Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 23:34   #1561
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,353
Thanked: 1,705 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCB has got a new member!

A Blue 1964 Super Select, in super mint condition. Owned by Mr. Srinivas of Jeep Thrills. OTR guys will know him well. Recent Bangalore OTR where BD Sir too was present was held in Mr. Srinivas's Land.

He has kept the Fiat very well as he is a Mechanical Engineer. He has promised to help us in our future restoration projects. He stays very close to Karthik Makam's house.
Its indeed a beutiful car. Fully original. It has been repainted couple of times with its original period color. It has clocked over 2 lakh kilometers and has travelled every nook and corner of India without any issues at all. Mr. Srinivas also has a spare engine for it. Its Mr. Srinivas's grand dad's car and has been taken care just like a family member. Car was covered today and did not click pictures.

We will be meeting him some other time when he is free and will spend some time with him and check out his car.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 10:55   #1562
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 574
Thanked: 359 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Its indeed a beutiful car. Fully original. It has been repainted couple of times with its original period color. It has clocked over 2 lakh kilometers and has travelled every nook and corner of India without any issues at all. Mr. Srinivas also has a spare engine for it. Its Mr. Srinivas's grand dad's car and has been taken care just like a family member. Car was covered today and did not click pictures.

We will be meeting him some other time when he is free and will spend some time with him and check out his car.
Oh Man, love to see such cars, especially cars with meters clocked above 2lakh kms. hats off to fiat engines.
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 21:29   #1563
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I was always dreaming to buy one of the three Fiats Resting in peace in Bangy.

First one is a 1967ish Delight parked in a house compound for more than a decade in Frazer Town. Today I see the compound neatly cleaned and the Delight is missing. Wonder what happened to it.

Second one is a Fiat 1100 R!. Was lying on the road in Indranagar for few years. This car too is missing since few days.

Third one is a Super Select. luckily the car is still on the road outside a construction site near Ulsoor Lake. Very neat body line. Few original parts missing. Seeing a SS in white for the first time!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc02103.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc02104.jpg  

arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 21:37   #1564
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,353
Thanked: 1,705 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I was always dreaming to buy one of the three Fiats Resting in peace in Bangy.

First one is a 1967ish Delight parked in a house compound for more than a decade in Frazer Town. Today I see the compound neatly cleaned and the Delight is missing. Wonder what happened to it.

Second one is a Fiat 1100 R!. Was lying on the road in Indranagar for few years. This car too is missing since few days.
Its time for FCB to start an investigation on this matter. Atleast find what happened, for tracking purpose. I hope it has atleast reached safe hands.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 21:46   #1565
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,276
Thanked: 1,446 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Third one is a Super Select. luckily the car is still on the road outside a construction site near Ulsoor Lake. Very neat body line. Few original parts missing. Seeing a SS in white for the first time!
Arun, sad to hear about the other 2 fiats missing!
Good to see this one still around. Definitely worth picking up but I can see from the regn. its a Madras car. Would it be feasible to trasnfer into your name?Or maybe the owners have paid the KA tax and thus retaining the Madras number?

Anyways, I would really be happy when you end up with an "OHH REE GEE NAL 1100" fiat! Good luck!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 21:50   #1566
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,353
Thanked: 1,705 Times
Default

Arun/Suji/MB: We also have news of a Super Select, may be for sale in my area. Not in very good condition, and is disintegrating quickly. Srinivas told us the other day. I guess we need to check it out too.

Last edited by funkykar : 13th April 2010 at 21:51.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 21:52   #1567
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Arun, sad to hear about the other 2 fiats missing!
Good to see this one still around. Definitely worth picking up but I can see from the regn. its a Madras car. Would it be feasible to trasnfer into your name?Or maybe the owners have paid the KA tax and thus retaining the Madras number?
I was about to ask you about the regn number. Will try to speak to the owner tomorrow.

Quote:
Anyways, I would really be happy when you end up with an "OHH REE GEE NAL 1100" fiat! Good luck!
Shyam I too love to own one. Currently having problem at home to buy a old car specially if its badly rusted and all. So I bought the grey Padmini.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 23:06   #1568
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,444 Times
Default

One more S1 pic at my mechanics place
Attached Images
 
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 07:40   #1569
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,353
Thanked: 1,705 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
One more S1 pic at my mechanics place
Good one! Like the wheeks. Is it floor or column shift?
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 23:38   #1570
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,401
Thanked: 598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I was about to ask you about the regn number. Will try to speak to the owner tomorrow.



Shyam I too love to own one. Currently having problem at home to buy a old car specially if its badly rusted and all. So I bought the grey Padmini.
If it's not the rusting issue, you can have my car any given day. With my work requiring too much of travel, i am hardly finding any time for her :O{.

And the one White Super Select (Could be select also), you have posted is a repaint and the oly good thing about her is the Brand new White wall tyres :O}

Last edited by manishalive : 14th April 2010 at 23:41.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 23:47   #1571
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
If it's not the rusting issue, you can have my car any given day. With my work requiring too much of travel, i am hardly finding any time for her :O{.
You are sounding bit sad! Try Kannan once man. He will surely help you. We all can request him to restore your car.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 08:06   #1572
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,353
Thanked: 1,705 Times
Default

Manish:
Where is your car presently? Is it under covered parking?

Arun:
Yesterday in the heavy rains, I noticed that water is entering through the wind shield beading on my S1. At the bottom, at the corners. I also noticed that the shelf was wet. I got to replace the beading ASAP. Where is it available and is there a specific brand I need to pick? How much does it cost?
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 08:26   #1573
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Manish:
Where is your car presently? Is it under covered parking?
Yes. Its parked in his Apartment basement.
Quote:
Arun:
Yesterday in the heavy rains, I noticed that water is entering through the wind shield beading on my S1. At the bottom, at the corners. I also noticed that the shelf was wet. I got to replace the beading ASAP. Where is it available and is there a specific brand I need to pick? How much does it cost?
I too noticed it. The brush you kept below the glove box was wet.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 08:30   #1574
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,353
Thanked: 1,705 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Yes. Its parked in his Apartment basement.


I too noticed it. The brush you kept below the glove box was wet.
Any idea which brand I should get and where is it available?
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 09:20   #1575
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Any idea which brand I should get and where is it available?
Arild was OE. Wonder which make is available now.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow samsag12 Post-War 149 26th June 2016 14:14
Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club-Original 1974 Premier President arun1100 Post-War 49 21st January 2015 19:15
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! Sujith1100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 146 25th October 2011 21:53
Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur! FiatMyLife Travelogues 86 11th January 2011 23:49
Wanted: Fiat 1100: Bangalore khan_sultan Shifting gears 4 22nd June 2009 23:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks