Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 19:07   #2101
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I have been in touch with Prerana motors since over a week as myself and a few others have booked for the Palio Stile. The sales head and manager in charge for Fiat section at Prerana was very impressed to know about FCB and had a few general discussions. The sales head Vijay who has been in touch with me called me today morning. He said that news of FCB has reached Fiat-India Bangalore officials and they too are impressed. They want to meet the founders some day for lunch or dinner and have casual discussions with us. Later, they would want to join us in some of our rallys to see how we go about.

On behalf of FCB, we founder members would be meeting Fiat-India in the coming week. By the way, we are not expecting anything from them, we are just glad to hear from them and to meet them.
Thats a proud moment for all of us (fiatians). Hope you all enjoy the rendezvous. BTW you are planning to purchase a Palio and/or a Nano.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 19:10   #2102
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,339
Thanked: 1,528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thats a proud moment for all of us (fiatians). Hope you all enjoy the rendezvous. BTW you are planning to purchase a Palio and/or a Nano.

Thanks a lot! Hope it would be a nice experience for FCB as well as Fiat-India. We will keep you posted on the happenings.

I had a Nano for 3 months and had to part away with it. Its a long story that I cannot explain here

Now, along with my endless list of 1100's and NE's, a Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 SDX would join the stable.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 22:28   #2103
BHPian
 
Fiat&Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Congrates funkykar for the Palio. It is one the robust machine from FIAT. That to in Exotica Red. New FIAT logo really matches with the colour.
Fiat&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 23:00   #2104
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,805
Thanked: 205 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
He said that news of FCB has reached Fiat-India Bangalore officials and they too are impressed. They want to meet the founders some day for lunch or dinner and have casual discussions with us. Later, they would want to join us in some of our rallys to see how we go about..
Good work guys, keep it up !
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Now, along with my endless list of 1100's and NE's, a Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 SDX would join the stable.
Wow, that's the best news I've heard today. Please do post pics the moment she arrives !!
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 23:26   #2105
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,339
Thanked: 1,528 Times
Default

Thanks everyone. The new FIAT logo will definitely look good on the exotica red.

Here are some pics of Vaitheeswaran from Erode who is a member of FCB. He wanted the pics of his 1974 dieseled Fiat.
Attached Images
      

Last edited by funkykar : 29th July 2010 at 23:31.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 09:39   #2106
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,386
Thanked: 575 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
On behalf of FCB, we founder members would be meeting Fiat-India in the coming week. By the way, we are not expecting anything from them, we are just glad to hear from them and to meet them.
That's great news, hope if we can divert the attention of Fiat India for the non avalibility of parts for the Cars and lack of information for reference.

Off track In my company we provide spares upto 25 years of discontinuation. And for much older products we have classic parts .
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 13:29   #2107
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,339
Thanked: 1,528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
That's great news, hope if we can divert the attention of Fiat India for the non avalibility of parts for the Cars and lack of information for reference.

Off track In my company we provide spares upto 25 years of discontinuation. And for much older products we have classic parts .

Lets see! We will surely discuss this and see if what their reactions would be.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 13:56   #2108
BHPian
 
sats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I have been in touch with Prerana motors since over a week as myself and a few others have booked for the Palio Stile. The sales head and manager in charge for Fiat section at Prerana was very impressed to know about FCB and had a few general discussions. The sales head Vijay who has been in touch with me called me today morning. He said that news of FCB has reached Fiat-India Bangalore officials and they too are impressed. They want to meet the founders some day for lunch or dinner and have casual discussions with us. Later, they would want to join us in some of our rallys to see how we go about.

On behalf of FCB, we founder members would be meeting Fiat-India in the coming week. By the way, we are not expecting anything from them, we are just glad to hear from them and to meet them.
That's great news. Visibility and Recognition in any form is worth it's weight in gold. Kudos to you guys, keep up the good work.
sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 13:59   #2109
BHPian
 
sats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Fiat mechanics in south Bangalore

Any other good Premier Padmini mechanics in south Bangalore apart from Mr.Govindarajan
sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 14:04   #2110
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,447
Thanked: 7,108 Times
Default

The FCCCI has been in close contact with Fiat India for a few years now. We were even lucky to visit the Kurla premises when it was still operational, and subsequently we have visited the Ranjangaon premises a few times, usually in July, as July 11th is foundation day.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...aon-fccci.html (Fiat Factory visit to Ranjangaon - FCCCI)

It is rather unreasonable to expect Fiat to supply parts for our cars - you must remember they exited India in 1972, almost 40 years back! It was Premier all the way after that. Even internationally the 1100s stopped by 1967. They have however extended their support to other activities, and have even made a couple of corporate films on the club.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 14:15   #2111
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,339
Thanked: 1,528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Any other good Premier Padmini mechanics in south Bangalore apart from Mr.Govindarajan
There are many good mechanics. But it all depends on the work to be done. Did you find any other good Padmini for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The FCCCI has been in close contact with Fiat India for a few years now.
You guys are really lucky!

Quote:
It is rather unreasonable to expect Fiat to supply parts for our cars
Very true.

Last edited by funkykar : 30th July 2010 at 14:16.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 15:11   #2112
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,386
Thanked: 575 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
It is rather unreasonable to expect Fiat to supply parts for our cars - you must remember they exited India in 1972, almost 40 years back! It was Premier all the way after that. Even internationally the 1100s stopped by 1967. They have however extended their support to other activities, and have even made a couple of corporate films on the club.
I knew of that and have seen one of the film also , great. I was just wondering how internationally parts of other cars like standards, mercedes, plymouth etc are available. similarly some thing could be done for 1100's.

Also when you search internet you will get to know a lot about model features and like to bring the cars to originality (by books, by websites by experts etc. etc.) I find it difficult to find the same for Fiat's and this forum has been of immence help to me.

Any way, let's carry on with work and cherish the excitement of Finding NOS parts on the way.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 15:16   #2113
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,339
Thanked: 1,528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I knew of that and have seen one of the film also , great.
Can you post the link here of the videos?

Quote:
I was just wondering how internationally parts of other cars like standards, mercedes, plymouth etc are available. similarly some thing could be done for 1100's.
May be because 1100s' are popular only in India?!
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 15:28   #2114
BHPian
 
sats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

[quote=funkykar;2003892]There are many good mechanics. But it all depends on the work to be done. Did you find any other good Padmini for sale?


No funkykar, been busy with office work. Just collecting information on the mechanics, whom I could use as soon as I am able to get a decent car or even meet with them if they have any info available on any PP's for sale
sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 15:35   #2115
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,339
Thanked: 1,528 Times
Default

@Sats: When it comes to some of the popular mechanics anywhere in Bangalore, dont ask about used cars until you befriend them. Many get really pissed off and give rude answers that they dont deal in cars and will not entertain anymore. I guess you just need to wait it out until you find a decent one. Please do not hurry.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow samsag12 Post-War 149 26th June 2016 14:14
Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club-Original 1974 Premier President arun1100 Post-War 49 21st January 2015 19:15
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! Sujith1100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 146 25th October 2011 21:53
Fiat goes Off The Road - FCB drives to forests of Chikmagalur! FiatMyLife Travelogues 86 11th January 2011 23:49
Wanted: Fiat 1100: Bangalore khan_sultan Shifting gears 4 22nd June 2009 23:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks