Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 13:48   #1651
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,323
Thanked: 1,460 Times
Default

Wow! Behram sir, may be you should come to Bangalore and conduct a Fiat 1100 camp and enlighten us with your 1977 experiences. May be after 3 decades we would be telling others how eventful 2010 was for us

Last edited by funkykar : 6th May 2010 at 13:50.
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 14:32   #1652
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

BD Sir,
I was trying for this book from many days and I was really speechless when I found the book. I will surely read the book throughly before I start work on my cars.
As you have also confirmed that the book is very informative, I will pass on the copies to as many people as possible.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 21:58   #1653
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

FCBians:

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club is participating in the event "Race to the clouds" - A ride to Nandi Hills in June!.

Why not we Fiatians too join them, independently with our Fiats?! It will be a nice drive to the hill.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 22:10   #1654
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,775
Thanked: 798 Times
Default

Race to the clouds..what a poetic way.
Fiats will be great to accompany.Its a treat to eyes.Make it happen FCB.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 22:17   #1655
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,323
Thanked: 1,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCBians:

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club is participating in the event "Race to the clouds" - A ride to Nandi Hills in June!.

Why not we Fiatians too join them, independently with our Fiats?! It will be a nice drive to the hill.
Sure sure Arun! We can have small FCB rally/meet along with our Fiats without being a nuisense to the event.

I wish I could participate in that race. I dont have a racing scoot like Sujith. FCB will cheer for the classic scoots. I personally would cheer for Sujith and his Lamby. Its a pocket rocket. My moddeed RX literally cant easily beat his Li 125. My money would be on Sujith
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 23:57   #1656
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Sure sure Arun! We can have small FCB rally/meet along with our Fiats without being a nuisense to the event.

I wish I could participate in that race. I dont have a racing scoot like Sujith. FCB will cheer for the classic scoots. I personally would cheer for Sujith and his Lamby. Its a pocket rocket. My moddeed RX literally cant easily beat his Li 125. My money would be on Sujith
Thanks a lot Makam, but instead of betting on me and my scooter please fund for my spare such as clutch plates , brakes

I have spoken to the BCSC founder over the phone regarding the hill climb. Am trying to arrange for a separate category for the Fiat1100's. Or try in the 1000-1500CC Stock-category and amaze the young generation who don't respect oldies. Ones I get more details on the event, we can invite all our members.

Thanks
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 00:21   #1657
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,323
Thanked: 1,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Thanks a lot Makam, but instead of betting on me and my scooter please fund for my spare such as clutch plates , brakes

I have spoken to the BCSC founder over the phone regarding the hill climb. Am trying to arrange for a separate category for the Fiat1100's. Or try in the 1000-1500CC Stock-category and amaze the young generation who don't respect oldies. Ones I get more details on the event, we can invite all our members.

Thanks
I would bet since I know you (I) would win

Thanks that you are trying to get a category for our 1100's. I am extremely appreciative of your effort.
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 10:17   #1658
BHPian
 
Sidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 415
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCBians:

Bangalore Classic Scooter Club is participating in the event "Race to the clouds" - A ride to Nandi Hills in June!.

Why not we Fiatians too join them, independently with our Fiats?! It will be a nice drive to the hill.
Nothing is finalized yet. We are trying to see if 6 scooters are willing to participate, in which case, the organizers are willing to introduce the geared scooter category. I have spoken to Sujith about this. How about tuning a Fiat and entering it in the Hill Climb...at least people will know what a Fiat is capable of!We may not ride the bikes all the way to Nandi Hills, we might have to transport them.
Sidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 14:34   #1659
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,372
Thanked: 550 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Please never give this book to anybody. Even if someone wants to have a zerox copy, please go along to the zerox store, wait there and take the book back. I have taken at least 50 zerox copies and given to 50 people but I have never given my original book to anybody.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
This poor guy with a 1959 Fiat 1100 is awaiting for a copy of the Italian Manual. Can we get a copy of the same. The manuals are of utmost importance, since I will be reconditioning my Powertrain.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 14:36   #1660
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,323
Thanked: 1,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
This poor guy with a 1959 Fiat 1100 is awaiting for a copy of the Italian Manual. Can we get a copy of the same. The manuals are of utmost importance, since I will be reconditioning my Powertrain.

We will definitely try Manish! If it exists in Bangalore, we get you a copy.
funkykar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 20:53   #1661
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

FCB Member Mr. Arun Vasudevan's very original Super Select. Enjoy the pics.

Ravi: Yet another Blue SS!
Attached Images
         
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 21:44   #1662
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,225
Thanked: 1,354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCB Member Mr. Arun Vasudevan's very original Super Select. Enjoy the pics.

Ravi: Yet another Blue SS!
Aah, molto bene! Even the original door runners seem to be intact in the interior! What a car!

If only it had the original rims and hubcaps, would have been complete!
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 21:52   #1663
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,598
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Very well kept car indeed. Most of the original fittings seem intact. Although I think it has been resprayed.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 23:28   #1664
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,804
Thanked: 203 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCB Member Mr. Arun Vasudevan's very original Super Select. Enjoy the pics.

Ravi: Yet another Blue SS!
Omigod Arun, what a beaut ! Thanks man, you made my day .
Is the interior factory original ??
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 10:00   #1665
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,378
Thanked: 6,232 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCB Member Mr. Arun Vasudevan's very original Super Select. Enjoy the pics.
That is a lovely car with tremendous potential. That interior material and (rather bright) colour used to be factory fitted in later Delights and Presidents. I have it in my 72 Delight.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow samsag12 Post-War 149 26th June 2016 14:14
Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club-Original 1974 Premier President arun1100 Post-War 49 21st January 2015 19:15
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! Sujith1100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 146 25th October 2011 21:53
Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur! FiatMyLife Travelogues 86 11th January 2011 23:49
Wanted: Fiat 1100: Bangalore khan_sultan Shifting gears 4 22nd June 2009 23:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks