Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 00:53   #1741
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

When I saw this car for the first time even I was shocked and amazed. But late when I learnt more about it, it disappointed me a lot. There is nothing Fiat left in it ! And more hurting is the AUDI grill on a FIAT. The car has been modified well and to perfection, I must say that honestly, but the Complete Originality has been LOST. The fun and adventure of driving and oldy is below zero . I feel its insulting this wonderful Italian Brand, and the car (Fiat 1100) which has become a BRAND itself in INDIA.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:39   #1742
BHPian
 
beetle_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
When I saw this car for the first time even I was shocked and amazed. But late when I learnt more about it, it disappointed me a lot. There is nothing Fiat left in it ! And more hurting is the AUDI grill on a FIAT. The car has been modified well and to perfection, I must say that honestly, but the Complete Originality has been LOST. The fun and adventure of driving and oldy is below zero . I feel its insulting this wonderful Italian Brand, and the car (Fiat 1100) which has become a BRAND itself in INDIA.
Hi Sujit i totally agree with you as it has lost all the originality of a fiat, and I heard this car is for sale.
beetle_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 17:30   #1743
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Hi Sujit i totally agree with you as it has lost all the originality of a fiat, and I heard this car is for sale.
Are you serious? The owner sounded like he will NEVER EVER sell it on all the rallys.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 18:37   #1744
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Hi Sujit i totally agree with you as it has lost all the originality of a fiat, and I heard this car is for sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Are you serious? The owner sounded like he will NEVER EVER sell it on all the rallys.
Sell or Scarp !! If it was a FIAT then we can try to save it, but this car is an AUDI naa ! The AUDI **** CLUB BANGALORE(ACB) will take care of it.
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 20:15   #1745
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Sell or Scarp !! If it was a FIAT then we can try to save it, but this car is an AUDI naa ! The AUDI **** CLUB BANGALORE(ACB) will take care of it.
Arre yaar.. What are you saying?!

Whats wrong with this Audi faced Fiat?
1. It has a 118NE Nissan Engine.
2. The front grill is of Audi.
For these two reasons you say its not a FIAT and you are willing for this FIAT to get scrapped.

Solution:
All it needs is Rs.5000/- to become a good Fiat 1100 Delight.
1. Fiat 1100/ Premier Padmini engine from guijri. Rs.4500/-
2. A Delight grill from gujiri. Rs.500/-

Instead of sending this car to gujiri, get the above two parts from gujiri and fix them to this Delight.

I have a big heart for FIATs. I wish you too have little more mercy for FIATs.

Last edited by arun1100 : 25th May 2010 at 20:16.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 21:27   #1746
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Arre yaar.. What are you saying?!

Whats wrong with this Audi faced Fiat?
1. It has a 118NE Nissan Engine.
2. The front grill is of Audi.
For these two reasons you say its not a FIAT and you are willing for this FIAT to get scrapped.

Solution:
All it needs is Rs.5000/- to become a good Fiat 1100 Delight.
1. Fiat 1100/ Premier Padmini engine from guijri. Rs.4500/-
2. A Delight grill from gujiri. Rs.500/-

Instead of sending this car to gujiri, get the above two parts from gujiri and fix them to this Delight.

I have a big heart for FIATs. I wish you too have little more mercy for FIATs.
You seem to be forgetting the labor costs Arun
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 21:43   #1747
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
You seem to be forgetting the labor costs Arun
He he true. I didn't include the labor costs as I was answering to Suji's post. He is a Automobile Engineer and I thought he will restore this Audi Fiat as a college project.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 22:05   #1748
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 575
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
He he true. I didn't include the labor costs as I was answering to Suji's post. He is a Automobile Engineer and I thought he will restore this Audi Fiat as a college project.
i am ready to work with sujith if any help required to restore Audi grill car to PURE FIAT CAR
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 22:06   #1749
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
i am ready to work with sujith if any help required to restore Audi grill car to PURE FIAT CAR
I too will be curiously watching the project and helping you guys. Once the NE engine is off the car, I take it and run run and run.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 22:13   #1750
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
All it needs is Rs.5000/- to become a good Fiat 1100 Delight.
1. Fiat 1100/ Premier Padmini engine from guijri. Rs.4500/-
2. A Delight grill from gujiri. Rs.500/-
3. And all the other OH REE GEE NAL cosmetic stuff that you've been collecting to delight your padmini!
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 01:01   #1751
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

That's the spirit boy!! Arun check out you must be having a FIAT logo on you heart. I agree to what Arun says this car doesn't deserve to be a scrap (I hope the owner is not reading this posts) guys think about the love he has for this car which made him to still keep the car. Do you think its wrong to have a car of your desire/taste. I agree originality also matters but folks we have all kinds of people under the sky.

I still love the car as I love any other Fiat/PP inspite of an Audi grill etc etc (I'm still wondering where did he procure the grille from apart from the cost). Job simply well done. (If this car come cheap then I am game)

Last edited by chanu : 26th May 2010 at 01:03.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 08:20   #1752
BHPian
 
Mehul1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kangayam, TN
Posts: 240
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
That's the spirit boy!! Arun check out you must be having a FIAT logo on you heart. I agree to what Arun says this car doesn't deserve to be a scrap (I hope the owner is not reading this posts) guys think about the love he has for this car which made him to still keep the car. Do you think its wrong to have a car of your desire/taste. I agree originality also matters but folks we have all kinds of people under the sky.

I still love the car as I love any other Fiat/PP inspite of an Audi grill etc etc (I'm still wondering where did he procure the grille from apart from the cost). Job simply well done. (If this car come cheap then I am game)
I totally agree with Chanu, we should respect the love of the car owner has for his car. He modified it as per his like, atleast he took effort in modernising the car, not like the parent company who left the model to die, if any one is to blame here is the parent company who made a such a wonderful car, but then left untouched.

The idea behind the modification has worked well, many are attracted to this car, and for while it comes to there mind if they too had a Fiat like this, leave those who just can envie nothing else.

Originality of the car was manitained by PAL also then what happened the car production stopped, still many Fiat owners have kept the original car, but what use no one take effort to peep in.

This is just my point of view, may hurt some, sorry for that.

Last edited by Mehul1100 : 26th May 2010 at 08:22.
Mehul1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 08:51   #1753
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I still love the car as I love any other Fiat/PP inspite of an Audi grill etc etc (I'm still wondering where did he procure the grille from apart from the cost). Job simply well done. (If this car come cheap then I am game)
Assuming that's a genuine Audi grille, if the car is asked for without the grille then it is bound to come relatively cheap!

I hope it wasnt an all-original delight like yours before it was modded up though! Maybe it wasn't too original to begin with so the owner decided to go further?
But isnt the dashboard altered beyond "repair"? How to revert to the original if the car is to be restored back to originality?

Last edited by Stanher : 26th May 2010 at 08:57.
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 09:04   #1754
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

The Infamous Audi Fiat is very much with the Owner Mr. Ananth. According to him, this car is not for sale and no way it will be restored back to originality. Mr. Ananth is very happy with the car. Personally, I too am very happy with this car.

Chanu: Looks like you are still tempted to buy more FIATs. First restore your cars to full glory and stock enough parts for them.

Stanher: LOL. If the Delight parts I have were surplus, I would surely donate them.

Mehul1100: Your "Innova like features" Padmini needs this type of modification.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 09:07   #1755
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

If I remember correctly, this owner has a habit of modifying/changing the complete look and feel of the car every 3-4 years.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow samsag12 Post-War 149 26th June 2016 14:14
Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club-Original 1974 Premier President arun1100 Post-War 49 21st January 2015 19:15
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! Sujith1100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 146 25th October 2011 21:53
Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur! FiatMyLife Travelogues 86 11th January 2011 23:49
Wanted: Fiat 1100: Bangalore khan_sultan Shifting gears 4 22nd June 2009 23:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks