Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 10th July 2010, 20:48   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics folks. Surely you all had a great time, it seems. The 331 conversion has come out really well. I liked the color of the car and passion of maintenance of the owner of CKE 3602 graphite grey one. Looks factory fresh. Thanks guys for uploading the pics of the event.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 22:04   #2012
BANNED

@Adheesh bhai: Your PP is one SUPERB example for sure. After seeing your PP only I was tempted buy 331. Both are same color and model.
I remember seeing your PP thread. Hence I thought your PP was partly repainted. Must be just minor touch up job.?
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 22:15   #2013
BHPian

Simply Superb!!!!!!!!
We just missed the long dirve.
Line up at Hebbal Over bridge is good.
Whole Yelhanka signal is filled with FIATs. A bit nostalgic picture.
This was the common seen in Banaglore/Mumbai/Pune of 1980s.!!!!!!!!!!!
Gone these days guys. But only few of us like minded people can bring back glory to FIATs in India.
My dream and best luck to you for next rally "Next long drive there should not be any space left for at least 1st 50m from signal. If you take the long shoot from top ,till camera range only FIATs should be seen"
Fiat&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 22:55   #2014
Senior - BHPian

This was by far the best meet/rally we had till date. The young had the opportunity to drag, the old had the opportunity to vent out their feelings, every FIAT had the opportunity to revv hard on the long drive, everyone had the opportunity to socialize during the lunch, some had the opportunity to get ticket for over speeding.

They key highlight of the event in my opinion was:
- Morning gift to FCB founders by means of a beautiful article citing credit to all hard work done so far by DNA paper.
- Damodaran, retired wing commander, 85yrs of age, showing his FIAT cufflinks, which got every FCBian, Media and onlookers attention.
- Damodaran ripping at speeds of over 100kmph with ease as if it was just 40kmph.
- Drag covered by news channel.

On behalf of FCB, I apologize for the delay in posting pictures. We have just gotten busy with personal commitments too.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 22:58   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Amazing, totally amazing. Beautiful line up guys, beautiful rally.

Bangy boys, I'm at a loss of words. I wish, how I wish I could've been present there, SOMEHOW

331 is looking awesome.

MEV 8037 is a treasure. I've fallen head over heels for this SS. Whom does she belong to ?? What a nice colour. BTW is she running on Select tail lights ?
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 00:09   #2016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Amazing, totally amazing. Beautiful line up guys, beautiful rally.

Bangy boys, I'm at a loss of words. I wish, how I wish I could've been present there, SOMEHOW

331 is looking awesome.

MEV 8037 is a treasure. I've fallen head over heels for this SS. Whom does she belong to ?? What a nice colour. BTW is she running on Select tail lights ?
The tail lamps are plastic and so owner did an easy mod to them, but then this car is not that clean, the surf blue that i posted on the other thread is single owner with lot of mileage and many original bits. and rest of them are in their store room waiting to be reconditioned.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 00:25   #2017
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pics.! A pity about the rear lights of MDB 2591, which is otherwise a very original car!! If only the owner/s had been a little more patient...!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 00:44   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Awesome pics.! A pity about the rear lights of MDB 2591, which is otherwise a very original car!! If only the owner/s had been a little more patient...!
The car is single owner with working pull starter, webber carb, drum type air filer and like. few things are not original like the tail lights, the big headlights and the parking lights, the owner's fathehr has modified the dashboard to accomadate the gauges and so the millicento badge is gone, gone is the rear view mirror, this one is more practical to use and was bought from america in 60's.

Owner is looking for 1 set of tail lights with lens or without. looking for original wheel caps, he has only one. he has to go on electrical restoration. I recently gave him the combination switch and the Fiat badge. Any leads would be welcomed.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:35   #2019
BANNED

Default Monsoon Rally Pics

Here are a few more pics clicked by Col. Gopinath
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-res02588.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-res02593.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-res02605.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-res02609.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-res02611.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-res02612.jpg  

Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 15:03   #2020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The car is single owner with working pull starter, webber carb, drum type air filer and like. few things are not original like the tail lights, the big headlights and the parking lights,
Owner is looking for 1 set of tail lights with lens or without. looking for original wheel caps, he has only one.
Yes, that's what I meant when I said its otherwise a v.original car...

Can the tail-lamp assemblies be fabricated, being aluminium? The "anda" shaped tail-lenses can still be had in Bombay I was told.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 15:44   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Yes, that's what I meant when I said its otherwise a v.original car...

Can the tail-lamp assemblies be fabricated, being aluminium? The "anda" shaped tail-lenses can still be had in Bombay I was told.
the lenses repro are made by some one in India and so available in plenty . As for the body I have offered to model that in Pro-e and then have them cnc machined. lets see how it goes.
Old 12th July 2010, 00:00   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday late evening, one very sweet and nice conversation happened with our FCBs youngest member Madan Mohan Kinger at his house. Me and Arun were chit chatting with him. He was just telling us how he fared in his life. He had responsibility of getting his 7 sisters married, later his son and daughter and also his brother's son and daughter. He was also telling how the Fiat played pivotal role in his life all these years. His fiat is a darling among the 7 sisters. During those days his seven sisters and himself used to drive around in his Fiat. Till date whenever any sister comes, they REFUSE to sit in any other car other than the FIAT and has to be driven by Madan. After he finished off with all his responsibilities, Madan now enjoys life to the fullest. He might be 72 years old, his heart and mind is that of a 20 year old. We have nick named him "Youngest FCBian". At the recent meet, his dressing style, appearance and jovialness earned him another nick name "Fereoze Khan" by which he was overly delighted.

Later, his son came home. He apparantly is of the newer breed and doesnt like the Fiat or any old cars. He has tried numerous times to get Madan sell off his Fiat. Every attempt has failed. Couple of months back, Madan was under tremendous pressure to sell it, hoever, we 4 FCB founders convinced him so firmly that he shouldnt. His son was also trying to convince Madan to drive newer cars with floor shift. His point was the newer cars are more safer and portrays their class and level in society. The argument went on for 10 mins. Madan refused to budge to the idea and stuck to the Fiat. He also tried to use me and Arun to convince him that he has to change. We just gave a embarassed smile. Finally, got fed up and said "Beta, chod do. Fiat has served me for over 50 years and never troubled me. I dont even need to think of safety. There is no need to change in this aspect". His son just went into silence, matter closed.

Madan has vowed not to sell his Fiat in his lifetime. I hope he will be able to keep up the words. Undoubtedly, his is one of the finest Fiats in Bangalore.

I will post very detailed pictures of his car including engine compartment some time in the coming days. Its definitely a feast!

Last edited by funkykar : 12th July 2010 at 00:03.
Old 12th July 2010, 01:09   #2023
BANNED

Nice writeup Karthik! Thanks to FCB we are totally occupied with FCBians during weekend.

It was really great spending time with Madan and listening to all his FIAT stories. He is more than just a Fiatian to us now. He helps us in guiding in career matters too. Sometimes personal matters too! What we cannot ask our dad, we feel free to discuss such matters with him.

We are helping him fix a sunshade for his Fiat. Need to get the sunshade painted tomorrow.

Jai ho Fiats, FCB, FCBians, FIATians.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 02:03   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
What we cannot ask our dad, we feel free to discuss such matters with him.

We are helping him fix a sunshade for his Fiat. Need to get the sunshade painted tomorrow.

Jai ho Fiats, FCB, FCBians, FIATians.

I agree with you Arun! I too feel very good while being and discussing many things.

If there is one thing missing on his car, its the sun shade. Lets get the job done for him. His car has never visited a mechanic since 2 years and out of touch with mechanics, tinkers and painters. We shall take it up end to end.

Last edited by funkykar : 12th July 2010 at 02:09.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:05   #2025
Senior - BHPian

I had a very nice interaction with Mr.Madan and he was really a passionate Fiatian.His thoughts were genuine and his love for Fiat was unparalleled.
It was pleasure talking to him and we took some good photos togather.
FCB must be proud to have a member like Mr.Madan.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote