretfully there is no Ferrari 250 GT California in Pakistan. There however is a 1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso. It is now in a reasonable state and yes, the owner does not want to sell.

PS. Read my post on the Gullwing in Pakistan.
Hey, I have seen pictures of the car myself. It is a California Spcial. I know that because i wanted to see the 1070 Plymouth Hemi Cuda which lies with the same owner of the vehicle. ; ) i prefer those cars! BUT BUT BUT, if you could send me your hotmail account i could send you the pictures.
PS: I didnt buy the Hemi Cuda as could not transfer papers. (which is horrible)
insideman is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 18th August 2008, 16:05   #79
BHPian

Hey guys, its 3.33 and i have news for you! I just got back from seeing the 300Sl ! ! have the picture. It is a gullwing! And yes its in Bombay! The owner is fairly old, and has put the car in a trust and that is why you cant find the car. His son is not interested in old cars and so he decided to put the car in a trust so his son does not sell it. It was originally silver, black trim interiors. (Why he repainted it Red) 'He changed it to red as he used to have a Lancia Flaminia as well, and that was red and missed it so much he wanted this to be red to remind him of when he was young and drove that to college. Well, he has a Cadillac as well and its not in good condition either. He says the car was believed to be in South India(Originally imported by Air to South India). To Chennai but spend its early life somewhere in Ooty but does not know exactly where.
I wish I could have taken a video! but he did not want me to. He did not even want me to take photos but I pleaded and he let me take 1! so I did. So, apart from that, he takes the car out very rarely, and whenever so, on fridays, between lunchtime and 3 pm. Okay. There is a pretty bad dent on the roof, as though a bring or something has allen on it. He said that it happen when his building was under restauration. The side too which has no paint is just because of the heat and the paint has bubbled and the coat has dried and fallen off. the interriors are impecable! Well, the car is in perfect running condition but he says it leaks sometimes, spills oil. Well thats about it and i dont know how to attach the picture!

Please tell me how to attach the picture!!!
insideman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 16:36   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
Please tell me how to attach the picture!!!
Here you go. Waiting in anticipation.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...tml#post916884
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 19:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

great news insideman so one car does exist yet in India. looking forward to seeing pictures of it. If the owner needs any help with his cars i would be glad to help.
what year is the cadillac he owns? did you manage to get any pictures of it?
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 21:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

i just thought i would share some peice of information i just remembered.

Karl/ Harit uncle this is my quiry and please dont missunderstand.

Mr.Nirmal Bhogilal had a silver 190sl with a black top (not smaller but normal size with no winter top) with the monograms and grill painted black. what happened to that car?. i used to see it for years in his building compound and i am sure alot of people passing his house would have seen it too.

Does it mean that he exchanged the silver one for the red one with Mr Jasdanwalla? OR
the Red turned silver and is back to red again?

i also have found someone who has seen one 300sl Gullwing in Bombay and knew who the car belonged to. there was also another that was there in some part of India belonging to a princely state. the person has forgotten the state now. the person does not know what happened to both these cars. these are not present sightings but done years ago.
This 300sl gullwing mentioned by insideman could be the Bombay car.

i guess Harit uncle would know better, hence i do not wish to mention the person or any other information.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:50   #83
BHPian

can i mail the picture to one of you because popups are blocked on my computer? can someone put it up for me? like a hotmail account or something?
Old 18th August 2008, 21:53   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
can i mail the picture to one of you because popups are blocked on my computer? can someone put it up for me? like a hotmail account or something?
Now stop teasing us

You can send them to me here

karlbhote at gmail. com

Eagrly awaiting them!
Old 18th August 2008, 22:10   #85
BHPian

Thanks man, i sent it to you! 300SL all the way! PIS was COURTESY With my PORSCHE Phone! you can see the reflection of my face on that car! and notich the reflection of the ceiling, its tin and drips with water from the monsoons! I wish i could keep this car in my house! i would take care of it and sleep in it!
Old 18th August 2008, 22:19   #86
Team-BHP Support

Well here is the picture from insideman. It still doesnt tell us much unfortunately. Any more pics insideman? Can you give us a numberplate shot?
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Classic Mercedes Benz 190 SL-00.jpg  

Last edited by karlosdeville : 18th August 2008 at 22:22.
Old 18th August 2008, 22:31   #87
BHPian

I was allowed to take only one picture, and so i took this one to show you that it was a 300sl gullwing, the number was - MHF-1_ _ but i was tod not to share it. He told me that there is one more 300sl(roadster) in delhi that is still there with a friend and that it is black , i will try and get more info on that.
Old 18th August 2008, 22:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

insideman this does not state or show it is a gullwing. it only implies it is a 300sl. this could be Hema bhai's car too.
could you PM me details of the owner as there is a fair chance we might know the person and try and get more pictures or information from him. Do find out about his cadillac please. thank you.

Karl if you do have pictures of Hema bhais 300sl. could you post it so that insideman can confirm if it is the same car that he saw or another. thank you.

Last edited by speedy : 18th August 2008 at 23:00.
Old 18th August 2008, 23:04   #89
BHPian

Its is a 1959 300Sl gullwing.
Old 18th August 2008, 23:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was allowed to take only one picture, and so i took this one to show you that it was a 300sl gullwing, the number was - MHF-1_ _ but i was tod not to share it. He told me that there is one more 300sl(roadster) in delhi that is still there with a friend and that it is black , i will try and get more info on that.
Quote:
Its is a 1959 300Sl gullwing.
i am not doubting you my friend. it might be there as i believe it is there. i am just clearing my doubts, thats all.
your mentioning that the owner said there is one more 300sl roadster in delhi. which implies and indicates to me that his is a 300sl roadster as well. according to me the roadster and gullwing are two different things. i would leave it to the experts to correct me if i am wrong.